• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About some of Composite Godzilla's abilities...

Here we are back again with the character nobody cares about except when he's getting downgraded.

(Half) Jokes aside, there are a few abilities that need more clarification, and kind of contradict his Powers and Abilities section, and almost never get brought up in Vs. Threads.

After Dead and Soul Based Attacks:

• Resurrection: Godzilla has the ability to return from death after 1 hour.
1) I don't remember this ability. Could someone tell me the source?

2) Is an hour enough to be considered non-combat applicable?

3) Also, the PaA section states that it needs "another body to used, and thus it's not combat applicable" ... What about the opponent's body?

• Soul Removal: Godzilla has the ability to remove souls from living beings and take control of their bodies.
1) The Source for this ability? I assume it's linked to the previous ability, but still.

2) This seems a very potent ability on the surface, but how does this work? Is it combat applicable or not?

• Paranormal Control: Godzilla has the ability to take control over millions of individuals at the same time and use their bodies to regenerate.
I assume this is referring to the feat Godzilla showcased in GiH issue 5, were he let himself get possessed by the hell bats and then preceded to possess them to create himself a new "body" (even if he was already dead by the moment, so he really wouldn't have a body...? Whatever, let's move one). Maybe we should discuss the usability of this ability since it's an asspull to a writing perspective, I know, and it's kind of vague.

• Molecular Rebuild: Godzilla has the ability to rebuild himself after being destroyed at molecular level at will.
About this, what is this referring to? Godzilla being able to withstand attacks from Destoroyah and his Micro-Oxygen Beam? Or him ACTUALLY manipulating/regenerating his own body on a molecular level? Because this REALLY needs a source and an explanation.

Also, a few other nitpicks:

He should have Heat Vision as an ability via being able to shoot laser beams from his eyes.

How can he have MFTL+ Flight speed and not Reactions? I would understand if he was using a Spaceship or something, but he (she in this case) is flying by himself (herself). Plus in the novel, Godzilla seems perfectly aware o what she's doing, even when flying.

Speaking of that novel, Godzilla is still able to briefly survive being torn apart and stretched like an Origami for some time. I guess this would count as limited Resistance to Spatial Manipulation.

WHy does he have Type 3 Large Size? The largest Godzilla has eve been is 300 meters thanks to the new Godzilla Anime Trilogy, which is still Type 2 Large Size.

The fact that the Knowledgeable Members of the verse neer really brings those things up doesn't help. I'd appreciate more input from other members other than just Weekly, who seems to be the only one helping a bit. Not only that, but apparently some people are inactive, including the person who made the "Notable Attacks and Techniques", which makes this even more difficult to handle.

One last suggestion: Why don't we add a "Notes" section in the profile, where we explain why Scaling Godzilla to Marvel Superheroes, the High 4-C calc, and the all Black Hole thing aren't accepted?

And this is why the page is supposed to be locked.

Ressurection is a big no, never happened in an hour, G literally has to fight his way out of hell to ressurect, possess someone, or come back as Burning Godzilla

Soul removal did actually happen but it was literally a baby's soul that he removed

Paranormal Control is a big no, its possession, yes its from the hellbats in GiH5

Molecular rebuild is a big fat no, never happened

Everything else after that i agree

All right, so we can remove Molecular Rebuild and add further information and a more detailed explanation of the other 3 abilities.

Molecular rebuild should count, since several media have Godzilla *eventually* regenerate from the Oxygen Destroyer turning him into virtually nothing. IDW did it (or just tanked it, though the comic tries to say he's dead only for him to return later on). GMK technically did it (he died and the souls of WWII brought him back but there was no body or anything to be found an in the movie they say that it was covered up...something you can't do with a giant corpse around) and Destoroyah does actually have an Oxygen Destroyer attack, it was scrapped from the final film along with Godzilla actually beating him, but it was kept in the manga adaptation. So as a composite he should have molecular rebuild, with at least IDW and manga Heisei used, though you can argue it's only combat applicable to Burning Godzilla since he's the only one shown to heal from this during a fight.

