• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality Type 5 checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuz these are all just type 4;

1. "Became an existence which is no longer a part of the universe, with nobody being able to neither interact with nor remember her anymore"
- These two only shows that she is beyond the causality of the universe and humans, not "all causality". Because what we call "all causality" is not a particular (or more than one) causal system. It has to be "ALL". And this has to include all causality systems that can exist/can be conceived of. Otherwise type 5 is no different from type 4.

2. ...as she's now completely outside time, cause and effect, without any kind of connection to the world
- This is already the definition of type 4. Being independent of specific causal system/s (systems that contains causes and effects).

@AbaddonTheDisappointment ehh, I’m not exactly seeing the unchangeable nature in both the Warhammer and Destiny stuff. Probably just type 4 for these beings.
Fair enough. I informed some other guys more well versed in both verses on the thread so I'll just wait for guys to comment on it since they were more involved with the type 5 acausality stuff than I was

This thread is for characters that already have Acausality right? Not for proposing adding an ability to a page?

What if a character has Type 4, and you wanted to debate type 5? Would it be best to post that as a,separate CRT?

Or, better yet, have there ever been instances where characters have combinations of Type(s) 1-4, that are better explained by Type 5?

@AbaddonTheDisappointment ehh, I’m not exactly seeing the unchangeable nature in both the Warhammer and Destiny stuff. Probably just type 4 for these beings.
"Veslyin the Anchorite said that time has no meaning in the Sea of Souls. The warp can give glimpses of the past, the future and the present because within it they are all one. According to him when dealing with its denizens trying to attribute events to a timeframe in terms of past, present or future, is pointless – they must be addressed in terms of absolute actions. - Path of the Dark Eldar"

If "They must be addressed in terms of Apsolute actions" isn't enough for you, then what is? Cause this shit netted Warhammer a possibly under the literal strictest standards.

"Veslyin the Anchorite said that time has no meaning in the Sea of Souls. The warp can give glimpses of the past, the future and the present because within it they are all one. According to him when dealing with its denizens trying to attribute events to a timeframe in terms of past, present or future, is pointless – they must be addressed in terms of absolute actions. - Path of the Dark Eldar"

If "They must be addressed in terms of Apsolute actions" isn't enough for you, then what is? Cause this shit netted Warhammer a possibly under the literal strictest standards.
Further to this, it seems there is some disconnect between the Chaos Gods existing within the realm of chaos itself instead of actually physically being the The Realm of Chaos. So when Time/Causality/Concepts/Laws break down upon exposure to this it actually IS these things not interacting with the Chaos Gods instead of just the Realm of Chaos/Warp.

Why do people keep saying all causality systems
to be truly unbound by all causality systems means you need to be tier 1-A and be unbound by it and unchangeable by it.
We literally no longer follow this system you can be unbound by causality and unchangeable to only one reality or plane of existence and that still is enough for Type 5 Acausality.
the difference between Type 4 and Type 5 isn't being unbound by all causal systems it is being unbound and being shown to be unchangeable because of it while Type 4 only grants irregularity.

The Type 5 acausality revision even before Everything12 posted the original thread like this even agreed upon that a Type 5 acausal in 4D shouldn't be assumed to be unbound by causality in a higher level of reality or higher dimension as the higher reality and higher dimension would be unreachable by the causal system in the lower reality and lower dimension and has their own causal system that is different from the lower ones.

@LIFE_OF_KING fine by me.

@StorytellingDemonKing @AKUTO123 So you got half of the requirements for beyond causality, anything about this rendering them unchangeable to the rest of reality?

@Samael_010 Not really? You'd need that to be established to be a thing in the verse.

@RaveeCPN Idk why you're claiming it needs to be every and all forms of cause and effect when that's never really required for type 5 to begin with, otherwise characters like Oryx wouldn't have had type 5 for a while despite not being 1-A pre downgrade.

@DaReaperMan That text in of itself doesn't mean much to me without further context.

@Blackcurrant91 do you have any scans for that? If there's some world altering thing that the chaos gods aren't affected by due to their nature in the realm that can help with the type 5.

@DaReaperMan That text in of itself doesn't mean much to me without further context.
To explain better, basically one needs to take an "Apsolute action" to effect any being native to the warp within the warp, there was another interpretation given by Agnaa(I don't remember what it was) that turned the quote into a possibly

@RaveeCPN Idk why you're claiming it needs to be every and all forms of cause and effect when that's never really required for type 5 to begin with, otherwise characters like Oryx wouldn't have had type 5 for a while despite not being 1-A pre downgrade.
I'll just give a short answer to this and then go. I've already created a staff thread about this situation, so it would make more sense to talk about it there rather than here.

So my answer is that being beyond one or more causal systems and being untouchable/unchangeable should not be type 5 but type 4 or higher degree of it. Otherwise you cannot treat all baseline type 5s on the same level. And what we call type 4 is already being beyond a certain causal system. What you are claiming now is nothing but equating it with type 5.

Last edited:
@Blackcurrant91 do you hver their realms, seeking any disturbances in the pattern of the warp that signal intrusion or opportunity. – Codeave any scans for that? If there's some world altering thing that the chaos gods aren't affected by due to their nature in the realm that can help with the type 5.
Chaos Manipulation & Void Manipulation (Aethyr in high concentrations like within the Realm of Chaos, breaks down Causality, Laws, Concepts and Matter returning them to the Void beyond creation) + all the stuff about time Reaper mentioned. The Realms of the Chaos Gods and their Avatars are one and the same meaning the Warp is literally their bodies.

