• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they both should have this: Their attacks ignore conventional durability BY destroying space-time

Limited resistance to space-time manipulation -survived space getting destroyed and instead of being obliterated, they were transported back to earth instead

https://youtu.be/Rh43SxhBFBE

I do not think that it was treated as durability negation. Sorry.

but isnt tearing holes in space time counted as dn? they never hit each other with ki blasts while in the other dimension tho.

this it what is says in goku black's profile "can ignore durability by cutting through space-time" shoudnt this be the same for the gogeta's feats?

Durability negation must be explicitly displayed. We cannot use "it makes sense, because in other verses it might have worked like this" guesswork if this is not the case.

then why does goku black have durability negation in the first place? I dont remember him hitting anyone with it

Well, you can ask a few staff members listed in the Dragon Ball verse page to comment here if you wish.

I think we should rather remove it from Black's profile, given all he did was cut space, and given he already was above Goku and Vegeta on that match, we don't know if he actually negated dura.

im not saying the ki blasts itself ignore durability its the effect it does on space time that would do so

it says in this wiki itself "conventional durability does not matter, because the matter is secondary in relation to space and time" so cutting / tearing space-time = ignores durability

They never demonstrated this, so it is speculation if the setting works that way.

Doesnt the Destructo Disk ignore durability?

Edit: It almost killed Nappa, and Frieza on multiple occassions. We also see Vegeta warn Nappa about it― otherwise he'd be sliced in half hadn't he warned him.. It could have sliced through Vegeta's tail despite him being stronger. Too bad it didn't happen because Vegeta dodged it.

Also Goku cut Super buu in half with it. I think Limited Durability Negation with destructo disk is fine but probably need more input

We aren't talking about the Kienzan AT ALL, but of Black's weird pink scythe he used against Goku and Vegeta.

Darkfire890 said:
Also Goku cut Super buu in half with it. I think Limited Durability Negation with destructo disk is fine but probably need more input
I agree, we should get more input theough

Ok, this thread has totally went besides the point. We're talking about giving Gogeta and Broly dura neg based on the fact they tear holes in space-time, which is the justification Black has it, and we're trying to decide if we should add the ability to them or delete Black's. The Kienzan has nothing to do with anything on this thread.

they should atleast have resistance to space manipulation due to getting in and out of the dimension without shattering into a million pieces

I mean I guess cuz they weren't affected by the space being changed around them? but cutting through space doesn't really justify durability nagetion IMO but I don't really know on this.

I mean granted if there are other character's that have that for cutting space and these dudes are literally PUNCHING space then yes I agree.

Ionliosite said:
Antvasima said:
Durability negation must be explicitly displayed. We cannot use "it makes sense, because in other verses it might have worked like this" guesswork if this is not the case.
Read this.
But we aren't talking about other verses we are talking about Goku Black

So then I guess the question we need to ask is:

"Does cutting Space-Time = Dura Negation automatically?"

Based on our definition of Dura Negation anyone who can manipulate Space Time has Dura Negging.

Space-Time Manipulation - Characters who have the ability to manipulate space and time, can easily bypass physical durability of objects. Conventional durability does not matter, because the matter is secondary in relation to space and time. For example, it's as easy to distort a material object by distorting a portion of the space in which it is located. Or even send the object (or part of it) back or forward in time. The effect on the object will be the same, whether it's a sheet of titanium or a piece of cardboard).

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Ok but Gogeta and Broly don't have any space-time manipulating offensive abilities. So again no durability to negate.
Based on Gogeta's profile:

Space-Time Manipulation (Transported himself and Broly into another dimension and shattered multiple of them until they transported themselves back to Earth)

^ This was all done by Ki Blast and Punching

Gogeta Vs Broly Dimension Shatter
6728265-1915487991-400

How is this not Offensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back