• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sorry if I sound a bit clueless but I just don't understand the entire powerscaling thing in Zelda here.

Majora seemed to have a multi-continent busting feat with the moon drop. Ok cool. But he never fought Link with that level of power so I find it hard to believe that powerscaling works that way. Majora took three entire days to cause the moon to crash onto Earth, implying he needs that much time to cause a feat like that. If a character took 3 days to charge a punch of a certain power, chances are that the character wouldn't be able to do something of that level of power normally. Majora fought Link with normal physical attacks and lasers and not with attacks that took 3 days to charge up. So it's not like Link fought that level of power. If Majora could use that level of power normally, he wouldn't have bothered to charge it for 3 days.

Of course I know some people could just say "But Majora is mischevious. He probably didn't need to charge it. He's just messing with everyone's head." Fair point, but I can't find a single piece of source that implies he's doing so. He even spends all the time next to the moon rather than down bellow causing Link and the others trouble. He seems to be charging it constantly.

If the player lets the moon crash you see Link get overwhelemed by it implying he died. And the "Majora survived the force of his own attack as shown by the game over screen after the moon crashes" doesn't make much sense either seeing as Majora was up in the sky when it happened (you don't see Majora near the clock tower when the moon crashes).

I think I've seen a lot of this stuff on VS battle wiki. A character has a a very powerful attack/method of attack (above their usual power) and so they note it down as their AP and every character can get powerscaled to that if they beat them in a fight (even if they didn't use that attack). It's like if two humans fought and one of them had an explosive but never used it. Would you powerscale the other to wall level or would you think "hmm, he didn't even use the gun so the powerscaling is probably a lot lower.".

Again, sorry if I'm clueless but is there something I'm not getting here?

Back