• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Kenshiro's Abilities

I think there are some abilities that Kenshiro and other Hokuto fighters should have on they profile. Here are they

Fear Manipulation : Kasumi Kenshiro terrified a confident fighter to the point that he could not even move anymore

Kenshiro also did the same with Raoh And Raoh never feared anyone

Also just Raoh's mere presence made Lynn tremble in Fear

Ken also was able to scare Kaioh's ki back to his body and made him so weak that a single stone brought him dow

this is only a few of many other examples.

Reactive Power Level : Kasumi Kenshiro says that Hokuto fighters are able to adapt to the opponent's fighting style

Lynn said that the same technique doesn't work twice on Ke

And Kenshiro himself said basically the same thing

Lynn also said this

And here is some examples of it

In Kenshiro's first fight against Kaioh he could not defend himself against the Anryu Tenha

But the second time that the Anryu Tenha was used on him he was not only able to counter the attack but also capable of understanding the nature of the same

Another example is in his last fight against Kaioh

His body becomes immune to pressure points

Also Shachi a Hokuto Ryuken fighter can adapt to people with faster speed, as we've seen in his fight against Han

First Shachi states he cannot see Han's fist but later watching Han fight with Ken he was able not only to see their fists but keep up with their movement.

this holds for Kenshiro too since he knows Hokuto Ryuken

Restricted flight : In Kenshiro first fight against Raoh they both fly and fight for a couple of time before get dow and he also can levitate using Souther's Tenshō Jüji Hō.

Resistance to Hypnosis : Ken resists to a guy trying to hypnotize him

And Hokuto practitioners can harm Spirits :

In Souten no Ke Kasumi Kenshiro was shown being capable of punch and damage this wolf

who is revealed to be the manifestation of Yahma's soul.

Yahma was A female Seito Gekken practitioner dead 2000 years ago.

Ken and other Hokuto fighters should also have Statistics Reduction :

Kenshiro could make a opponent weaker and he also was able to reduce Kiba Daioh's durability

So I think these abilities should be added to Kenshiro's profile.

I'm iffy on the fear manipulation. I tried to argue for it awhile back, using Kenshiro and his uncles feats against Raoh and Liu Zongwu respectively, where they used Muso Tensei to scare a fighter into backing down. But if his fighting spirit (toki) has consistently scared opponents, then I agree.

Also iffy on the reactive evolution, as the Kasumi quote is more of a power mimicry feat, but there was hat quote from Lin about how Ken gets stronger according to his opponent... Idk, I need to think on it some more. Also, he immunity to Hokuto arts came from Kenshiro interacting with the Hokuto Soke stone and the Hokuto goddess statue, not from his own power (but he should have "immunity to Hokuto pressure points" on his profile)

I'm cool with semi-flight. Numerous character in the verse have used their ki to float/glide/etc.

Cool on the hypnosis thing too, though, iirc, didn't the guy use it on a group of people as well?

Can't believe I forgot the Yahma thing. Agree. (Also, didn't Kasumi and Liu prove to be able to touch the Taoist, who was revealed to be a sort of semi-omniscient ghost?)

For the Fear manipulation many characters in Hokuto no Ken where able to scare people with their auras Raoh and Kaioh are a great example

For Reactive evolution. well Saint Seiya have Reactive evolution on their profile because they "Can counter or nullify any technique after seeing it being used once" and Kenshiro can do the same thing and Shachi could cleary adapt to Han speed.

Also Ken and other Hokuto fighters should have Statistics Reduction

Kenshiro could make a opponent weaker and he also was able to reduce Kiba Daioh's durability

also while fighting with Glen he was able to reduce his strength to the 1/100 of what he originally had, Kenshiro also Cripples Goum speed to 1/100th of a normal man's. but that was anime only

Thanks for replying.

"For the Fear manipulation many characters in Hokuto no Ken where able to scare people with their auras Raoh and Kaioh are a great example"

Not fear manipulation.

Kasumi Kenshiro's thing seems Fear Manipulation-y.

