• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About True-Godly Regen for 239.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, since we apparently are going to be going in circles with this to the end of time if we keep this going, I'm putting my final input here in regards to this: Based on all the points explained and what I already said, I'm utterly against anything higher than Mid-Godly here.

And I see no evidence whatsoever for anything higher than that, which contradicts the very circumstances of the feat.

If this passes as True Godly, other series such as SMT (and Warhammer like Azzy pointed out) get "True Godly" by default to a ton of their characters as well by virtue of having feats way higher in scale than the one presented here which still do not qualify for said level of regen.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The current definition for True Godly is pretty bad. Nothing about the one sentence description is beyond the capacity of anything on the upper end of Mid-Godly or High-Godly, and following such loose definitions of nonexistence, one could easily do things such as give all SMT gods and demons True-Godly, or do the same for any Warp being in Warhammer 40k.
That said, even by the flawed current definition, giving 239 True-Godly is dubious, at best.
How about we change it "Able to regenerate from all levels of existence and non-existence"

Or able to regenerate from 1-A voids?

She never even erased the thing. She turned it into a baby. She made the unmade "made" and didn't do anything else. By healing it. It's literally just a souped up version of using Heal to do damage on an undead in Final Fantasy. And her changing the laws of the universe is a jump too. She broke them, sure, but so does basically everyone on this site. She said "Maybe the problem is with the laws of the universe, then," which is very much a cocky line. Which is further emphasized by the fact that the person she was taking to laughed afterwards. It's not dramatically different from DBE Goku saying "Rule number one: There are no rules," except that this story didn't suck.

The idea of True-Godly Regen is complicated to explain but it isn't well explained in the profile. It has to do with Transduality and whatnot.

@Matt

Would likely be more fitting. In many verses, non-existence itself is merely treated as a different type of existence, and not quite the literal definition we think of it as. Changing it to something like the above or so would better reflect its true purpose.

Yeah. There are verses where if you are erased from existence, you technically still exist but you end up in another realm where you continue to exist.

DC Comics is a good example with Limbo.

Mmm no, she pretty blatantly erased it and then remade it after rewriting the fundamental laws of the universe in order to allow it to exist.

Can you please post a quote where it is said she rewrote them? All it happens is her making a cocky moment about the Laws of the Universe

How much more blatant do you need it to be than "It's against the natural laws of the universe for this thing to ever exist"...?

WeeklyBattles said:
How much more blatant do you need it to be than "It's against the natural laws of the universe for this thing to ever exist"...?
Characters say like this as hyperbolic statements for anything that's eldritch and horrific. 40K Daemons would gain True-Godly now, since they are often described as defying the laws of the universe and what not.

"Something like this shouldn't be possible to exist." is a pretty common statement.

http://wanderers-library.wikidot.com/thearchivistslog

There are things that are older, more dangerous, and more terrible than anything that exists, and those are things that never did exist, and never will exist, and don't exist. But they want to. We call these beings the Neverwere. They drift in the hidden corners of places, always just out of sight

http://www.scp-wiki.net/sisters

"You realize that's never been done before, right?" Alison asked. "The Neverwere can't be truly real. That's their defining factor. It just… breaks the laws of the universe to say otherwise."

http://www.scp-wiki.net/showtime

"Because it's not possible to kill a Way. But you can damage it. You can make it vulnerable. And… there are things that live in Ways. Things that prey on the vulnerable. Some of them are things that never did exist, and never will exist, and don't exist, but desperately, desperately want to."

It's not hyperbole, the entire point of a Neverwere is that it's a nonexistent being

"Against the laws of universe"... So, every single one LDO member will have True-Godly Regen because they rewrite the reality with their own worlds and desires? Lel.

Except that someone like 682 exists in this verse. So it is quite the deal when talking about not being possible to exist in this verse. Furthermore, the one that said that statement knows of 682 true self, as she's part of the Serpent's Hand, an organization that made an entry about Summer's Exile (682) connection to the Brothers. (Though they don't know the brothers themselves, or at least not that I know of since I just recently started getting into the SCP canon).

Just a point here: How does this girl has True-Godly Regen even when the 11-Dimensional All Creating Gods from SCP don't have even a High-Godly Regen? They are leagues above her and literally created all that she has

• Randomize the universe
  • Rewrite physics
  • Users change where the universe around them sits putting them anywhere instantly, similar to teleportation
  • Reverse constants, like falling equals going up or doctor means warrior
of course they can.

Yes, but she didn't rewrote anything (not saying she can't tho), she simply did something considered against the laws of the universe (A.k.a she defied the laws)

Weekly, and how about the Briah's? They are basically new realities rewritting the actual one with desires.

Schreiber literally being faster than anyone can't exist in thd universe, but his Briah just lolnope this.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
The current definition for True Godly is pretty bad. Nothing about the one sentence description is beyond the capacity of anything on the upper end of Mid-Godly or High-Godly, and following such loose definitions of nonexistence, one could easily do things such as give all SMT gods and demons True-Godly, or do the same for any Warp being in Warhammer 40k.

That said, even by the flawed current definition, giving 239 True-Godly is dubious, at best.
Do you have suggestions for improvements? I would appreciate the help.

Matthew Schroeder said:
How about we change it "Able to regenerate from all levels of existence and non-existence"

Or able to regenerate from 1-A voids?
That might work.

My apologies, but I am leaning towards agreeing with FateAlbane, Azathoth, Matthew, and The real cal howard.

We should preferably also modify the True Godly description, to avoid a massive inflation of the ability.

SchroKatze said:
True-Godly is supposed to be restricted to 1-A or High 1-A by the virtue of transcending the duality existence/nonexistence.

Well personally I consider Regenerationn a little differently than VSB does. But yes, there must be Regenerationn from a dimensionless substance for highest level.

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

I suppose that we should modify the True Godly description according to Matthew's suggestions then.

Perhaps something like this:

"True Godly: Able to recover after being erased from both existence and nonexistence. Only characters that can regenerate from a beyond-dimensional (Tier 1-A) substance can qualify for this level."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back