• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hello.

The idea behind this CRT is to:
  • Add a second key on A-Train's profile and divide his feats with and without Compound V
  • Downgrade Temp-V Hughie to simply 9-B
  • Other Miscellaneous changes
So, starting with the first point, the two keys that I suggest are one before his heart attack (Basically, Season 1), and one for after his heart attack (Seasons 2 and 3). This is on the basis that A-Train's physical condition greatly deteriorated after his cardiac arrest. He can't mantain his super speed for long, mostly using it for short bursts, and he even suffered another heart attack when he pushed himself too hard.
His strength also likely dimished, as he was defeated rather easily by Deep. And yeah, even jokes aside, Deep definitely ain't as strong as his peers, with him being clearly afraid of Starlight.
This is what downgrades Temp-V Hughie too. While he did hurt him, Hughie's enraged punch didn't cause any serious damage to A-Train and, speaking of Starlight, he was easily defeated by her, with Annie very likely not even going all-out. And he was likely incapacitated for a while, as Annie was able to go back to the Herogasm house, get MM out, then Butcher woke up, fought Homelander and just after he was getting overpowered by Homelander did Hughie arrived. Even if one were to argue he purposely waited for Annie to get out, he took way too long.
As for his feat of pushing Homelander, my suggestion is to either take it as an outlier, or scaling it to a comparable feat, with the example of Maeve not being pushed byan speeding truck back in Season 1, when she was far weaker than Homelander, so Hughie should be at least superior to that truck.
Going back to A-Train, here I made a sandbox for how I intend on his profile to look like.

As for the misc stuff, they are some tweaks and additions to certain profiles.
  • Soldier Boy: add resistance to fire and/or heat manipulation (As he can withstand oxy-acetylene flame, which burns at 3500°C with no damage). Also add a resistance to acid (Butcher stated that he was given "sulfuric acid cocktails"), and a minor resistance to mind manipulation (While Mindstorm's powers do still affect him, and SB is clearly uneasy when trying to capture him, SB clearly does have a minor resistance to Mindstorm's powers, since they never were a truly reliable way to put him down)
    And we should better clarify that his Power Nullification works because it burns off the Compound V in the supes' system. So, while an argument can be made of say, he removing the powers out of Captain America by burning the Super Soldier serum for example, he can't simply fire off and erase powers out of everyone.
    Edit: for SB:
    Limited Light Manipulation for Soldier Boy (His powers produce light. Seems trivial, but Sharigan users and Super Saiyans get it for glowing in the dark, so.)
    Supernatural Willpower (He overcame the effects of Novichok, despite it being capable of knocking him out, because he didn't wanted to be captured again)
  • Preparation and Explosion/Smoke Manipulation for Mindstorm (As he set up traps close to his house and even put up explosives, and generated a lot of smoke)
  • Regeneration [Low] for Starlight (As she healed from this in about a day).
    I was considering if she should get Social Influencing (For example, She managed to talk down an angry Homelander that was about to kill her for disobeying orders. She also was shown to be really good at manipulating others, mostly through blackmailing though. And she has an immense fanbase, with a lot of them standing on her side even with Vought making her look like a criminal)
    Edit: Also for her:
    Status Effect Inducement (Blindness. Stated that her powers could blind someone if they look at her)
    Limited Healing and Temperature Manipulation/Heat Generation (Can use her powers to cauterize injuries. Seemingly melted a hole into a metal fence)
  • Mention that Homelander's, Butcher's and likely Ryan's heat vision can burn Soldier Boy, who, as mentioned, can resist intense heat without injury.
  • Basing this on profiles like The Incredibles' and Yang's, I was thinking that Maeve could get durability upgrade for ther S1-2 costume. Scaling her bracelets to City Block level by withstanding Homelander's vision without damage (this would of course be mentioned on her S3 key, but the point is that since her costume is the same, it should have the same properties), and (with the same logic) scale her costume to Building level+ from receiving no damage from Soldier Boy's explosion (granted, is an attack from a 8-B character, but just to play it safe since the explosion itself was calced at that level).
    And maybe give her heat resistance due to taking an explosion point-blank? Idk how hot his explosions are, but they can leave burning traces and vaporize bodies.
  • Fire resistance for Translucent, as Frenchie stated that his remains couldn't be burned.

