• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alight, so as most OP fans and even some non OP fans on this Wiki are aware that Law's normal attacks within his room ignore durability, and cause no harm. However, a user doesn't seem to understand how this works with Regenerationn.

Now every source you read about the Ope Ope no Mi states that his standard attacks don't harm whoever it hits. "Through this ability, Law can dismember people from a distance without Harming them." Now most people are aware that this counters and or nullify Regenerationn. Since there is no damage to actually regenerate from. So to avoid future confusion like this i suggest we add Regenerationn negation to his profile.

Not Jim Sterling said:
What I say is I agree it can null regen that need to take damage to active, but it wont null regen that can be use at will.
Like an a type 9 immortal, since they will just create new parts for their avatar? Or Low-Godly, since most of them can recreate their bodies?

Not Jim Sterling said:
lul its part of his regen.
You don't get it. If Law cuts of his hand with his special abilty than He can't regenerate it because in realty his hand is still "attached" to his body.

@Not Jim - I doubt you even know what you're saying right now.

Law's attacks ignore regen in two ways: 1) Some of his attacks use spacial manipulation, capable of severing his opponents body without dealing actual damage, and 2) attacks like Injection Shot and Gamma Knife ignore durability and deal damage.

If he can create more body parts than that is not regen, but rather biological manipulation or similar abilty.

Also I say i agree he can null regen that need to take damage to active, not for someone who can use regen/grow something without need to take damage.

Like what prevent these people to just create back their arm? because their arm take no damage? how hard can it be to just make half of their arm into an full arm? yes their other half is still there and attached to their new full arm, so what?

Literally everyone explained this to you. If there's nothing to regenerate from then you can't regenerate, unless it's low, mid or high Godly.

How hard can it be to just make half of their arm into an full arm? yes their other half is still there and attached to their new full arm, so what?

Knight, and what about Sand Man, that can just use sand to CREATE new body parts?

Not Jim is trying to say this. There are types of regen that don't rely on literal Regenerationn.

The arm is still connected to the body. You can't regen it. Making new body parts isn't even regen, unless it's formed from an injury, in this case--it isn't.

SchroKatze said:
Knight, and what about Sand Man, that can just use sand to CREATE new body parts?

Not Jim is trying to say this. There are types of regen that don't rely on literal Regenerationn.

That seems more like reformation imo but i understand what your point is.

I say that because some of this Making new body parts is still part of their regen, like for example they cant create new head if they cant regenerate their head.

But whatever since discussing this stuff is actually wasting my time as I need to study instead of talking about fictional stuff..so law ability won't work on ppl who can molded their body part, other than that he pass.

@Jim We count Regenerationn only as high-speed recovery from an injury.

The fact Aca-boy can create additional body parts doesn't count as Regenerationn. Yes it is a similar abilty, but not the same as he can create those body parts whether they were destroyed or not, while only if you regenerate something after it was destroyed is counted as actual Regenerationn by definition.

That is just an abilty that's similar to regen nothing more and of course it can't be nullified by Law's abilty.

This isn't really Regenerationn negation it's just an aspect of his power that allows him to take things apart without dealing "damage". In addition, the victims of the Ope Ope no Mi can still feel and move limbs that have been separated from them.

^We know that(most of us), but maybe adding a little note that Regenerationn doesn't help against this abilty wouldn't hurt so there wouldn't be any more discussions of this type again.

@Blanked

But it wouldn't be Regenerationn negation, it would just be the nature of the ability.

Regenerationn Negation is something like Gae Daerg inflicting wounds that can never be recovered from, not like the above.

Posting a power that isn't accurate is misleading.

Better explanations are needed for One Piece powers in general, since the vast majority of them (99.9%) are ripped off the One Piece wiki.

I didn't mean Regenerationn negation, but a note that explains it correctly to why you can't regenerate damage done by it.

That said, i guess it's kinda the same anyway. Also, pretty much all shounens are just ripped off from the wiki... I am gonna change for FT and gonna add some quotes for certain characters that don't have one yet and similar, but i don't know anyone who can do it for One Piece as @Cin doesn't have time for it.

Anyway, since the question was answered you might as well close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back