• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abstract Existence Type 1 Clarifications (Subjected to become Staff Discussion)

In Short Summary,
The reason for this CTR is because I have seen many debates where it has been argued what Fundamental Abstract Hax is necessary to affect Abstract Beings and which can specifically harm certain Abstractions. So I'm making this CTR for clarification on the different kinds of Abstract Entities and what Abstract Hax can or cannot affect them. NPI that can affect Abstract beings and/or Feats are a given. but outside of that what are the default methods that one can use to harm abstract beings even without feats.

1. Thought/Idea Abstractions
PztzaXb.png

Such as The God Hand from Berserk

What does it take to affect Abstractions of Thoughts by default? (Multiple Answers can be selected)
1. Mind/Thought related Hax
2. Conceptual Hax
3. Information Hax
4. Plot Hax
5. Other Options

2. Reality Abstractions
xcTOy4K.jpg

Such as Eternity from Marvel Comics

What does it take to affect Abstractions of Reality by default? (Multiple Answers can be selected)
1. Space-Time and/or Reality Manipulation Hax
2. Conceptual Hax
3. Information Hax
4. Plot Hax
5. Other Options

3. Conceptual Abstractions
IA22Xfr.jpg

Such as Ultimate Madoka from Puella Magi

What does it take to affect Abstractions of Concepts by default? (Multiple Answers can be selected)
1. Conceptual Hax
2. Information Hax
3. Plot Hax
4. Other Options

4. Information Abstractions
NFcM6jB.jpg

Such as the Words of the World from Tensei Shitara Slime

What does it take to affect Abstractions of Information by default? (Multiple Answers can be selected)
1. Conceptual Hax
2. Information Hax
3. Plot Hax
4. Other Options

5. Narrative Abstractions
9sVyn7F.png

Such as Shallow Vernal from I Was Caught up in a Hero Summoning

What does it take to affect Abstractions of Narrative by default? (Multiple Answers can be selected)
1. Conceptual Hax
2. Information Hax
3. Plot Hax
4. Other Options

6. Abstractions of ANY KIND that utilizes Physical Forms/Bodies
7CyM856.jpg

Such as Death in Family Guy

What does it take to affect Abstractions of any kind that uses Physical Forms/Bodies by default? (Multiple Answers can be selected)
1. Any kind of Hax they don't resist
2. Fundamental Aspect Hax (Concept, Information and Plot)
3. Only Fundamental Hax that matches their Abstraction
4. Other Options

Well yes, although the conceptual entity depends on which concept it embodies, since type 3 and 2 (up to a certain point) simply only have to destroy its object

Well yes, although the conceptual entity depends on which concept it embodies, since type 3 and 2 (up to a certain point) simply only have to destroy its object
And what about the Other Abstractions?
Like the Narrative and Information Abstractions?
Would Conceptual Manipulation be capable of affecting them or not?
Or would you specifically need Plot and Information Manipulation respectively to counter them?

I'll assuming will, emotion, dream, etc abstractions are all getting lumped in with thought abstractions?

Also seeing abstractions using physical bodies/forms reminds me of AE type 3 before it got nuked and parts of it got reincorporated into type 2.

I'll assuming will, emotion, dream, etc abstractions are all getting lumped in with thought abstractions?
Yeah

Also seeing abstractions using physical bodies/forms reminds me of AE type 3 before it got nuked and parts of it got reincorporated into type 2.
LOLOL
But yeah I have noticed a lot of characters have AE1 and still use physically present forms/bodies to interact with or affect stuff in the world

So I wanted it to be clarified what can affect them as well

Tbf we do separate mind and emphatic manipulation into two separate P&A plus fiction often treats the mind and "heart" as two separate aspects of a living being (alongside the body, soul, name, etc), I can see an argument that emotion abstractions are distinct enough to be separated from thought abstractions based on this but I don't mind either way, just giving my two cents.

Also it should go without saying but having NPI feats should only be used as a specific interaction feat (e.g; interaction with an information abstraction doesn't mean you can also interact with conceptual abstractions nor gain any form of information manipulation without further context).

Tbf we do separate mind and emphatic manipulation into two separate P&A plus fiction often treats the mind and "heart" as two separate aspects of a living being (alongside the body, soul, name, etc), I can see an argument that emotion abstractions are distinct enough to be separated from thought abstractions based on this but I don't mind either way, just giving my two cents.

Also it should go without saying but having NPI feats should only be used as a specific interaction feat (e.g; interaction with an information abstraction doesn't mean you can also interact with conceptual abstractions nor gain any form of information manipulation without further context).
Yeah
Good point 👍
And understand the NPI feats part because with NPI feats everything becomes easier

This evaluation here for is for cases without feats
Like would a character with Concept Type 1 by default be capable of affecting a Conceptual Abstraction?

And if the answer to that is yes, that you can affect an abstract without feats of interaction only the necessary power needed then it should be made clear what powers can affect certain abstractions by default

How about a non defined abstraction?

Essentially, they abstracts in a sense they exist as no form, but they're neither of the things you mentioned, not mind, neither are they concepts, nor information nor plot, nor nonexistent.

They do not have form yet they "exist" somehow.

How about a non defined abstraction?

Essentially, they abstracts in a sense they exist as no form, but they're neither of the things you mentioned, not mind, neither are they concepts, nor information nor plot, nor nonexistent.

They do not have form yet they "exist" somehow.
You're just describing Nonexistent Physiology. If such beings are also "not nonexistent", one could argue layered NEP.

Back