And I think that's about it with the changes for the characters' profiles. If anyone has another suggestion to add we can discuss it.

Last edited:
I was thinking that maybe we could also add:
  • Limited Light Manipulation for Soldier Boy (His powers produce light. Seems trivial, but Sharigan users and Super Saiyans get it for glowing in the dark, so.)
  • Supernatural Willpower also for SB (He overcame the effects of Novichok, despite it being capable of knocking him out, because he didn't wanted to be captured again)
  • Preparation and Explosion/Smoke Manipulation for Mindstorm (As he set up traps close to his house and even put up explosives, and generated a lot of smoke)

Last edited:
I mean, I guess, though it's a pretty meh version of low regen.
Yeah, I know it's not impressive and might not even be combat-applicable, but I just added it based on the description for low regen:
  • "Merely an accelerated healing ability for normal wounds, allowing the character to heal wounds that would normally take days, weeks, or even months much more quickly"
For the rest of the suggestions, I think they look good.
Thanks for your input.

Soldier Boy should also just outright downscale to Homelander's possibly Class K Lifting Strength.

The two are said to be almost equal in strength, with the both grappling for a good while in their fight, and in the last episode, Soldier Boy managed to restrain Homelander with one hand (albeit, Homelander was distraught).

Soldier Boy should also just outright downscale to Homelander's possibly Class K Lifting Strength.

The two are said to be almost equal in strength, with the both grappling for a good while in their fight, and in the last episode, Soldier Boy managed to restrain Homelander with one hand (albeit, Homelander was distraught).
I guess it was never on his profile because of it already being and iffy feat from Homelander, but it makes sense. Thanks for your comment

Imo, while comparable they are not "almost equal". Homelander is shown a few times to overpower or match Soldier Boy while he has help from others and 1 vs 1 Homelander is (in my view) clearly shown to be the superior.

But "possibly Class K" to match Homelander is workable probably.

Imo, while comparable they are not "almost equal". Homelander is shown a few times to overpower or match Soldier Boy while he has help from others and 1 vs 1 Homelander is (in my view) clearly shown to be the superior.

But "possibly Class K" to match Homelander is workable probably.
"Almost equal" was how the show worded it, and Soldier Boy did match Homelander several times. (Episode 6 where the two catch each other's fists, and episode 8 were Homelander can't break his grip).

That being said, he downscales by being outright weaker, and as the times Soldier Boy "matches" Homelander, he is shown to struggle more or have an advantageous condition.

Homelander is already possibly Class K

Suggestions seem fine at a glance. Oxy-acetylene flame stuff is Fire Resistance. People use "Heat Resistance" way too much when in fact Heat Manip is the control of temperature itself, not the side effects of temperature.

People use "Heat Resistance" way too much when in fact Heat Manip is the control of temperature itself, not the side effects of temperature.
Yeah, that reflects on heat manipulation as an ability, but here is more about the fact that he can resist high temperatures. I mostly link it just to link somewhere lol.
Suggestions seem fine at a glance.
Fair enough. Thanks for your comment.

Given that he resists high temperature coming straight from a flame, it's as concrete of a resistance to Fire Manip as can be.
So you don't agree that it supports that the Heat Vision from the supes has a higher temperature than said flame, since they can damage Soldier Boy's skin while the flame couldn't?

So you don't agree that it supports that the Heat Vision from the supes has a higher temperature than said flame, since they can damage Soldier Boy's skin while the flame couldn't?
I never said that. Just that Heat Manip isn't the right ability to use here or for any high temperature resistance feat.

If anything, I have no issues with Heat vision being hotter than said flame.

Just that Heat Manip isn't the right ability to use here or for any high temperature resistance feat.

If anything, I have no issues with Heat vision being hotter than said flame
Ok, now I get it. Thanks m8.

So, by my understaing, I have to wait 48 hs before applying the changes, so I'll do just that.

Back