4115047-gz feat durability (10)
So IDW Godzilla seems to have died here and then came back throughout his stories

MngBattle
Here Destoroyah hits Godzilla with Oxygen Destroyer

Oxygen Destroyer only works underwater.

Nothing ever confirmed the Oxygen Destroyer killed Godzilla in the Half Century War scan. "It was all over" can mean a lot of things other than just total disintegration

Says who? Destoroyah was born from it, so naturally it's incorporated into himself. And as for only working underwater, that's wrong. It destroys Oxygen molecules. Not to mention all Earth life has water in it so that point is mute, especially since Micro-Oxygen is virtually the same thing on a smaller scale and it affected objects and living creatures outside of water.

While technically true, it would have to be at the *very least* cellullar destruction since y'know, no one saw a giant carcass in the water.

SuperGodzilla Kaiju King said:
Says who? Destoroyah was born from it, so naturally it's incorporated into himself. And as for only working underwater, that's wrong. It destroys Oxygen molecules. Not to mention all Earth life has water in it so that point is mute, especially since Micro-Oxygen is virtually the same thing on a smaller scale and it affected objects and living creatures outside of water.
While technically true, it would have to be at the *very least* cellullar destruction since y'know, no one saw a giant carcass in the water.
Because other than fish in a body of water, nothing has ever been reduced to bones by Destoroyah's attacks. It's not shown in his own movie, or in any of his appearances in other medias

About the giant carcass, you left out the possibility of Godzilla, you know, simply diving down away when his appearance was obscured by all dem bubbles and smokes. You'd think a bunch of human divers/ submarine would dive down that water seconds after he disappeared to confirm it?

Just putting my own two cents on Destroyah having the abilities of the Oxygen Destroyer, that being that he shouldn't unless he explicitly showed it. Just because one was born of something, doesn't mean it can incorporate it as an ability. (Example the Ing was born from Phazo.

@Ant why exactly?

Well, I had the impression that there was strong disagreement with the proposed changes.

@Ant ah I see. I can assure you that if something goes wrong here, I'll take care of it, so don't worry about this thread.

SomebodyData said:
Just putting my own two cents on Destroyah having the abilities of the Oxygen Destroyer, that being that he shouldn't unless he explicitly showed it. Just because one was born of something, doesn't mean it can incorporate it as an ability. (Example the Ing was born from Phazo.
@Ant why exactly?
Destoryah shoots the Micro-Oxygen beam: Micro-Oxygen is one f the main sybstances that makes up the Oxygen Destroyer, and it can melt flesh extremly quicly, and even most metals.

But yeah, Micro Oxygen =/= The Oxygen Destroyer.

Graf Thorsdottir said:
SuperGodzilla Kaiju King said:
Because other than fish in a body of water, nothing has ever been reduced to bones by Destoroyah's attacks. It's not shown in his own movie, or in any of his appearances in other medias
About the giant carcass, you left out the possibility of Godzilla, you know, simply diving down away when his appearance was obscured by all dem bubbles and smokes. You'd think a bunch of human divers/ submarine would dive down that water seconds after he disappeared to confirm it?
Apologies for the late reply, but it shown Destoroyah can eviscerate something on land as well (like my scan of his OD beam shows as it goes right through Godzilla like nothing) and as for it being in the film, it was supposed to be. However the ending was cut because Godzilla won rather than died like he was supposed to from the beginning http://www.veoh.com/watch/v17866737qWbKGR9H (sorry it got taken down from YouTube.)

And while technically you have a point, it'd be pretty easy to notice him go down underwater, nothing Godzilla does is subtle.

WeeklyBattles said:
Godzilla never regenerated from the oxygen destroyer
Regenerating from Destoroyah's attack is just that, Regenerationn
Yes, yes he did actually. The only times where he without a doubt didn't are the first movie, the Kiryu movies and arguably Godzilla vs Megaguirus. The others who tie to '54 all survived it so either A) Oxygen Destroyer of that magnitude will not kill Godzilla from those versions or B) he healed from it. There is no way around that.

