• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A wild Meruem appears in Z-City and Silver Fang has to stop it!

Meruem versus Bang. Speed equalized, this is 7-B Meruem (scaling from a 18.5 megatons feat — I swear he's capable of compensating for the power difference) versus Bang, who should theoretically be baseline 7-A thanks to the fact he scales from 7-B opponents and feats.

Now it's my turn as the OP to argue why this isn't a stomp.

If Bang has some level of unquantified Stat Amping, enhanced senses and attack reflection, Meruem can counter extreme levels of martial arts prowess and combat intelligence through a superhuman intellect capable of foreseeing anyone's movements and analysing patterns with such overwhelming precision that even slight deviations that "cannot even be called a bias" will be exploited and severely punished.

If Bang has an AP advantage, Meruem doubtlessly holds the versatility advantage: with a mix of extrasensory perception and clairvoyance that rivals — if not surpasses — the likes of Kenbunshoku Haki (Mantra), a Metamorphosis able to give him extra limbs to counter martial arts prowess and an invariably greater range up to the tens of kilometers, he has still the endurance to remain conscious and speak after being so severely damaged that nearly all of his body has third-degree burns and all his limbs have been destroyed. Through Rage Blast, Ko and other Nen techniques that are made for increasing one's attack potency at the expense of durability and vice-versa, Meruem is capable of getting sufficiently stronger not to be no-selled, as well as sufficiently sturdier not to be one-shot.

Now, for what matters: who shall be the winner?

Masterbang
An opponent harder than Isaac Netero.

Meruem2
An unparalleled monster.

Epic match-up.

Well... Bang doesn't have the same range Netero has and speed is equalized now.

Bang's profile says he has standard melee range but his martial art is shown to be at least extended standar melee range. But that belongs to a CRT. Even so Meruem can fly away and spam Rage Blast the moment he realizes Bang can't reach the range gap and only fight with his body. Bang is a better Netero in everything but range. Sure he can do much much damage to the king with less hits than Isaac but with Meruem intellect and speed equalized he'll be overwhelmed. And if Meruem goes to CQC he can do the same judgement he did against Netero and learn the WSRSF pattern.

Meruem 7/10 with high diff.

Meruem is indeed the kind of guy who would still be a huge threat even if he was on the losing end of an AP stomp in the anime, wouldn't he? XD

Bang can still fodderize Meruem if he isn't careful. Bang is still somewhat 5x stronger than Meruem.

Saving the distance is the better choice for Meruem. Until he land a good hit and the fight become more balanced.

I know mereum had quick adaptation,but it isnt o nthe level of reactive evolution..so Bang's attacks wrecks him,big time before he adapts to his martial arts.

Bang is on par with pre-Monster garou so he's agile enough to dodge any ranged attacks,till mereum runs out of energy.

Mereum is definitely not beating this old timer..Bang wins mid-difficulty

Meruem's stamina is huge and capable of withstand rather long battles, are you sure Bang can out-stamina him of all things?

It must be noted that Meruem's biggest asset is his intellect, not any individual power, so something simple like "his adaptation isn't enough" might be underestimating where Meruem's strength really lies, and how overwhelmed he might need to be in order to take free hits: both him and Netero during their fights were making perfect movements with flaws so insignificant that couldn't be called biases and yet Meruem would predict and heavily punish a mistake, analysing patterns to know when to expect it to happen and attacking with perfect timing.

So are you sure that agility and martial arts will be all it takes for something like mid difficulty? I tbh was thinking whoever won would do so by the skin of their teeth, so I need to argue, lol.

"It's time to bump up in the air, (Bump up in the air),

Bump up, don't be scared, (Bump up, don't be scared),

Bump up and your cares will soar away, (oohoohooh),

And if the dark clouds start to swirl,

Don't fear, don't shed a tear, 'cause

I'll be your 1-Up Girl

So let's all bump up super high, (Bump up super high),

High up in the sky, (High up in the sky),

There's no power-up like dancing,

You know that you're my Super Star, (You're my Super Star)

No one else can take me this far

I'm flipping the switch,

Get ready for this,

Ohh, ohh, let's do the Odyssey!

Can we reach a conclusion?"

—TriforcePower1

I'm pretty sure that this version of Meruem can not fight for long periods because of the poison killing it gradually, I think that's a great weakness for Meruem in this match and that may be the reason Meruem lose or die this match.

