• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About True-Godly Regen for 239.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGoji

They/Them
I was thinking about this after reading some threads. And she has Mid-Godly, not True-Godly.

She couldn't kill this creature. But she could heal it.

She felt the Way's core begin to collapse in on itself — she felt the end of the world begin —

She saw it all in her mind, to hole tearing in the middle of reality, all of Earth collapsing into the hole left in the middle of Site-17. That vision of her drifting off into space…

And she said, "No."

She reached into the forming hole in the world, into the heart of the suffering, broken Way, and she pulled it inside out. She pulled the Neverwere right out of it, and into…

Into essence. Into existence"

That says that she makes the Neverwere exists and after this erased then.

True-Godly is supposed to be restricted to 1-A or High 1-A by the virtue of transcending the duality existence/nonexistence.

"True-Godly is supposed to be restricted to 1-A or High 1-A by the virtue of transcending the duality existence/nonexistence."

That's not at all how it works.

You had me up until you were talking about 1-As. Yes, the regen is bull in her case, but it's not restricted to 1-As

I also thought that only 1-A characters could have True Godly Regenerationn, and not all of them achieve it at that.

Maybe you could politely ask DarkLK to give input here, as Sera is missing for at least 2.5 months.

I don't get how anything in the description (Regenerating from being erased from existence and nonexistence) implies that only 1-As can have True-Godly Regen.

You may be right, but I would prefer if somebody asked DarkLK as a safety measure.

I really wish people would actually look at the story and understand the context of the situation instead of just judging from an out of context snippet of text.

In a maternity ward not so far away from Site-17, in the world of the mundane, a newborn baby took in its first breath of air. The quickening. The moment when, metaphysically speaking, the soul enters the body.
The baby had matted black hair and bright brown eyes. It had red baby gums and pliable baby fingers and soft baby skin. It had cartilage and tendons and bones and blood and a mind.

It was real. It existed. It was happy.

"I have to admit," Alison Chao said, surveying the crowd below, "I didn't expect that outcome."

Next to her, Sigurrós Stef├ínsdóttir kicked her feet. "I couldn't kill it. I had to make it real."

"You realize that's never been done before, right?" Alison asked. "The Neverwere can't be truly real. That's their defining factor. It just… breaks the laws of the universe to say otherwise."

"Maybe the problem is with the laws of the universe, then," Sigurrós said.
239 altered the laws of the universe so she could erase the Neverwere, erased it and herself along with it, and when she realized that erasing it wouldnt kill it she made it real in the form of a newborn baby.

No, she doesn't have True Godly. She reality warped the thing and then erased it.

And she is never stated to have erased herself to the point where she didn't exist, then erased herself from Non-Existence as well.

I don't see any True Godly here. Mid-Godly instead.

Heck, by this reasoning I can totally go giving literally every SMT character True Godly regen right about now because they erased all of existence along with non-existent beings on one occasion and still came back.

Inside Site-17, the earth and sky shook for nearly a full minute.
And then all three of them, Sigurrós, the Neverwere, and the broken Way, disappeared into thin air, leaving only dust and quiet behind.

Once again, read the story instead of just focusing on an out of context snippit.

Once again, show me where is it said that she came back after erasing herself from Non-Existence after having already erased herself from Reality, by all means.

This is literally the ultimate level of Regen. Again, I could be happilly giving every SMT character (fodder included) True Godly right about now by going "They erased all of reality at the end of Nocturne, which also would include the White who are non-existent, yet they all came back." despite there being no such statement about being erased from non existence for me to be so certain about it, so they all get Mid-Godly instead.

Not questioning her Reality Warping.

Just like the CRT, what I totally agree with is that her having higher regen than Mid-Godly is no more legit than me suddenly giving Lavos as DD and TD High-Godly instead of Mid based on the DBT and its independence of the endless timelines/reality and the entirety of the SMT cast the aforementioned True-Godly.

@Fate I did already, she erased a being that IS nonexistence, and herself along with it, and then later in the story she's just fine. Disagree with it all you like, that doesnt make it any less legit.

She erased a being that is non-existence by reality warping it into existence then doing her thing.

And there's literally nothing anywhere saying she erased herself to the point where she was erased from non-existence as well.

She would have to have erased herself from Reality and the Non-Existence or be outright stated to have done both. There is nothing hinting at that nor implying that she erased herself from both reality and non-existence as well.

Meaning, Mid-Godly.

EDIT: Also why would she even need to reality warp it if she could just up and erase it? Even the information and circumstances of the feat given here are conflicting even more with True Godly at this point.

No, she erased a being by rewriting the laws of the universe so she could erase a nonexistent being, then made it real LATER .

She erased herself along with a nonexistent being, so yes there is. It makes no sense whatsoever to just randomly assume that she used two different levels of existence erasure simultaneously.

Which she did.

Meaning True-Godly

Yeah, no.