Regenerating from attacks that basically do the same thing as Oxygen Destroyer and arguably ARE Oxygen Destroyer (I think he does it in his fight with IDW Godzilla in Rulers of Earth as well but I'd have to check, but for sure in the novelization of his film he does it.)

I think what he means is that he never regenerated from the full blast, ie, his entire body being encased. To regenerate otherwise wouldn't be as much as a feat.

No, '54 Godzilla was reduced to a skeleton which was later rebuilt into Millennium MechaGodzilla.

Yeah, thats not a molecular rebuild, thats just Regenerationn. Ive read Rulers of Earth and no he doesnt. Ive watched every Godzilla movie and read all but the japanese novels for the most recent Godzilla movies to keep the profiles as accurate as they are.

For the most part yes but i may be behind as i havent checked on them in a few months

Basically i just havent watched the cartoons

A full reworking of the Godzilla verse proved to be a lot more work than i thought it would be :/

WeeklyBattles said:
No, '54 Godzilla was reduced to a skeleton which was later rebuilt into Millennium MechaGodzilla.
Yeah, thats not a molecular rebuild, thats just Regenerationn. Ive read Rulers of Earth and no he doesnt. Ive watched every Godzilla movie and read all but the japanese novels for the most recent Godzilla movies to keep the profiles as accurate as they are.
Actually no, in Gojira he's completely disintegrated. And then he comes back in the majority of the series reboots. The Kiryu one, yes, but not the OG.

Pretty damn good Regenerationn...yet his profiles say mostly low regen. I admit I was wrong about it being in Rulers of Earth, I saw it in a video recreating that scene in stop motion, but the fact of the matter is Destoroyah can shoot Oxygen Destroyer from his chest. I already provided that proof. You say that yet continue to downplay common knowledge like Spacegodzilla having absorbed star energy. It's said in the film, the comics (by authors), the PS4 game along with Save the Earth and I don't even think that sums it all up. Frankly I don't think you've looked at all those sources because some of this stuff is just too blatant to ignore. Accurate is not the word I would use for some of the profiles-town level Showa Ghidorah? Planetary SG? Godzilla exploding being large planetary at best? And what happened to profiles like for Pachinko and Godzilla-kun. They just disappeared and those two have good feats.

WeeklyBattles said:
For the most part yes but i may be behind as i havent checked on them in a few months
Basically i just havent watched the cartoons

A full reworking of the Godzilla verse proved to be a lot more work than i thought it would be :/
I could help you with the cartoons and extra media.

Regenerating from a certain type of damage doesnt give you a different level of Regenerationn, only Regenerationn from certain levels of damage do that. Destoroyah shooting it from his chest doesnt justify a level of regen beyond what Godzilla demonstrated. There is no proof that Spacegodzilla absorbed a star, only a theory that has no real backing as even in the movie the scientists dont even know how Spacegodzilla came to be in the first place. The PS4 game isnt canon, there were two huge threads about that. Ghirodah wiping the surface of a planet isnt quantifiable as it was done over time. Spacegodzilla's best feats come from fighting Heisei II Godzilla who has planet level feats. Godzilla exploding was calced at Large Planet level. Pachinko Godzilla was deleted for being far too obscure, and Godzilla-Kun was deleted because no one had actually watched it and based all of his feats off of the intro sequence which we dont allow here.

If you want to remake Godzilla-Kun's profile feel free to do so but it would be best to have it evaluated before making it.

@Crop It was downgraded because the feat it was high 4-C for was inaccurate, there's no indication it was Gorath as Gorath is never even mentioned in the entire game

The Gorath in Final Wars was far, far weaker than the actual Gorath, its best feat was Island level

