• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Law should have radiation manipulation resistance since’s he’s able to hold his gamma knife, this would also apply to anyone who has been hit by it which would be doflamigo and kaido who already has it. (Idk if I needed scan just put it there just in case, this is my first crt)

IIRC, we don't give abilities for names alone.
Forgive my asking, please, but what's the evidence Gamma Knife involves Radiation Manipulation?

Are you serious.
Yes.
I am sorry to bother anyone here.
I do genuinely like One Piece.

But names in fiction are not always accurately representative of what they identify.
I've checked his P&A listing on the OP Wiki & his techniques section on the profile.

Neither contain scans indicating how there's Radiation Manipulation involved.
I, personally, feel I could readily believe they have Radiation Manipulation, but I do feel that it's not about what I, personally, could believe is true, it's about having more info to verify that the ability is actually involved beyond just the names. So that the info is verifiable & unambiguous?
Are there any scans of the manga or such for example, that give clear indication of Radiation Manipulation?

Again, sorry if I've bothered anyone.

Yes.

But names in fiction are not always accurately representative of what they identify.
I've checked his P&A listing on the OP Wiki & his techniques section on the profile.

Neither contain scans indicating how there's Radiation Manipulation involved.
I, personally, feel I could readily believe they have Radiation Manipulation, but I do feel that it's not about what I, personally, could believe is true, it's about having more info to verify that the ability is actually involved beyond just the names. So that the info is verifiable & unambiguous?
Are there any scans of the manga or such for example, that give clear indication of Radiation Manipulation?

Again, sorry if I've bothered anyone.
The name is important though, it's literally named off a real life thing that heavily involves radiation, not to mention it bypasses durability and literally looks like it.

The name is important though, it's literally named off a real life thing that heavily involves radiation, not to mention it bypasses durability and literally looks like it.
Looks similar how? IIRC, gamma radiation & radio waves are invisible to the naked eye. No offense meant, but I'm unfamiliar with how gamma rays & radio waves are accurately depicted.
& in theory, heat or electricity as well as other forms of energy manipulation can also bypass durability, just like radiation. In theory, sound waves could bypass durability as well.

Looks similar how? IIRC, gamma radiation & radio waves are invisible to the naked eye. No offense meant, but I'm unfamiliar with how gamma rays & radio waves are accurately depicted.
& in theory, heat or electricity as well as other forms of energy manipulation can also bypass durability, just like radiation. In theory, sound waves could bypass durability as well.
Radiation Manipulation with Gamma Knife and Radio Knife
It's already accepted on his profile...

Has nothing to do with the current crt so it can be discussed somewhere else

Yes.
Also kinda sus you had to clarify that but 🤷‍♂️

It's already accepted on his profile...

Has nothing to do with the current crt so it can be discussed somewhere else
This CRT is for the addition of Resistance to Radiation Manipulation based on the abilities in question.
I'd say it does have to do with the current CRT.
& said ability on the profile has no scans nor justifications on how it's Radiation Manipulation.

Also kinda sus you had to clarify that but 🤷‍♂️
I like One Piece -I keep up with it semi-regularly & slowly. Currently near the end of the Whole Cake Island arc in the anime-, but I don't regularly participate in its VSBW stuff.
So me, who doesn't often participate in the OP VSBW community, coming into a thread & presenting concerns contrary to the current consensus in the thread.... I hope you can forgive me for fearing a negative reaction. I also became a bit more worried after my initial post was responded to with "Are you serious.".

I clarified that I meant no offense because the initial response & I don't want to bother anyone because I feel that I understand the position I'm taking could be controversial.

That said, I'd say that I'm primarily advocating for scans &/or statements better clarifying the Radiation Manipulation based nature of the ability, especially if we're to use it as a justification on multiple profiles.

I also became a bit more worried after my initial post was responded to with "Are you serious."
I'd never be mad at you for it it's just that it seemed like such a weird and useless question that I had to reply with that.
Which sounds worse when I type it out. But what ever.

I like One Piece -I keep up with it semi-regularly & slowly. Currently near the end of the Whole Cake Island arc in the anime-, but I don't regularly participate in its VSBW stuff.
So me, who doesn't often participate in the OP VSBW community, coming into a thread & presenting concerns contrary to the current consensus in the thread.... I hope you can forgive me for fearing a negative reaction. I also became a bit more worried after my initial post was responded to with "Are you serious.".