The feat is literally reality warping the being. You just said it yourself.

"she erased a being by rewriting the laws of the universe so she could erase a nonexistent being"

>>> By rewritting the laws of the universe

That's textbook definition of reality warping. She also had to made it real anyways, saying that this wasn't a part of the deal is just distorting the actual feat.

And? She erased herself along with a being that was reality warped into existence or at least who was reality warped to conform with the laws of the universe(i. e. reality, existence), then erased herself along with it.

She could very well have erased both from reality or erased the thing from non-existence while erasing herself from her own state of existence - which is Reality to Non-Existence.

Unless there's something there saying that she up and erased Herself to the point where she didn't exist in both reality nor in non-existence, this fact coupled with the circumstances of the feat are definitely Mid-Godly.

Even High Godly would need more than this feat. It would already need the destruction of all reality along with her and said thing. Again, if this same logic applied, all SMT characters would be True-Godly rather than Mid, since their feat actually encompasses all (technically most) of reality as well, being of a higher scale than the one presented here (on a very big 2-A scale, by the way). Do we assume that they were erased from non-existence as well, because the White who are non-existent were erased too, despite having no statement or conclusive evidence? No.

Mid-Godly.

@Fate

No, she had to rewrite the laws of universe so she could erase it, the erased it.

"She could very well have erased both from reality or erased the thing from non-existence while erasing herself from her own state of existence - which is Reality to Non-Existence."

Except that's absolutely never implied. Occam's Razor applies here.

"Unless there's something there saying that she up and erased Herself to the point where she didn't exist in both reality nor in non-existence, this fact coupled with the circumstances of the feat are definitely Mid-Godly."

Not how it works. She erased herself aside a being who outright doesn't exist. You need to point to something that implies she only erased herself from existence and nothing more.

"Even High Godly would need more than this feat."

Why?

"Again, if this same logic applied, all SMT characters would be True-Godly rather than Mid, since their feat actually encompasses all of reality as well, being of a higher scale than the one presented here. Do we assume that they were erased from non-existence as well, because the White who are non-existent were erased too, despite having no statement or conclusive evidence? No."

You're not quite giving a reason we can't, you know. Also, was it actually shown that the White were erased? Honest question, I don't know the scene.

"She'd been going about this wrong. You couldn't kill a Way. It was a Way. And you couldn't kill a Neverwere. You couldn't put something out of existence that didn't exist in the first place."

239s own thoughts, btw. If not, then omniscient narrator.

The current definition for True Godly is pretty bad. Nothing about the one sentence description is beyond the capacity of anything on the upper end of Mid-Godly or High-Godly, and following such loose definitions of nonexistence, one could easily do things such as give all SMT gods and demons True-Godly, or do the same for any Warp being in Warhammer 40k.

That said, even by the flawed current definition, giving 239 True-Godly is dubious, at best.

No, she had to rewrite the laws of universe so she could erase it, the erased it.

>>> If that's not Reality Warping, I have absolutely no idea what it is anymore. It's literally rewritting the laws of existence so that something that cannot be erased can be. It's not outright erasing something that already doesn't exist. I fail to understand what's so complicated about this point.

>>>Except that's absolutely never implied. Occam's Razor applies here.

That literally equals giving a character a feat that was never confirmed based on our own assumptions despite inconclusive evidense.

>> Not how it works. She erased herself aside a being who outright doesn't exist. You need to point to something that implies she only erased herself from existence and nothing more.

Ignoring that she Reality Warped the laws of the universe so the being could be erased from it beforehand. Again. Ignoring that there's nothing confirming she erased herself from both reality and non-existence as well. You erase a thing that doesn't exist, you're erasing it from its medium, non existence. You erase one that exists, it's gone from reality. And again, if she could do said erasure full on from the start, why did she even need to reality warp it? Yeah, no.

>>>Why?

Regenerating from all of dimensional reality being erased along with you sounds way worse than erasing yourself along with a non-existent being who was reality warped to conform to the laws of the universe and then coming back.

>> You're not quite giving a reason we can't, you know. Also, was it actually shown that the White were erased? Honest question, I don't know the scene.

I already gave a ton of them, frankly speaking. At this point we're just going in circles with this point. A lot of stuff is being assumed here to give her True Godly, which you seem to be very persistent about despite said level of regen being, contrary to what some of you are bringing up against the OP, truly found 95% of the time (if not all the time due to transcending duality) in characters of a waaaaaaaaay higher tier.

TDE of Nocturne where Hitoshura makes all realities go down along with the Amala Network. Lucifer explains in detail how all Realities are gone. Yet all the demons come back right after (or for the next canon installment, if you may). Other is basically when the White are fought and destroyed in the expanse, though they may still come back.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The current definition for True Godly is pretty bad. Nothing about the one sentence description is beyond the capacity of anything on the upper end of Mid-Godly or High-Godly, and following such loose definitions of nonexistence, one could easily do things such as give all SMT gods and demons True-Godly, or do the same for any Warp being in Warhammer 40k.
That said, even by the flawed current definition, giving 239 True-Godly is dubious, at best.
/\ This. So much this.

