• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abomasnow vs Gray Fullbuster

Gray is immune to ice based attacks (especially if they are comparable to his tier ; also he is 7-B vs other things also as he defeated Spriggan Shield while weakest of them is at least 7-B)

It hapened to Gray in chapters around 30. We are talikong about Gray from 515 chapter i guess. All Gray attacks didn't harm Silver until he used environment combined with pure ice. Now Gray should have all Silver's powers. Gray can eat ice to become stronger but don't have to do it to be immune or highly resistant (especially against enemy with same tier)

Like other Slayers, Gray is able to consume external sources of ice in order to replenish his strength and enhance his power while at the same time granting immunity to it.

Quote form Fairy tail wikia (Gray's page)

However Abomasnow has plant based attacks but ice has advantage vs grass

I'm not entirely familiar with how Gray's abilities work, since I've only watched a lot of the dub, and not really the rest, nor read the manga, but it seems like whether or not Gray has a resistance or immunity to ice in his series would be a big deal.

Also, being part Grass-type, Abomasnow is hit for regular damage by ice-type attacks, according to Pokemon type logic.

Should I assume by "Base" that it's an Abomasnow with no trainer, and thus, can't Mega Evolve, nor does it have any TM, HM or move tutor moves?

What's the ruling on Egg Moves for trainer-less Pokemon? Is it possible for them to have them?

Could any of Abomasnow's moves work as hax to its advantage? Such as Mist, Grasswhistle, Swagger, or maybe Ingrain or Sheer Cold?

The way I see it, Slayer types are immune to their elements, but it is a matter of being resistant to certain supernatural elements effects or affix, such as fire that sticks, fire that's cold, fire that stinks, for example, Natsu is immune to heat/fire all together but not totally for their effects like he can still feel chills from cold fire. And with God Slayer magic, he just couldn't eat it at that time since it is affix to be hire than Dragon's flames, in the end it was eaten by Natsu.

Gray has more power but Abomasnow has more hax, i am pretty sure that pokemon can bring down Gray because it can control plants as well. So this is what happens, when they are clashing abomasnow catches gray by a surprise ( By using his plants) and K.Os him

Yes, he was fighting Mard Geer easily could destroy his plants. However he had type advantage in FT world thanks to his slayer abilities. Also Gray fought against enemies with multiple abilities as well (Lyon Snow +Ice (different magics in this verse) , Ultear (Time + Ice) Mard Geer (Plants +Darkness/Soul based finisher) and what's most interesting Rufus ( Memory manipulation but effectivelly spam of light, gravity, ice, fire, lava,electricity and some others)

Back