• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why are jojo stands FTL when there at times where their stands could barely reach the bullet. Why arent we taking polnareffs feat against hanged man as an outlier?

In the Calculations part of the verse page you will find 2 blogs talking about why this isn't an outlier.

The Stands in the Parts 7 & 8 are yet to be downgraded tho.

The AP of those Stands needs to be downgraded too.

The reasons used for those Stands to scale (Alt. universe, look similar, etc.) is easily seen as wrong in other verses. JoJo is...special.

I've always been kind of iffy on part 7 being 8-C. Like, looking at Oyecomova or any of the weaker characters that have been able to heavily damage people like Gyro.

How would this effect Jorge Joestar Kars and Dio, as their 8-C stands are that for similar reasons as the Part 7 cast. Especially since JORGE JOESTAR seems to take place in an alternative multiverse (As in it couldn't even happen in with JoJo's multiverse theory)

But isn't that just a different method of the normal universe playing out, rather than one with functionally seperate characters?

Also arent they like either 10-A or 6-C?

With Kars, it's more debatable because the majority of the characters he got his Stands from are identical in every way to the originals.

That can't really be said about the SBR counterparts.

True. But THE WORLD and The World seem to be, essensially, the exact same. Alternate universe counterparts seem like the same with some obvious exeptions. For example, most universe versions of Funny Valentine seem to have the same physical statistics. If they look the same, then it's not farfetched to say they are.

The explanation blog is kinda iffy.

First two feats aren't even legit,we don't give everything that looks like lasers SOL speed.

Polnaref's feats are fine.

Those "Laser beams" from a fake star are also iffy by the virtue of star being fake if I am not mistaken.Not sure about bouncing thing,the sword doesn't qualify for that.

Star Platinum is stated to be LS,has no feats though but has an anti feat of not being able to deflect knives in stopped time,if it truly was SOL it could've deflect them no diff but it can easily stop a bullet,so not sure about it.

Why are jojo stands FTL when there at times where their stands could barely reach the bullet.

You need to post those feats.

Dzhindzholia said:
The explanation blog is kinda iffy.
First two feats aren't even legit,we don't give everything that looks like lasers SOL speed.

Polnaref's feats are fine.

Those "Laser beams" from a fake star are also iffy by the virtue of star being fake if I am not mistaken.Not sure about bouncing thing,the sword doesn't qualify for that.

Star Platinum is stated to be LS,has no feats though but has an anti feat of not being able to deflect knives in stopped time,if it truly was SOL it could've deflect them no diff but it can easily stop a bullet,so not sure about it.

Why are jojo stands FTL when there at times where their stands could barely reach the bullet.

You need to post those feats.
Fake star? You don't meanÒÇîT H E S U N ÒÇì, do you? I didn't think that was a feat

And those were DIO's knives thrown by a stand. Are you not assuming that if they were really that slow that DIO would have thrown them? Better yet, Star Platinum could have just stood in front of them, since they wouldn't be apart of his stand.

Responding to Dzhindzholia

"First two feats aren't even legit,we don't give everything that looks like lasers SOL speed."

The "laser" that came from the stone of Aja was regular old sunlight that was being amped by the stone. It isn't a generic anime laser it was just sunlight. The second one (Stroheim's UV laser) is stated and shown to be a UV ray multiple times and is later shown to come from realistic light sources like spotlights.

"Those "Laser beams" from a fake star are also iffy by the virtue of star being fake if I am not mistaken.Not sure about bouncing thing,the sword doesn't qualify for that."

I don't even think we use that as a speed feat.

"Star Platinum is stated to be LS,has no feats though but has an anti feat of not being able to deflect knives in stopped time,if it truly was SOL it could've deflect them no diff but it can easily stop a bullet,so not sure about it."

Except those Knives were being thrown by a MFL+ character. This reminds me of the times people try to downgrade game characters durability because you can die from swords, ignoring how those swords obliterated giant stone pillars three seconds before it hit you.

"Why are jojo stands FTL when there at times where their stands could barely reach the bullet."

F2975A91-9E9F-4B80-8FD2-F9D235D20043
Josuke also stops a bullet point blank and one of the stands is stated to be able to dodge six guns point blank.

Except those Knives were being thrown by a MFL+ character.

Is this a serious point of yours?It doesn't matter if Dio is FTL or even Trillions of times into SOL,the Time was frozen,those knives were literally frozen in space.

And yes,we use The Sun's lasers as a legit speed feat for JoJo.

I honestly don't care about JoJo's ratings right now.

If you don't care why did you even comment. That's a waste of your time and effort for no reason. I don't care about a lot of things on this wiki, so I don't comment. The only reason I'm responding is because I want to talk about the knives for a second.

The knife thing would be a massive outlier considering he and Josuke have grabbed bullet's point blank and Mista's Stand can kick bullets, and one stand is stated to be able dodge six bullets point blank. Trying to low ball him with knives (which yes I did misremember how that scene went, but I recently rewatched part 2 and those two FTL feats are both legit since they come from realistic sources like the sun and spotlights) is ridiculous when he has causal Supersonic+ to Hypersonic feats all throughout the series with characters mentioning trying to shoot Josuke or Jotaro with a regular gun is a waste of time and effort.

"Star Platinum is stated to be LS,has no feats though but has an anti feat of not being able to deflect knives in stopped time,if it truly was SOL it could've deflect them no diff but it can easily stop a bullet,so not sure about it."

Should've read the whole thing.

Also,I said I don't care about ratings,why did I comment then?Because I saw where you were wrong and replied to you.

Ok fair enough on why you commented because I did misremember the knive scene.

I was going to also say (or type in this case) something else but you've already pointed out this conversation is meaningless and I've known it's been pretty meaningless but I just wanted to add a bit more so a thread like this doesn't happen again; except for part 7 stands because apparently they have a reason not to scale. Sorry for any inconvenience or waste of time.

> has no feats

>> calc of him being ftl exists

> can't deflect every single mftl knife out of dozens

>> must not be ftl

topkek lets disregard the other ftl feats and statements

Back