• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
multiply the frequency of the radiation in Hertz with Planck's constant and you'll get Energy in Joule
too bad the frequency is not known right?
The way you ask that, I wonder if you're implying there are ways to know. Are there?
Is calculating its electric size, or that it leaves victims smoking & burning viable?

What if we tried basing it off of real life Gamma Knife equipment?

Although, I do wonder: Didn't Doflamingo replace his Gamma Knife-damaged heart parts with new "tissue" made from string?
Ergo, he removed & replaced his irradiated body part. It is possible that the radiation could still have emitted to him, but then:
1. Why weren't Law or Luffy or others irradiated?
2. Radiation effects can take 1 or more days to show. If the effects are absent for this long, it's hard to verify what there should be within the constraints of OP's timeframes & what the readers/audience are shown.
3. Wouldn't it be counterproductive to a blade & precision implement's function to gradually emit away its energy-based form into the aether? In theory, it shouldn't irradiate anywhere but where it penetrates. Although this is a bit speculative.

Ostensibly the answer is Resistance, but again, radiation having delayed effect may be troubling for this.
Not to say that it doesn't display properties of actual radiation with a good basis to believe that it is.

I don't think we can know the potency, we just know it's an electric radio wave and that it fatally damages you

Maybe if you calculate it's electric size?

I actually tried figuring this out before making the crt and from the short rough research I’ve done a gamma knife has around 200 cobalt 60 isotopes, the lowest value I’ve seen was 190 so I went with that and each cobalt 60 isotope is 30 curies so I multiplied that and got 5700 curie which is how much a gamma knife has. As for how lethal that is I struggled finding that but I was able to find a site, not sure how legitimate but was able to find out 4 curie = 1sv so divided that by 5700 and thats 1,425sv which when writing this I realized is completely wrong as that would be emitting nearly 5x the amount of radiation than Chernobyl.

Bump (My math may be wrong but looking into it more a gamma knife actually does have a shit ton of radiation.)

According to this it depends on the size of the gamma knife. A gamma knife about 2cm has 25 grays of radiation but iirc the one Law made was significantly bigger than 2cm

Eyeballing it seems to be around the same size or maybe even bigger than his forearm.

So, what are the conclusions, while we're waiting for staff approval?
Do we have an assessment of the potency to list for the Resistance to be added?

Idk why I was asked to come to this thread, considering I'm not really a One Piece fan...

But does the knife have any radiation feats? Or is just something that's expected to be dangerous due to its gamma ray emissions?

If it's the latter then this would still obviously be a resistance but it'd be very minor. Gamma rays are very penetrating and ionizing but without an actual number to go off you can't assume much. Like in OPM we have things being compared to Gamma Ray Burst or radiation alone just straight up killing people in moments which makes it scalable.

Is there anything like that here?

Nah this isn't quantifiable. Basically it just scales above whatever value irl gamma knifes which isn't really impressive so this seems like for the sole point of indexing.

What? Gamma knives aren't even like, actual knives, though. They're just beams of radiation produced by a technology thing. Size doesn't even have much relevance when talking about radiation anyways.

Also, those 25 grays are hyper focused on hitting tumors specifically, they're very precise doses... Even a little bit of gamma exposure can create cancer cells.

Wait but it seems size decreases the amount of grays if you look at that list. Probably because it's more concentrated when the area is smaller.
Man I ain't even gonna know like I know jack shit about this tbh. 💀 but yeah so I'd assume baseline or something for this?

But does the knife have any radiation feats? Or is just something that's expected to be dangerous due to its gamma ray emissions?
It's stated to fatally damage you even if you use strong haki to try and protect yourself... That's all we know about how strong it is (also that law has another technique that's much powerful than the gamma knife technique)

Mods are the ones who accept threads, anyone can make the changes if the profile page is open btw

Back