WeeklyBattles said:
Regenerating from a certain type of damage doesnt give you a different level of Regenerationn, only Regenerationn from certain levels of damage do that. Destoroyah shooting it from his chest doesnt justify a level of regen beyond what Godzilla demonstrated. There is no proof that Spacegodzilla absorbed a star, only a theory that has no real backing as even in the movie the scientists dont even know how Spacegodzilla came to be in the first place. The PS4 game isnt canon, there were two huge threads about that. Ghirodah wiping the surface of a planet isnt quantifiable as it was done over time. Spacegodzilla's best feats come from fighting Heisei II Godzilla who has planet level feats. Godzilla exploding was calced at Large Planet level. Pachinko Godzilla was deleted for being far too obscure, and Godzilla-Kun was deleted because no one had actually watched it and based all of his feats off of the intro sequence which we dont allow here.
If you want to remake Godzilla-Kun's profile feel free to do so but it would be best to have it evaluated before making it.
That's fair I suppose. Still though Godzilla's Regenerationn tier is too low in my mind. However it does prove he can do it, which people seem to deny and I want to debunk that notion. There is, not for the movie really, but for the comics, games and manga to all say the same thing...to deny him that as a whole is just downplay. Non canon? Who the Hell cares about canon? In a respect thread involving SpaceGodzilla, feats from the comics, movies and games would all be used even though they're all different stories so the logic of 'it's not canon' doesn't fly so well. Maybe not wiping out Venus in a day (even though that should be quantifiable given his travel speed on planets to figure out how much he'd need to destroy in that time but I digress). SpaceGodzilla's best feats involve bullying Heisei II and Moguera (should be stronger than Super MechaGodzilla given the lore that it was supposed to take out G), casually destroying the Earth-moon system in a beam fight with Godzilla, emitting so much energy in the manga multiple solar systems were blinded by light (should take at least star levels of energy for that range) and having the support of IDW authors in absorbing any numbers of exploding stars (you can't really say they're wrong without substantial evidence). Do we forget that said scenario was the low end stated in the movie about what would happen? The melting of the planet was the one that was implied to be worse. Obscure? Care to elaborate? His feat of destroying Gorath stands solid at star level (even just mass scattering the thing would be small star level without any speed adding to it). I've watched it so I could do it if I was allowed to do so-and as it turns out a lot of that intro sequence is in the four OVAs.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Crop It was downgraded because the feat it was high 4-C for was inaccurate, there's no indication it was Gorath as Gorath is never even mentioned in the entire game

The Gorath in Final Wars was far, far weaker than the actual Gorath, its best feat was Island level
The two objects are clearly vastly different in scale. The one from Pachinko was so large it blocked out the Sun while being farther than the moon and was quickly accelerating to Earth. Also it should be noted King Ghidorah (Monster X) wasn't inside it.

Ive seen the video of the feat, never once is it stated to be Gorath. You cant just randomly assume it is just to blow the feat out of proportion.

You can't just say it's not either. The game doesn't spell everything out like "Oh no! It's Gigan!" Even with it not bein said, that object had features like a corona which would require at the minimum 8 times Jupiter's mass on real life planets to even start having one, let alone a full body glow like a true star. So that is still a great feat for Godzilla's normal atomic breath to have easily overpowered such an object, epecially considering it was rushing towards Earth at great speed.

You would need a statement or even an implication that it was Gorath if you want it to be considered Gorath, but there are none, so no, its not.

Except implication for most of that entire...thing comes from the movies. And what so happens to be a gigantic planetoid that Toho made and exists in their movies? Gorath. So either one of two things-Godzilla blew up some random giant planetoid with great mass and speed by its demonstration or he destroyed Gorath. Either way could warrant a star level blast.

No actually, the fireball in the game and Gorath look extremely different. There is no evidence backing it being Gorath other than its a big fireball in space.

Unfortunately you need actual feats backing up a regen upgrade, not just opinions. The damage Godzilla regenerated in that scan is consistent with its Low-Mid level combat applicable Regenerationn. WE care about canon here, especially when the stuff that isnt canon is simultaneously unconfirmed to be accurate in the first plane and heavily contradicted by other sources. Surface wiping over time isnt a quantifiable feat. Yes, Heisei II's best feats are fighting Mothra and Battra and then killing Battra, with both Mothra and Battra being capable of destroying a planet-destroying meteor. Do you have scans of those two feats? I dont know how but ive never seen them. Though no, emitting that much light wouldnt be Star level, it wouldnt even break out of tier 5 considering illuminating the universe is only a solar system level feat. We dont accept WoG for the Godzilla series as it is always done as a result of fans pestering them in order to get statements to wank feats. Yes, we go by the low end as technically it didnt even happen and was just a theoretical occurrence. The melting of the planet was calced at Large Planet level. Gorath wasnt even in the Pachinko game so no, it wouldnt be.

