• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Absolute Zero Feats in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I had to debate whether or not an attack stated to be Absolute Zero was actually Absolute Zero as it displayed no characteristics of the temperature.

Should there be an "Absolute Zero Feats in Fiction" page explaining the guidelines of how to tell if a technique is actually Absolute Zero, similar to the Black Hole feats in fictio page?

That is a good point...

I'll make a page about it when I have free time. After all, I did write the Powers and Abilities page for it.

I think there should be a page of this. Like the black hole page we have that explains how BH's really are and what they may or may not behave in fiction, we should have something like this....

While I'm not sure what you could write regarding what makes it not absolute zero, things like more extensive detail about it helps prove it (Like they state the temperature in degrees instead of just vaguely stating it's absolute zero)

I agree that this would be a good idea.

Those examples are attacks that are explicitly described as reaching Absolute Zero.

The effects of Absolute Zero are currently uncertain (since it's thermodynamically impossible in reality), but theoretically speaking all atomic movement and energy flow would slow to a halt, and the loss of binding energy would cause atoms to collapse under their own weight, thus ignoring conventional durability.

Would Winter from Fairy Tail armor count, because when Grey punched it his arm started to crack and Winter did say it would freeze anything instantly and it ignored Grey's immunity to ice

@WDGaster

Probably not, since Natsu and co. weren't crumbling to pieces after they were frozen.

Anyways, some things indicative of Absolute Zero:

1) Being explicitly mentioned to reach Absolute Zero.

2) Freezing the very atoms of the targets.

3) Stopping all energy flow.

4) Targets quickly fall to pieces after being frozen.

Natsu and co didn't fight him in the Ice rending divine raiment armor, just grey, and his arm did crack up, but he was also molding the ice so that it wouldn't affect him

I believe Esdeath's Mahpadma is also an example of this, being able to free time and space itself. This relates to absolute zero because at absolute zero, all molecular motion literally ceases and nothing stops moving within the area affected, something that Mahapadma has displayed.

If an absolute zero page were to be made, are there any specific topics do you guys want addressed?

@WDGasterBlaster

On second look, that might actually be a good case of it. Seems to work rather slowly though...

@Lina Shields

I'm actually not sure if it is impossible to literally freeze time, since it's a 4-D Concept and all... but I remember having a conversation like this in the past, so maybe.

That said, specific topics would probably be a scientific definition, some indications and evidence that points towards Absolute Zero, and what it exactly means in a fight.

Quoted from Rukia's page:

" She completely stops all the molecules in her body, preventing any material or substance attempting to affect her from doing so because it cannot enter her body"

and her bankai descrption "Hakka no Togame increases the area of influence of Rukia's ability to reach the temperature of absolute zero. Upon release, a pillar of cold mist rises up into the air from where Rukia is and covers a wide area in her vicinity. Anything within the area of influence of the mist is frozen. Once frozen solid, victims crumble away within seconds. Physical contact with Rukia herself causes other people to begin freezing solid because of how cold she is"

would that be considered absolute zero?

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Quoted from Rukia's page:

" She completely stops all the molecules in her body, preventing any material or substance attempting to affect her from doing so because it cannot enter her body"

and her bankai descrption "Hakka no Togame increases the area of influence of Rukia's ability to reach the temperature of absolute zero. Upon release, a pillar of cold mist rises up into the air from where Rukia is and covers a wide area in her vicinity. Anything within the area of influence of the mist is frozen. Once frozen solid, victims crumble away within seconds. Physical contact with Rukia herself causes other people to begin freezing solid because of how cold she is"

would that be considered absolute zero?

After her Royal Guard training even her Shikai can reach absolute zero for 4 seconds, her bankai however is not yet fully mastered.

http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-567?id=281487 http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-568?id=281488 http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-569?id=281489 http://*********.com/Manga/Bleach/Chapter-570?id=281490

What about calculated feats that put attacks *below* Absolute Zero? Blossom's Frost Breath was calced at like -10k C

@Apajarita

That's honestly really weird because I've read some articles that say that negative energy boomerangs all the way back to infinite energy... which is nevertheless mindboggling.

I think we should just leave it as Absolute Zero to avoid giving ourselves headaches.

Well Blossom's frostbreath was calced between -10k and -72k Kelvin. But, i guess we could do Absolute Zero+ or something? -shrugs-

Aparajita said:
Well Blossom's frostbreath was calced between -10k and -72k Kelvin. But, i guess we could do Absolute Zero+ or something? -shrugs-
Some franchises do have attacks that go beyond Absolute Zero. I'm reminded of Hypnos being hit by Hyoga's Absolute Zero attack, shrugging it off, and saying that he'd need an air x100 times colder to affect him.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Aparajita said:
Some franchises do have attacks that go beyond Absolute Zero. I'm reminded of Hypnos being hit by Hyoga's Absolute Zero attack, shrugging it off, and saying that he'd need an air x100 times colder to affect him.
Hundreds of times iirc, so at least x200 AZ.

I suppose we could note it as below Absolute Zero (which kind of derides the point of Absolute), but if that's how the franchise works...

Perhaps somebody should inform DontTalk and Alakabamm about this thread?

@RegisNex: Thank you.

Also, the stuff shown that happens beyond absolute zero can only be considered fiction, as there are no concrete theories about what would happen if you went below absolute zero, or if it is even possible.

I know Reppu said that if you go below abs.zero it boomerangs back to infinite energy, but I don't think that is a solid theory to base tempreatures below abs.zero.

Perhaps we should mention that due to having no solid theory about what would happen below absolute zero, we will regard all attacks that mention absolute zero and lower as a hax related ability rather than an AP one.

We should just only cover stuff that's mainly about Absolute Zero attacks and stuff near it.

Anything below it should be written in a way just like what he (Lina) said.

So resisting attacks that are 0 Kelvin and above would be a Durability feat while resisting attacks below 0 Kelvin would be a hax resisting feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back