• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A-Train Speed Downgrade (The Boys TV Show)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A-Train with the Compound V is currently Supersonic in its profile via a statement from a commentator that said A-Train can exceed speeds of 1,000 mph (447 m/s), but he later contradicted himself by saying that A-Train achieved a new world record after reaching the speed of 371 m/s (and it's Transonic, not Supersonic).

It is even established earlier in the same episode that the previous A-Train record was 339 m/s (Transonic).
Note: It's said on the television before the race, at the bottom of the screen while a man was talking and teasing the race. Unfortunately I can't find the passage on YouTube.

Edit

Agree: @Suigetsuhyugs @Deagonx @Serlock_Holmes
Disagree: @Shmeatywerbenmanjenson

Last edited:
You should find and link that passage if its real then its final.
Its possible it was an hyperbole because they are faster than anyone can see so the downgrade seems fine

Are we sure that speed record wasn't to do with a short dash or something? Maybe he can build up more speed.

This is just me trying to reconcile the information to avoid inconsistencies. If that's not the case, then the downgrade is right.

Are we sure that speed record wasn't to do with a short dash or something? Maybe he can build up more speed.
We have no information of this kind in the show.

And even without using the argument of the record of 339 m/s, the announcer's statement is probably an exaggeration (As Suigetsu said) to highlight A-Train before the race.
A-Train had used a whole stock of Compound-V (which boosts his speed) before the race and only reached a speed of 371 m/s, which is not close to 447 m/s. That + combined with the fact that the commentator said it was a new world record, that's enough to debunk the Supersonic for A-Train in my opinion.

I remember the background stuff saying that A-Train outran a bullet when he was younger. Is 339 m/s faster than a handgun bullets?

I remember the background stuff saying that A-Train outran a bullet when he was younger. Is 339 m/s faster than a handgun bullets?
Another background? I dont quite remember but saying "he is faster than a bullet" could easily be another hyperbole because of the whole Superman thing.
A pistols can vary a lot but something between 350 to over 450

It's a bit difficult when information conflicts like that. Although, we do know that A-Train doesn't hold the speed record anyway, since Homelander is faster.

So we have the race saying he's 339m/s while amped, and two seperate statements saying he's faster than sound and faster than a handgun respectively. Some handgun bullets aren't all that fast in the grand scheme of things, but are we sure the statement isn't a lie? Or an exaggeration, taking his ability to dodge a bullet and using the word "outrun" incorrectly?

A-Train with the Compound V is currently Supersonic in its profile via a statement from a commentator that said A-Train can exceed speeds of 1,000 mph (447 m/s), but he later contradicted himself by saying that A-Train achieved a new world record after reaching the speed of 371 m/s (and it's Transonic, not Supersonic).

It is even established earlier in the same episode that the previous A-Train record was 339 m/s (Transonic).
Note: It's said on the television before the race, at the bottom of the screen while a man was talking and teasing the race. Unfortunately I can't find the passage on YouTube.
Very straightforward, I agree.

It's also challenging to know what information about A-Train can be trusted, given the extensive PR operations conducted by Vaught for each popular hero.

It's also challenging to know what information about A-Train can be trusted, given the extensive PR operations conducted by Vaught for each popular hero.
I think this statement is true, and if so it would be an outlier, or maybe that's an exaggeration and it was aim-dodging or lucky timing

Another background? I dont quite remember but saying "he is faster than a bullet" could easily be another hyperbole because of the whole Superman thing.
It was a mini-biopic about his life
And when I was three, it's like
these guys started shooting in front of my building and I outran the damn bullet. - Season 1 Episode 6
Some handgun bullets aren't all that fast in the grand scheme of things, but are we sure the statement isn't a lie?
It could be, but idk. Him topping out at mach 1-2 with statements and feats isn't a wild thing.

I think his best showing would be needing a 5000 FPS camera to catch him running.

I dont think this contradicts anything since like stated above he could gain speed through longer distances

This being his record could just be his record for a track length amount of field since during his rehab he constantly races on the track and uses that as a measure of his speed getting worse

It'd be kinda weird if the announcer says he could move at 447 m/s yet the entire crowd can clearly see that he's moving slower so there's really no reason for the announcer to lie as he knows he'd be contradicted by the results on the screen, which to me points to him referring to his max possible running speed over a long distance

It'd be like announcing that Usain Bolt can run at speed over 45 mph and in the same race showing him topping out at 37 mph. Everyone would know your full of shit so why lie in the first place?

Not too sure about this, but didn't A-Train have a conversation with his brother about no longer being in his prime during Season 1?

