• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Absolute Zero Feats in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
HokageMangaVox said:
According to you then every character that uses absolute zero is fictional and it wont be accepted as absolute zero because they can move, then was the point of making a page like that? I've to remind you that her body is frozen and dead in order to use it and move, by controlling her reishi.
not always, people who freeze their enemies with that temperature or attack with ice of that temeperature are ok, but i dont see how a person freezing themselfes to 0 kelvin and than still moves can be seen as a accepetable feat for absolute zero,

afterall all atoms are frozen and energy stops flowing, so hitsugayas version where he even stopped thor-quincys supersword power (which is the example for energy-stopping) is a lot more acceptable,

but i must apologize, it has been over 2 years since i have read that part, yeah, rukia didnt move so my point is moot, i think we can bring both into the explanation point as examples :)

GreatestSin said:
HokageMangaVox said:
According to you then every character that uses absolute zero is fictional and it wont be accepted as absolute zero because they can move, then was the point of making a page like that? I've to remind you that her body is frozen and dead in order to use it and move, by controlling her reishi.
not always, people who freeze their enemies with that temperature or attack with ice of that temeperature are ok, but i dont see how a person freezing themselfes to 0 kelvin and than still moves can be seen as a accepetable feat for absolute zero,
afterall all atoms are frozen and energy stops flowing, so hitsugayas version where he even stopped thor-quincys supersword power (which is the example for energy-stopping) is a lot more acceptable,

but i must apologize, it has been over 2 years since i have read that part, yeah, rukia didnt move so my point is moot, i think we can bring both into the explanation point as examples :)
Alright, you understand then.

About two things on the page:

• Stopping all energy flow around the target with sheer cold.
  • Freezing the very atoms of the target.
I don't think absolute zero has to strictly restrict all energy flow, just make the average kinetic energy of the particles 0 and just around the target wouldn't be sufficient either way. That aside that would be a only a necessary criteria not a sufficicent one. Just because energy doesn't flow, doesn't mean no energy there, I believe.

And freezing the atoms isn't exactly a formulation that makes sense like that. I think what you want to say is something like "Completly stopping the movement and vibrations of the particles of the target", or something. (Heck what do I know how that has to be formulated to be correct for quantum mehcanics)

^ Wouldn't not restricting energy flow raise the temperature of the cooled body?

I mean, the atoms around it are still in motion and posses kinetic energy. If they come in contact with the cooled body, they should transfer some of their energy to it, therefore heating it up. If AZ is to be maintained, either the attacker has to continuously cool the body down, or the body itself should be treated as a closed system, unable to interact with the suroundings.

If absolute zero is made quite often the energy is simply made to disappear and not to go somewhere else, in that sense it isn't necessary to restrict energy flow in fiction.

So as you said continously cooled down.

But as I said that is a necessary requirement at most, not a sufficient one.

So... what should I write?

Would it something along the lines of, "Reduce the energy within the target to zero." or something?

Reduce the energy to zero is a very hyperbole sounding and vague statement when made in my opinion (and technically untrue, given that just the kinetic energy is zero and the energy in form of restmass for example stays intact and in quantum mechanic a certain amount of zero-point energy remains). I wouldn't rely on it being absolute zero if just that is stated (even though it is very supportive towards it).

As far as it should be a sufficient requirement I would think something like "Reducing the internal energy of the target to zero", which is a slightly bit more specific than just the energy.

Not sure if this counts but Nunu has an ability called Absolute Zero which is described on the LoL website (Not here, might have to change that) as sapping the area of all heat.

can superman's ice breath go to absolute zero? i mean his heat vision can burn hotter then the core of the sun and don't see why his ice breath couldn't reach the same levels.

@WeeklyBattles

Sadly there's nothing on his lore mentioning his powers. Also the Yeti, Willump, is the one with the cold powers. On this descriptio it says he "saps the area of heat", not "all" heat. I believe that it's just a name for the ability and also Nunu himself being fine during the ability must probably mean that it's just very cold, but not absolute zero.

Mkay, im gonna have to adjust his profile then. And actually they technically both have ice powers, Nunu is the one who uses Ice Blast, not Willump.

@DontTalk I would appreciate if you could help Reppuzan by appropriately adjusting the profile.

Well, I added both things DontTalk mentioned, but a final appraisal would be nice.

Liber Legis from Demonbane can generate colds infinitely below Absolute Zero. it's the opposite of infinite heat(Lemuria Impact) of Demonbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back