And I'm wondering why Meruem does not have Power Mimicry in his profile.

I think you might be interested in this match involving Meruem:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1878636

I'm sure Bang can one-shot Meruem. Bang even when extremely weakened one-shot multiple City level, and Bang one-shot that monster that had gotten stronger and that was superior to its previous version that casually broke the armor of Genos that the durability was 14 Megatons.

Even with Meruem's buffs I pointed out? Like Ko and stuff like that, or perhaps sacrificing an arm to survive a blow.

Well, I think Meruem's Stamina should be big enough to withstand at least 3 Bang hits since Meruem in its High 7-C baseline version was able to survive a 7-B level explosion of 18 Megatons (though he survived with his body almost all destroyed), even if Meruem is much more versatile and intelligent than Bang, he still has chances of being shot two-shot or three-shot by Bangs, since Meruem will not be able to scratch Bangs either of the great AP difference and Durability between the two.

You therefore disagree with me on that Meruem can use buffs to cause significant (or at least build up towards significant by "chipping him off" until he dies) damage on Bang?

If we go by the Greed Island training arcs where Ken (shrouding your body with aura) is described as "fifty percent defense and fifty percent offense" and Ko is described as "one hundred percent offense", it would be therefore no less than two times. However, there are two other factors that allow for it to grow higher than that, namely the fact that the aura is being gathered in a smaller region (hypothetical, not often explored in the anime), and that you can build up your aura to gather a greater amount by taking your time to join it in one point, charging your attack (used often, and in theory a full power and calculated Rage Blast would be exactly that).

So, two times at base, may grow a few times on top of that.

But if Meruem focuses 100% of his Nen on a single point to try to do visible damage on Bang (since Bang is over 100 Megatons for an unknown amount), that would not be decreasing its durability and being more potentially one-shot by Bang?

It would be reducing his durability to the mid~high ends of Tier 9-B or so, yes. Even the slightest graze would cause him insane amounts of damage, to the point of potentially vaporizing most of his body in one go. However, that's where his intellect comes in. Meruem is so ridiculously intelligent, so extremely good at foreseeing an opponent's movements and interacting with ridiculously complex and precise patterns where minuscule imprecisions cannot even be called biases in order to progressively corner opponents and force breaches in their defenses to open up for him to attack and severely punish them, he may as well just not get that one-shot he opens the potential for, due to simply punishing a flaw on Bang's moves and going back to full defense (or a dynamic of offense and defense necessary to block attacks and continue playing his game).

And that which I'm talking about comes from a fight against Netero, a man that was overwhelmed by Meruem's power, and yet managed to hold his own by being so skilled and intelligent that his flaws and imprecisions were barely significant at all and not humanly fathomable. Bang doesn't have that level of skill and is likely to get punished again and again without landing a hit, akin to a speedblitz, but intellect-based.

That would make this a similar battle to that between Composite Human and Baldi, wherein CH, a far weaker but far wiser fighter, defeated their extremely powerful opponent who could kill them off in a few blows, by using tools and tricks to overcome the difference in power and by using skill to minimize damage, deflect attacks instead of blocking them and such as to never really get that finishing blow, thus winning by the skin of their teeth.

Isn't Meruem, like, near baseline 7-B himself? Bang one-shots people above his level while severely and critically weakened.

I think you should give Bang a bit more credit here. He's definitely not Meruem-skilled but he's still a master martial artist with likely decades of experience fighting opponents. His abilities work wonders in terms of getting that one hit. Water Stream Encampment and Instantaneous Effect are both lethal to an unsuspecting enemy.

I'm sure Meruem can dodge quite a bit, but I don't think the skill gap is large enough for Meruem to get that 'death of a thousand cuts' victory he's looking for.

'Through Rage Blast, Ko and other Nen techniques that are made for increasing one's attack potency at the expense of durability and vice-versa, Meruem is capable of getting sufficiently stronger not to be no-selled, as well as sufficiently sturdier not to be one-shot.'

Bit of a NLF? Has Meruem ever shown to stat-amp himself to be on par, or even comparable, with a transformed Fuhrer Ugly?

Bang while exhausted managed to one shot multiple Kuroi Seishi clones who are baseline 7-A in the same scene in which he one shots Fuhrer Ugly (transformed) and Gums.

So Bang is more on the "can one shot baseline 7-As when exhausted" level of 7-A than baseline.

Back