• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

about barrier of goku, vegeta & vegito

Status
Not open for further replies.
this barrier was used by vegito to resist absorption, no?

http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Dragon-Ball-506-?id=249781#11

this barrier was then again used by goku and vegeta to resist poison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIbOjheLyS0

both goku and vegeta are the fusees of vegito and since they all can form the same barrier, goku and vegeta are resistant to absorption w/ barrier and vegito is resistant to poison w/ barrier.

Well, Vegeta and Goku learned the barrier trick after fusing to Vegito the last time.

more like they used the barrier after fusing to vegito the last time... it is still the same barrier...should have the same properties...

Vegito has plenty of unique techniques that neither Goku or Vegeta use, like the Spirit Sword. It's completely possible that this barrier is one of them.

Wait what? I thought it was the same barrier except that they were only using it to prevent contact from poison.

Yeah im with Prom.

This would be like saying Goten and/or Trunks can use stuff like the Cosmic Halo or the Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack when that definitely isnt true and never is seen. The same should apply to Goku and Vegeta.

Vegito should get poison resistance anyways as to me, it quite literally just looks like the barrier is preventing skin contact from the poison. And Professor, those are unique attacks and special to Gotenks. A barrier isn't some EXCLUSIVE move that ONLY Vegito, Goku and Vegeta can do. And besides spirit sword and absorption resistance, what does a Vegito have that they both don't? You guys keep treating this as if Goku and Vegeta are going to get Spirit Sword or something.

I am personally fine with poison resistance for Goku and Vegeta, as they have explicitly demonstrated the ability during the universal survival tournament. However, it must be specified that they have to put up a barrier for this.

The fact that they need a Barrier to block poison means they dont have resistance to poison. Only the barrier resists poison which isnt a big deal

the barriers are exactly the same white barrier which vegito used...means it is the property of the barrier.

we know the vegito can resist absorption w/ barrier and we know goku and vegeta can resist poison w/ barrier

means if goku, vegeta and vegito can use this special barrier, they all should get resistance to poison and absorption w/ barrier because that's the property of barrier. nobody else gets these things because nobody else has shown to form the same kind of barrier.

conclusion:

• barrier can resist absorption
  • same barrier can resist/block poison
means resisting absorption and poison is the property of barrier and goku, vegeta & vegito have used this barrier, so there should be a mention of what they can resist w/ barrier in their pages.

more like "resistance to absorption and poison w/ barrier" should be fine but you guys are the experts.

Well, I agree that they do not have poison resistance themselves. The barrier simply protects against it. I suppose that it would be strange if we started adding such resistances to every character with a force field.

oh i just checked their pages and it is mentioned that their barriers can keep out poisons, that is fine too....at least it is mentioned in their pages...

so only "resistance to absorption w/ barrier" then? because unlike poison, absorption can not be blocked it can only be resisted

Trunks still has resistance to petrification because he deflect Dabura's spit with KI blast.

Never understood how that counts as Petrification resistance.

"ki infused hands"

There were no ki blasts involved.

There is nothing to change here, only Vegito has the forcefield that can resist absorption, while Goku and Vegeta learned that barrier that can keep out poisons after seeing Gohan fight Lavender, so if they fuse again they get the poison thing.

Dark649 said:
There is nothing to change here, only Vegito has the forcefield that can resist absorption, while Goku and Vegeta learned that barrier that can keep out poisons after seeing Gohan fight Lavender, so if they fuse again they get the poison thing.
Yes, there is still one thing. That barrier they used also negates absorption.

Hence, "Forcefield Creation which renders poisons and Absorption ineffective".

It's self-explanatory. Their barriers are the same as Vegito. Isn't that what's already mentioned in the OP?

Yes, like we can clearly see that 17's barrier is different then Vegito's. That's not the case here. There being several types of barriers in DB doesn't remotely affect this scenario because here we are dealing with the same barrier.

Dark649 is correct. We should probably close this thread.

I disagree. Just because Goku and Vegeta did not resist absorption with their barriers doesn't take away the properties that the barrier already has.

We have seen that the barrier can negate absorption before, and it has not been contradicted yet.

It is like saying one sensu bean can heal you but another same sensu bean can't, even when both sensu beans have same properties.

I don't think the barrier is the same. iirc, Vegito's is a specific technique called the Saiyan Shield, rather than a generic barrier

It's the same. Vegito said "Barrier Up" when activating it. Elder Kai also said Goku was using "barrier" for fighting Lavender. No specific names were given, only barrier.

Plus, there is visual proof which should be enough. They are both close-to-the-skin, white colored slightly moving things.

Then I'm inclined to agree with AKM here. All depends on if Saiyan Shield is named in the manga or in something else like a game. If the former, I'm less inclined. If the latter, then I fully agree (as it's similar to another Vice Shout situation).

All in all, I'm wondering if this'll be like how Android BarrierÔëáPerfect Barrier.

so we comparing beautifully animated dbs with dbz which was animated 20 years ago now, to find the differences in animation?

that major nitpick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back