As extensions of the gods, the appearances of these domains are formed upon the same emotions that created their masters: Khorne’s realm is founded on anger and bloodletting; Tzeentch’s lands are scintillating constructs of pure magic; Nurgle’s territory is a haven of death and regeneration, and Slaanesh’s dominion is a paradise of damning temptations. Though realm and god are as one, the Chaos Gods each have a form that embodies their personalities and dwells at the very heart of their territories. Wreathed in unearthly power, the Chaos Gods watch over their realms, seeking any disturbances in the pattern of the warp that signal intrusion or opportunity. – Codex: Chaos Daemons (8th ed.), pg. 7

@DaReaperMan yeah that seems a bit too vague, I can see why possibly type 5 was suggested. If they can elaborate on that it might help but I’m unsure atm.

@Blackcurrant91 that doesn’t exactly help given it just mentions their extensions senses any changes in the warp, not that they’re a being who just doesn’t change from any effect in the reality they’re in.

@DaReaperMan yeah that seems a bit too vague, I can see why possibly type 5 was suggested. If they can elaborate on that it might help but I’m unsure atm.

@Blackcurrant91 that doesn’t exactly help given it just mentions their extensions senses any changes in the warp, not that they’re a being who just doesn’t change from any effect in the reality they’re in.
That's why I'm suggesting it now, it might be crystal clear to me(Because I'm built different) but I can't deny that to others it might seem vague or be open to a different solid interpretation of the quote

It's not something available in one scan, it's cause of a bunch of different things. If we are accepting that the Warp/Roc statement about transcending causality is valid then this by default has to apply to the bodies of the Chaos Gods, the statement about transcending causality is also the statement showing that causality doesn't interact with them. Remember the Chaos Gods literally are the physical structure of the Warp.

In regards to Warhammer's stuff. although there is no direct mention of causality
If Warhammer's time (Past present future) is intertwined with Causality. the statement about past present and future is "one" that could make it qualify similarly to Elder scrolls of existing in a state where all event happens at once (Since past present and future becomes one all of them happens simultaneously Which is what the warp is).

@Robo432343 That's still not enough for type 5. Again you need that unchangeable nature to connect to being beyond causality to count.

@Blackcurrant91 @DaReaperMan I'll put the chaos gods on Possibly type 5. Again still unsure on some of the statements since by itself it doesn't really mean much to me.

@TheGreatJedi13 they do mention causality though, one of the scans even said "where cause don't need effect".

So you got half of the requirements for beyond causality, anything about this rendering them unchangeable to the rest of reality?
I completely didn't understand What is the mean rest of realty. ı have already explain outside of everythink and aca5 = beyond casualty and it hasn't got any casual system and ı said, it outside every story (it is mean casualty) so it already got all of the requirements. if is there a requirements what i don't know plase say me

Yeah the Destiny characters don't quite fit the new standard. It's probably only the Light and Darkness, which aren't characters, and maybe some other things that don't have pages.

I completely didn't understand What is the mean rest of realty. ı have already explain outside of everythink and aca5 = beyond casualty and it hasn't got any casual system and ı said, it outside every story (it is mean casualty) so it already got all of the requirements. if is there a requirements what i don't know plase say me
It needs to be unchangeable, un-interactable, or something along those lines because it is outside of causality.

@AKUTO123 Read the OP, I literally explained it in the second paragraph what the requirements are.

@WHYNAUT I'll put Oryx in the disqualified section, I assume he'd still get type 4 for being a paracasual?

Alright, is there any SCP expert here that can explain what part of the Noosphere being the dimension of time and transcending time equates to type 5 Acausality? Because I'm not seeing it.

Alright, is there any SCP expert here that can explain what part of the Noosphere being the dimension of time and transcending time equates to type 5 Acausality? Because I'm not seeing it.
You should ping Weekly and Saikou

I think they're the main ones who were involved with god-tier SCP shit.

Could be wrong though

From an external view, that would be weird if a place was the embodiment of causality and at the same time is independent unless it refers to something else like its true form or something like that

@Oliver_de_jesus that seems like a contradiction if you ask me, I'll wait for a few days for Saikou to respond, if I'm not gonna get anything I'll assume there's nothing for the new standard and disqualify SCP.

The Noosphere is transcendent of everything in the physical form (being explicitly called the World of Formes, holding the conceptual form of everything in the physical world). It just so happen to be the construct that causes time to advance from one moment to another. It's less "time itself" and more so "the transcendent concept space that causes time and causality to happen". And we explicitly know that the Noosphere is pan-temporal, what with someone roughly on the same level as it being able to see the universe "in all times and and places". So characters on a scope similar to the Noosphere (so everyone that scales to SCP-3125, who entirely consumed the Noosphere) would probably have Type 5 Acausality, yes. Especially since we know that multiple temporal dimensions are possible, which means they would transcend potentially any number of higher levels of time as well.

Somewhat?

4755 exists on a similar scale and is quite heavily implied to be untouchable to its pan-temporal nature.

"Bracks: Noted. If I understood the parable correctly, are you suggesting that the Foundation has become a Tier V conceptual anomaly?

Irantu: Negative. I am saying that it always was Tier V. Your limited perception of Containment as a set of concrete-and-metal facilities located on a spinning rock is merely the residual effect of its elevation. Throughout all times and places, Containment has permeated and proliferated. The Foundation's final directive has already been accomplished: we have contained reality itself."

"Irantu: Does it need an explanation, Doctor? I have already told you that Containment has become a universal constant. There will always be the watchful eye of a deity, always the rigid authoritarianism of an Intrinsic, always the abyss which will stare back, always the Foundation. We have made infantilization a universal dogma. After 2103, there will be no choice. There will be no threat to uniformity. There will only be Containment. And who watches the watchmen?"

Really don't know what kind of ****** up standards you all managed to get for this ability but if this doesn't work I'm surprised it's even seen as worth keeping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back