WeeklyBattles said:
No actually, the fireball in the game and Gorath look extremely different. There is no evidence backing it being Gorath other than its a big fireball in space.
Gorath
This looks totally different.....seriously?
I feel that you're ignoring the facts that either way, Gorath or not, this is still a star level destruction feat given that anything needing a corona needs a certain mass to function. Hell this could actually be even better than the calc if it's a planet or a real star.

WeeklyBattles said:
Unfortunately you need actual feats backing up a regen upgrade, not just opinions. The damage Godzilla regenerated in that scan is consistent with its Low-Mid level combat applicable Regenerationn. WE care about canon here, especially when the stuff that isnt canon is simultaneously unconfirmed to be accurate in the first plane and heavily contradicted by other sources. Surface wiping over time isnt a quantifiable feat. Yes, Heisei II's best feats are fighting Mothra and Battra and then killing Battra, with both Mothra and Battra being capable of destroying a planet-destroying meteor. Do you have scans of those two feats? I dont know how but ive never seen them. Though no, emitting that much light wouldnt be Star level, it wouldnt even break out of tier 5 considering illuminating the universe is only a solar system level feat. We dont accept WoG for the Godzilla series as it is always done as a result of fans pestering them in order to get statements to wank feats. Yes, we go by the low end as technically it didnt even happen and was just a theoretical occurrence. The melting of the planet was calced at Large Planet level. Gorath wasnt even in the Pachinko game so no, it wouldnt be.
Yes because regrowing large body parts while in combat is low regen....logical that is not. Well that is stupid-first of all this is Toho's biography for the game, like it or not the creators said SpaceGodzilla absorbed a fixed star (which could either mean a single star or an entire nebula, but that is a very high end) and not only that "heavily contradicted by other sources" no it's not. The media in total says SpaceGodzilla has absorbed stars and was created by a black hole fusing Godzilla cells and crystal creatures. It extends beyond the movie's theory so to claim it's heavily contradicted is just flat out wrong. There is no media he is in that says otherwise. If you believe there is, name one. I listed several, but go ahead and give me something. Perhaps but that isn't even his greatest feat, thanks to Zone Fighter, we know King Ghidorah is the most powerful weapon the Gargoans have by their own statements, and these people have planet busting missiles. And what's more is that he was going to absorb the entire energy of the Sun and thus render it nonexistent. Of course you could just ignore these, which seems to happen a lot here, but Ghidorah strained Zone Fighter much more than the giant meteor he stopped (calced at country level on this very site) so to say he could fight bare minimum country level Zone Fighter but is only town level is rather ridiculous. Actually Godzilla should be a decent amount higher than those two, one because Mothra and Battra showed they could beat on each other with very little damage done and two because when Godzilla actually hit them he three-shot Battra (two blasts and a bite) so it should be planet+ and we should also acknowledge that Godzila did better against SpaceGodzilla than Moguera did...you know, the mech superior to Heisei MG so for all of them to be the same tier is rather odd. You should when the statements are simple like "How many stars did SG absorb?" And the answer is 600. How is that really pestering for wank? It's a question and an answer. Happens with comics all the time. You say that as if they were the same numbers....the meltdown would be large/multi planet by the numbers. Godzilla still busted a star like object moving at vast speeds....sooooo it would.

MR-3160-364334-3
My mistake. The universe was glowing white by manga statement.

Th-3
Godzilla and SpaceGodzilla clashing casually blows up the Earth and moon. Also it's stated both survived this and it's implied this is regular IDW before things get wonky...so I don't know why GiH is separate. Oh and both survived this.

Back