• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nomenclature change for DC Comics profiles.

I mean that's what DC Wiki has been doing since a very long time, so it strikes me a lot how come we haven't been doing it as well. But in all honestly, in my opinion we should keep the original format because even if we simplify which universe those characters are from, there are still multiple versions of those characters from those universes for example look at Superman.
Superman (disambiguation)
Publication history of Superman
While Wikipedia's format of Superman isn't all that accurate, but at least they are being specifically by mentioning that they are talking about Clark Kent/Kal-El version of Superman and not any other versions of Supermen. So I guess we can follow Wikipedia's format instead?

This ain't even our wiki, I don't recall any other profile from PC Superman on our wiki, it's just different keys if he has one

Anyways, help with formatting anyone?

Note: This profile refers to Batman after the 1985 Crisis On Infinite Earths event, from 1985 to 2011, popularly known as Post-Crisis.

This could be either under summary or Origin.

Tier: 9-A. Unknown with Explosives, 4-B with Preparation

Name: Bruce Wayne (public name), Batman (superhero alias)

Origin: DC Comics, Detectives Comics #27 (This profile refers to Batman after the 1985 Crisis On Infinite Earths event, from 1985 to 2011, popularly known as Post-Crisis.)

Classification: Human, Founding Member of the Justice League

Also the first appearence of this Batman takes place on Batman Vol 1 #392, DC #27 is for Pre Crisis.

Well, Butler is the only currently active staff member who is experienced with using one, and he is currently busy with more prioritised tasks, and what I said earlier here still applies.

Please remind us regarding which options you are referring to here.

I am not sure if option one or three is better for characters that did not change at all except for their power levels between continuities.

I am not sure if option one or three is better for characters that did not change at all except for their power levels between continuities.
Makes sense. The third one is okay
I'm fine with the naming change. Calling them by the Prime Earth is probably better anyways since it easier to narrow down eras as well.

For stuff like unchanged character it would be what version if Earth they came from imo. So choice 3.
Number 3 is still the best imo.
I also agree to your third suggestion of naming characters who appear in Earth-One and New Earth after the era they originated from.
Our staff agreed to the third option.

That would be Earth-One for all of them except Power Girl, who would get Earth-Two. I also think we should give them redirects so, for example, searching Hal Jordan (New Earth) would redirect to Hal Jordan (Earth-One).

Honestly, since Hal's profile cover all periods I think it can just be "Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)" and it'd be fine.

Just to clarify, characters who continued to other continuities, such as Power Girl, would still get statistic keys for each era, correct? Their power levels shifted considerably.

Neron popped up in both post-Crisis and post-Rebirth continuity. I don't remember seeing him in post-Flashpoint continuity though.

Neron popped up in both post-Crisis and post-Rebirth continuity. I don't remember seeing him in post-Flashpoint continuity though.
He was in a small arc within Hellblaze/John Constantine Post-Flashpoint run, he just has so few appearances that I saw him as unnecessary, however I have to review his Post-Rebirth stuff as he seems to have gone back to his original concept

Should we start by renaming the tabbers on the DC comics page ?

latest

I actually want to remove this and replace with a DC Comics logo.

Can somebody summarise our conclusions so far here please?

Back