• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About One-Shots

Well, you can message the others as well. I just thought that it would take less time to focus on messaging the most senior members.

@Sera High end 7-B and low end 7-A aren't necessarily the same value, they could just be not remarkably far away from each other....when I said "high end" and "low end", you didn't take it to mean "highest end" and "lowest end" right?

The last thread wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be, save for Sera who was acting very out-of-character for external reasons and we already talked about that.

You can say whatever you want. I don't care. But this isn't the place for that, take it to the RV thread please.

@Andy

I did actually, I misread what you were actually saying. My mistake.

I just leave for an hour and this happens...

Please calm down and move that discussion for another thread, otherwise, we´ll likely have to remake the thread again.

People who think freedom of speech allows them to spew any kind of offensive garbage without consequence don't understand what freedom of speech even means.

It gives you the right to speak, it doesn't exempt you from potential reactions and responses.

Disregarding staff warnings is blatantly breaking the rules, so he failed at that. He's only here to cause trouble so he should be banned.

Actually first, you went out of you way to accuse Ant of being biased in favor of staff simply because he said he agreed with Sera.

Then you brought up the women stuff.

This has nothing to do with opinions. It has to do with the fact that you're derailing threads and causing trouble.

AP stomp IMO is if "AP gap is so big that character A can't do any meaningful damage to character B and possibly breaks their arms trying while character B can just flick character A into jelly."

Idk about that big a gap. It'd be pretty weird for something like a Destiny shotgun to be 10x their regular AP. This is a more context specific thing imo.

Wokistan said:
Idk about that big a gap. It'd be pretty weird for something like a Destiny shotgun to be 10x their regular AP. This is a more context specific thing imo.
That´s just ignore durability.

Shotguns do not ignore durability.

I have literally never heard of a shotgun ignoring durability being a default assumption.

Wokistan said:
I have literally never heard of a shotgun ignoring durability being a default assumption.
Probably because it seems that was never discussed until now.

You can't just claim that that is the default and cite absolutely nothing, bob.

Wow, Bob where did that even come from lol? I can't tell if you're lying or are a fan of some obscure verses.

Wokistan said:
You can't just claim that that is the default and cite absolutely nothing, bob.
For that reason we are discussing if it´s acceptable as the default assumption.

Bob I don't think you're reading my comments properly

I can actually see where bob is coming from...If he's talking about a constant PIS in fiction where character who shouldn't be hurt by normal bullets are injured by them.

People who aren't in the vs community think that bullets ignore durability to some extent.

I had a whole argument with my friend who argued that as long as a character's body is still "human" they would be hurt by bullets.

That has nothing to do with my example though. One weapon type can one shot while a different weapon type takes many more hits to kill. Saying that (regular) Shotguns and Snipers are 10X stronger than regular AP seems ridiculous imo.

@Wokistan

That's pretty verse specific. But their are also exaple in other verses where characters can survive attacks from other characters that are in completely different tiers.

For that reason I go inclined towards to just ignore durability, just like we have Sans at an unknown rating via hax as it´s based in ignoring durability, for example.

I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

It one shots because of the mechanics of the shotgun, not that it magically has durability negation.

It simply pierces past the average target, dealing damage inside it in a way that ignores durability, so it isn´t magic-based, it´s just like how a stab can somewhat ignore durability in a similar way, or are you going to tell me that if I manage to somehow stab a tier 7 the knive will just bounce or something like that?

So should we go with Sera's suggestion?

Also, I deleted some derailing posts.

Sera Loveheart said:
Now, here's my take on this after giving it some more thought. Instead of assigning an arbitrary number to define the gap, be it 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x, or what have you, why not just define it by the upper and lower bounds of the respective tier. For example, Large Town level vs. Large Town level+. That way people have a little more free reign to make matches and not be worried about if one character is 5x stronger than the other in potency specifically, and it makes it easier to simply read a profile and determine if it's a stomp before even making the match. Remember, no profile lists the exact energy value of one's attack potency, just the reasoning, and many calcs aren't even listed on their respective character's pages. So arguing about numbers hurts non-calc based members who aren't aware of the exact value, just the general attack potency.

Back