I clarified that I meant no offense because the initial response & I don't want to bother anyone because I feel that I understand the position I'm taking could be controversial.
Yee but still you didn't need to clarify that tho, but ok 👍
This CRT is for the addition of Resistance to Radiation Manipulation based on the abilities in question.
I'd say it does have to do with the current CRT.
& said ability on the profile has no scans nor justifications on how it's Radiation Manipulation.
the proposal has nothing to do with how the ability fuctions, it's only adding a resistance to something that's already listed on it's profile

If you want to remove that ability on it not being radiation, you have to make a separate crt or ask it somewhere else
That said, I'd say that I'm primarily advocating for scans &/or statements better clarifying the Radiation Manipulation based nature of the ability, especially if we're to use it as a justification on multiple profiles.
Yee but not for this thread

I'd never be mad at you for it it's just that it seemed like such a weird and useless question that I had to reply with that.
Which sounds worse when I type it out. But what ever.
I appreciate the reassurance. I don't think I know you well, so that may've influenced my thought process in assessing how we might interact.
the proposal has nothing to do with how the ability fuctions, it's only adding a resistance to something that's already listed on it's profile
The whole basis for the Resistance is the Ability's function!
There would be no Radiation Manipulation to Resist if this ability wasn't Radiation Manip, but currently, it doesn't have an explanation why it is that on the profile.

These seem like very closely related things, & as the title says, this is a Minor Addition; Would it be that unreasonable to tackle that related topic here instead of a new thread?
If you want to remove that ability on it not being radiation, you have to make a separate crt or ask it somewhere else
My stance is not that it's not radiation, it's that it should have scans &/or a justification clarifying that it is or explaining those aspects of it!
At worst, I'd say it's unknown/ambiguous if it is, with supporting evidence.

Excerpt from Law's P&A:

Radiation Manipulation with Gamma Knife and Radio Knife, Power Bestowal (Can give eternal life to another person, but only at the cost of his own life)

Literally unjustified.

• Radio Knife (ラジオナイフ, Rajio Naifu): An advanced version of Amputate. The user charges his sword with electricity in a manner similar to Counter Shock and then cuts off his enemy quickly, which results in the target being separated into several linear pieces while also being electrocuted. The cut itself, as occurs regularly with the fruit's abilities, is not harmful; however, if it differs from normal by preventing the target from being able to retake the split parts of his body, becoming a counterattack to abilities able to bypass the regular amputation techniques of Ope Ope no Mi.

• Gamma Knife (ガンマナイフ, Ganma Naifu): Law creates a blade of energy to attack his enemies. This technique is capable of inflicting internal damage without causing external wounds. This was also Law's ultimate technique and strategy against Doflamingo. This attack can kill a person when hit within some time. Unless a person can internally heal himself.

Likewise, Radio Knife & Gamma Knife's explanations make no mention of it being radio waves or radiation or gamma radiation. To the credit of Gamma Knife's section, Radiation is energy, but if this ability was already accepted, it seems underwhelmingly underdetailed, IMHO.

I think that the lack of detailing on this matter on the profile for the pertinent abilities seems disconcertingly below the admirably high standards One Piece's profiles are appreciable for.

Pardon my verbosity, please.

Not sure why Imaginym is getting flak for asking that question.

It's a reasonable question, he's asking based on the nominal fallacy.
Literally all that needs to be done is to prove that it does what the name is stated to be, it's not that serious.

Like, sure it's kind of an obvious question, but it's quite telling that nobody has come forth with a straight answer to his question.

I also think it's relevant to the CRT, so it shouldn't be disregarded.

We literally have given a straight answer. And like MOL said, that's an entirely different topic, as the ability is already on his profile so arguing about it on a thread that isn't trying to get the ability removed is pointless.

We literally have given a straight answer.
No you haven't. He asked for a justification and nobody's given him one??
And like MOL said, that's an entirely different topic, as the ability is already on his profile so arguing about it on a thread that isn't trying to get the ability removed is pointless.
No it isn't. It's completely within topic. There's no point of making a separate thread talking about a similar topic when it can be done in this thread.

Plus, he's not trying to get anything removed, he's just asking for a justification?? Like I said, the fact that nobody has come out with a proper justification and you're assumption is that he's trying to get it removed is VERY telling that there's no actual justification.