@Fate

No, she rewrote the laws of physics to allow her to erase a nonexistent being.

"That literally equals giving a character a feat that was never confirmed based on our own assumptions despite inconclusive evidense. "

Literally, what? We need to assume that 239 would randomly decide to only erase herself from existence, even though she was doing it alongside a being who outright doesn't exist.

"Ignoring that she Reality Warped the laws of the universe so the being could be erased from it beforehand. Again. Ignoring that there's nothing confirming she erased herself from both reality and non-existence as well. You erase a thing that doesn't exist, you're erasing it from its medium, non existence. You erase one that exists, it's gone from reality. And again, if she could do said erasure full on from the start, why did she even need to reality warp it? Yeah, no. "

Seriously, what are you talking about with half of this? I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say.

"Regenerating from all of dimensional reality being erased along with you sounds way worse than erasing yourself along with a non-existent being and then coming back."

We can argue about what's more impressive all day. It won't get us anywhere.

"A lot of stuff is being assumed here to give her True Godly, which you seem to be very persistent about despite said level of regen being, contrary to what some of you are bringing up against the OP, truly found 95% of the time (if not all the time due to transcending duality) in characters of a waaaaaaaaay higher tier."

That. Doesn't. Matter. There's nothing saying that True-Godly is restricted to 1-As, just that it's more common for 1-As.

Also I thought you left.

>>> No, she rewrote the laws of physics to allow her to erase a nonexistent being.

That literally equals reality warping the being so it could be erased. Cal just posted above that even her thoughts confirmed she couldn't do it by just erasing it from non-existence yet you just seem to ignore all that in favor of what ammounts to headcanon.

>> Literally, what? We need to assume that 239 would randomly decide to only erase herself from existence, even though she was doing it alongside a being who outright doesn't exist.

No. You guys are going as far as assuming she did something that was never implied when the feat clearly shows her bringing the thing to conform to the laws of the universe/bringing it into existence so she could erase it from it. Again, her very thoughts point to the fact that she couldn't do it from the get go in its natural state. And. There's nothing saying. She can erase something from non-existence nor that she erased herself from said non-existence when she exists. Again, Cal posted this above.

>> Seriously, what are you talking about with half of this? I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say.

If I explained this point 10 times over and you still think this means True-Godly, then I see no point in repeating it for the 11th.

>> We can argue about what's more impressive all day. It won't get us anywhere.

Except that feats have this thing called scale. Being higher in scale does matter. And feats way higher in scale than the one being presented here still don't equal True Godly regen.

>> That. Doesn't. Matter. There's nothing saying that True-Godly is restricted to 1-As, just that it's more common for 1-As.

Sorry, but it does when the scale of her feat fails to compensate her lack of a corresponding tier to give her said regen by default. This is by no means True Godly. Like even Azzy pointed out, other verses out there have feats and even tiers way higher in scale than this and none of them equal True-Godly.

I honestly have no idea where True-Godly is coming from here.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
This was brought up before and concerns were rejected

didnt we already decide that regenerating from existence and nonexistence erasure counted as high godly regen? bc zeed's broken as shit hax.

"That literally equals reality warping the being so it could be erased. Cal just posted above that even her thoughts confirmed she couldn't do it by just erasing it from non-existence yet you just seem to ignore all that in favor of what ammounts to headcanon."

I'm going to be blunt now. So ******* what if it's reality warping? How it went was, at first, she wasn't able to erase it from nonexistence because the laws of the universe didn't allow her to, so she changed them so she could.

"No. You guys are going as far as assuming she did something that was never implied when the feat clearly shows her bringing the thing to conform to the laws of the universe/bringing it into existence so she could erase it. Again, her very thoughts point to the fact that she couldn't do it from the get go. And. There's nothing saying. She can erase something from non-existence."

False. What happened was that she couldn't erase it because one can't erase a nonexistent being, so she altered the laws of the universe to make such a feat possible. Then, she erased it, along with herself. It's like saying an explosion atomizes one guy but only vaporizes the other, it's just not possible.

"If I explained this point 10 times over and you still think this means True-Godly, then I see no point in repeating it for the 11th."

Umm, what? I was just saying I had legitimately no idea what you were trying to say with that paragraph.

"Sorry, but it does when the scale of her feat fails to compensate her lack of a corresponding tier to give her said regen by default. This is by no means True Godly. Like even Azzy pointed out, other verses out there have feats and even tiers way higher in scale than this and none of them equal True-Godly."

Again, why do you keep bringing tiers into this? Regen is in no way restricted by tiers, regardless of its scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back