I agree with PTSO about the Reactive Evolution thing and I don't necessarily think the Saint Seiya thing should be Reactive Evolution as much as Power Nullification..? And even if it was, countering a martial technique is different from countering special supernatural moves

but most of the Saint Seiya characters have Reactive Evolution on their profile for example Cancer Deathmask and Shachi becomes faster after the fight with Han

I know that. Please defer to my previous post.

If it's him adapting it's Reactive Power Level

I can see reactive power level being the better fit, as Kenshiro has been stated to get stronger according to his opponent.

I think they should at least get fear manipulation with Muso Tensei and the God of War aura, as they were Kenshiro used it to scare Raoh enough to make him lose control over his ki, and Kaioh's ki was frightened back into his body, which nearly caused him to explode.

Agree with the stat reduction, thing, it really should've been on his page, as Hokuto Shinken can cause: blindness, muteness, paralysis, loss of motor functions, loss of breath, loss of strength, etc

I wouldn't call that "Fear Manipulation" but more like Fear Inducement via Fighting Instinct for Ken.

I'm not really sure about the restricted flight part.

"His body becomes immune to pressure points"

Ken should have immunity to specific types of pressure point-based techniques, not immunity to all types of pressure point based-techniques in general.

"Ken and other Hokuto fighters should also have Statistics Reduction :

Kenshiro could make a opponent weaker and he also was able to reduce Kiba Daioh's durability"

It's specificially Strength Reduction and should be directly linked to Statistics Reduction.

Well im ok with Fear Inducement

as for the Flight many characters in the series has been able to fly for a limited amount of time and Souther could levitate using Tensho Juji Ho a technique that Kenshiro can use

i agree that Kenshiro should havem imunity to Hokuto pressure point techniques

and i realy think that they have Reactive Power level note that Lynn says that Kenshiro gets stronger according to his opponent and Shachi can become fast as he's opponent, so that has nothing to do with Power Mimicry since he dind't copy anything he just improves his abilities

but aside from that, you agree with the others ?

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with Ken havin fight, is just that it wouldn't be restricted and it's very likely that he flies for a long time while doing so which will actually give him True Flight rather than Restricted.

Okay then.

Wait....nvm, I was probably thinking of somethung else similar. I guess you're right about that for now.

Yea.

Yeah i think they could have True flight too but in another thread seems like that Restricted flight was more acceptable

but anyway thanks for contributing

Antonio Solanich said:
Yeah i think they could have True flight too but in another thread seems like that Restricted flight was more acceptable

but anyway thanks for contributing
Unless Ken was somehow shown to be struggling while flying in the air and has a time limit, otherwise, it will still be True Flight regardless.

Fear Manipulation: Professor Kasumi's thing against Jin Kerong is pretty much considering as fear manip, so it's fine.

Reactive Power Level: Yes, it's true. Throughout the series, Ken has demonstrated his immune to opponents' techniques that harmed him once (It's about specific techniques that managed to hurt Ken). And Ken can learn martial arts of his former opponents, but not at their level.

Restricted flight: I'm not sure that they are flying. Most likely, they just have jumped very high.

Ressistance to Hypnosis: This Jakoh's minion hasn't showed his hypnosis abilities, so this is invalid.

Soul Manipulation: I dunno about this, since I haven't read these Souten no Ken chapters yet.

Statistics Reduction: Yes, it's true. He also slowed one of Amiba's minions with superhuman speed.

Many characters in the series has been able to fly for a limited amount of time and Souther could levitate using Tensho Juji Ho a technique that Kenshiro can use and in the anime or in the movie is shown more clearly that they Fly for a while

As for the Hypnosis, Ein says that would not work on Ken, implying that he likely use on others and in the anime he Ressists against Zaria's Nanto Anshō Ke

Also, the Jobba the Hutt expys reaction to Kenshiro no selling his hypnosis attempt implies that his technique usually works on people, and that Kenshiro is an exception. He was clearly surprised when Kenshior resisted, and we know this guy has been running around the wasteland for awhile in Ken's absence.

Though, Kenshiro adapting and countering to his opponents techniques is more of skill feat, but there are times where he does manage to match his opponents power after initially being at a disadvantage

Btw, did you change your name?

Should it be concluded now? This thread was created a month ago, and several members agreed with the most of additions.

Back