.... This is still derail but the vivrecard states this which I think is radiation?
↑ It damages the internal organs directly with an electric scalpel, without making external wounds. Even if he protects himself with his strong high energy, he can inflict a fatal wound.
Can also be translated to

↑Doing direct damage to the internal organs with an electromagnetic scalpel, without creating any external wounds. Even if he protects himself with strong high energy, he can inflict a fatal wound.
↑Doing direct damage to the internal organs with an electrocautery scalpel, without creating any external wounds. Even if he protects himself with strong high energy, he can inflict a fatal wound.

We literally have given a straight answer. And like MOL said, that's an entirely different topic, as the ability is already on his profile so arguing about it on a thread that isn't trying to get the ability removed is pointless.
For clarity's sake -Some appreciate summary of topics they enter a thread to consider-, I presume you mean this?:

Personally, I would prefer a statement or scans from the series.
.... This is still derail but the vivrecard states this which I think is radiation
↑ It damages the internal organs directly with an electric scalpel, without making external wounds. Even if he protects himself with his strong high energy, he can inflict a fatal wound.
I'm not sure I follow.
An electric scalpel is radiation?

For clarity's sake -Some appreciate summary of topics they enter a thread to consider-, I presume you mean this?:

Personally, I would prefer a statement or scans from the series.

I'm not sure I follow.
An electric scalpel is radiation?
Honestly I really don't care to do all that right now. I want to go to sleep.
If you really want to debate that you can make a CRT on it and go nuts there.

It's stated also to be waves
内部から″波動„を生む″K・ROOM„

″ROOM„の円内で能力を発動するこれまでの戦い方に対し、″麻酔„で貫通した相手の内部から強大な″波動„を生み出し衝撃を与える″K・ROOM„。ビッグ・マムほどの巨体でも一撃で全身に及ぶ効果範囲の広さと、内臓を直接攻撃する″ガンマナイフ„を遥かに上回る威力を見せた。
—————————
K-ROOM" generates "wave motion" from the inside

In contrast to the conventional fighting style in which abilities are activated within the circle of the "ROOM", the "K-ROOM" creates powerful "waves" from inside the opponent penetrated by the "anesthesia" and gives impact. The range of effect is wide, reaching the entire body with a single blow, even for a giant like Big Mamu, and it is far more powerful than the "Gamma Knife," which directly attacks the internal organs.
The ability to manipulate the emission or transmission of energy in the form of waves or particles through space or through a material medium.

From what I've seen from Google electric scalpel is a type of radio wave
The electroscalpel uses high-frequency electrical energy for its operation
High frequency (HF) is the ITU designation for the range of radio frequency electromagnetic waves (radio waves) between 3 and 30 megahertz (MHz). It is also known as the decameter band or decameter wave as its wavelengths range from one to ten decameters (ten to one hundred meters).

Ah, that's good. Presuming the statement is official (IDK the source.), it seems somewhat indicative.

Part of me had been somewhat concerned because of a certain other anime series with a number of "Wave" techniques.
The Kamehameha attack is written as かめはめ波 in Japanese; while the "Kamehame" part is in katakana (かめはめ), the last "Ha" is kanji (波), which translates to "Wave".
In Japanese, it means “Turtle Destruction Wave”. Some people have translates it to “Turtle Shock Wave".

Thankfully, checking the Japanese text in the post, Law's kind does seem to use a more specific Kanji that does seem to mean the physics type of waves.

It's unclear if it's Gamma Waves -As the name Gamma Knife indicates-, since it doesn't seem like it burns them nor leaves them with radiation poisoning -Albeit, that takes 1 or 2 days to set in- so perhaps it's a One Piece original kind that impacts the foe from inside out, as the description states?? Or perhaps it's not a high dose?

I'm a bit curious about the nature & capabilities of it if it is indeed radiation, & to be a resistance, since then the potency ought to be measured, & so far, my first resource on understanding radiation measurement has not left me with a confident understanding so far, I'm ashamed to say.
Whether it's an ability used or resistance, knowing the potency is valuable, no?

This is fine.

Electromagnetism naturally generates Electromagnetic Radiation, so when the statement is made he's making a scalpel made of this, he's innately making a scalpel made of radiation. This, alongside the fact that Law's entire Devil Fruit is centered around surgery themed abilities and attacks. It makes sense that he'd have an attack that utilizes radiation given the prominence of radiational technology used in surgeries, such as X-Ray's.

Whether it's an ability used or resistance, knowing the potency is valuable, no?
I don't think we can know the potency, we just know it's an electric radio wave and that it fatally damages you

Maybe if you calculate it's electric size?

multiply the frequency of the radiation in Hertz with Planck's constant and you'll get Energy in Joule
too bad the frequency is not known right?

Back