I dont think this contradicts anything since like stated above he could gain speed through longer distances
But it's never stated in the show, that is the problem.

It'd be kinda weird if the announcer says he could move at 447 m/s yet the entire crowd can clearly see that he's moving slower so there's really no reason for the announcer to lie as he knows he'd be contradicted by the results on the screen, which to me points to him referring to his max possible running speed over a long distance

It'd be like announcing that Usain Bolt can run at speed over 45 mph and in the same race showing him topping out at 37 mph. Everyone would know your full of shit so why lie in the first place?
And the commentator was actually contradicted by the result on the screen. He said in front of everyone that A-Train could go at speeds above 447 m/s but in the end he only ran at 371 m/s.
He didn't even mention that 447 m/s was a long distance record, something he could have done to avoid being seen as a liar. But I think he doesn't care, Vought maybe told him to say that on A-Train

And the commentator was actually contradicted by the result on the screen. He said in front of everyone that A-Train could go at speeds above 447 m/s but in the end he only ran at 371 m/s.
He didn't even mention that 447 m/s was a long distance record, something he could have done to avoid being seen as a liar. But I think he doesn't care, Vought maybe told him to say that on A-Train
Yes I pointed that out

I'm saying since there's a literal ******* speedometer measuring their speeds, the commentator would absolutely zero reason to lie for publicities sake since he would immediately be contradicted by the results (Which he knows his track speed considering he announced A-Train hit a new record)

All this heavily points to him referring not to his track speed but to his full potential speed

Yes I pointed that out

I'm saying since there's a literal ***** speedometer measuring their speeds, the commentator would absolutely zero reason to lie for publicities sake since he would immediately be contradicted by the results (Which he knows his track speed considering he announced A-Train hit a new record)

All this heavily points to him referring not to his track speed but to his full potential speed
This makes sense

Yes I pointed that out

I'm saying since there's a literal ***** speedometer measuring their speeds, the commentator would absolutely zero reason to lie for publicities sake since he would immediately be contradicted by the results (Which he knows his track speed considering he announced A-Train hit a new record)

When A-train's brother talks about how A-train got slower he was doing laps and all his trainning is related to laps so why would we assume any different? The commentator only has the information that is public he doesnt see A-Train on a daily basis its much more likely his information is based on his previous races against other opponents.
The commentators serve only to hype the races, so his "lie" doesnt matter.

When A-train's brother talks about how A-train got slower he was doing laps and all his trainning is related to laps so why would we assume any different?
He was doing A lap, not laps

They were judging his speed based on what he could reach with a single track lengths worth of distance which is still a valid way of tracking his decline without having him reach his top speed (Which at this point is very bad for him to do)
The commentator only has the information that is public he doesnt see A-Train on a daily basis its much more likely his information is based on his previous races against other opponents.
The commentators serve only to hype the races, so his "lie" doesnt matter.
That still doesn't answer the question why he would hype A-trains speed up despite having something that directly proves him wrong in plain site of everyone

Announcers don't straight up lie to crowds when they commentate over matches

They announce their stats without exaggerating as that's what their paid to do, announce

He was doing A lap, not laps

They were judging his speed based on what he could reach with a single track lengths worth of distance which is still a valid way of tracking his decline without having him reach his top speed (Which at this point is very bad for him to do)
He did multiple laps he was trainning and he repeats those laps. Not that it matters we have no reason other than headcannon to assume his speed has any significant increases with distance.
That still doesn't answer the question why he would hype A-trains speed up despite having something that directly proves him wrong in plain site of everyone

Announcers don't straight up lie to crowds when they commentate over matches

They announce their stats without exaggerating as that's what their paid to do, announce
Probably because it doesnt matter, its just publicity.
Announcers do straight hype all matches like "this is the big game" or "this is a very important game" or "very exciting game" even when the winnir is clearly winning by a huge gap, because their jog is to entertain the public, if his job was just narrate facts people would just watch the game.

I am of the opinion that due to the massive PR apparatus behind all of these heroes, we should be extremely hesitant to prioritize statements over direct feats in cases like this. He competed in a race, the speed in the race was considered a record of his, it would not be unfair to him to scale his speed to this record over the other statements of unknown context or truth.

So my vote is for applying his race speed.

I am of the opinion that due to the massive PR apparatus behind all of these heroes, we should be extremely hesitant to prioritize statements over direct feats in cases like this. He competed in a race, the speed in the race was considered a record of his, it would not be unfair to him to scale his speed to this record over the other statements of unknown context or truth.

So my vote is for applying his race speed.
Fully agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back