• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About superhero names.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
Recently I saw a thread about Japanese names and the inconsistency with different profiles having the surname in front and at the back.

This got me thinkimg about something that has been bugging me for quite awhile.

Do we name profiles based on the superhero name (example: Iron Man) or do we name them based on their actual name (example: Luke Cage, Saitama, etc.)? I mean for the most part, people tend to call Iron Man, Tony for most threads. I do understand that we should name the profiles according to relevance, but it wouldn't hurt to be a little more consistent right?

I should also mention that this extends to basically any character with aliases.

We call superheroes by their superhero names because that's what's written in the cover of their books.

Saitama is never called "Onepunch-Man", and "Caped Baldy" is not very mentioned in the book. He is mostly known as Saitama.

Yeah, it might have been a little silly of me to make this thread. Just a little pet peeve of mine. I just saw a few profiles with names that I didn't even know were the characters names. Like 2B from Nier, and That Man from Guilty Gear.

Back