• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A three legged raven meets a lost daughter to a great clan

Being greeted by a member of the once great Fujiwara Clan, a certain three legged raven decides to test her nuclear flare on the flames of a phoenix! Gensokyo is in danger, and Reimu has 5 stages to clear before she gets to them. Will it be too late!? Which of these hot-headed flamebirds take the gold?

Starting Location - Scarlet Devil Mansion

Starting Location - 10 meters

No prior knowledge of each other outside they have flame based abilities

Speed... Equalized I guess?

Victory Conditions - Surrender or who can win more before Reimu breaks them up

Bonus Round - Both of them think they can take on Reimu at once

The Scorching, Troublesome Diving Flame (2 - Saikou, Derpinator9001)

The Self-Abandoning, Immortal Human (3 - COB, PsychoWarper, Miki-Sensei)

Gonna go Mokou due to immortal and tenacity imo. Phoenixes get stronger over time too so yup. Depends on how doon Reimu can approach them too. They prob wont win against Reimu though.

While Mokou is tough, she's gonna break before long. Remember that Reimu's fight with her was enough to make her surrender. Utsuho's suns and their gravity would likely trap Mokou for quite some time if she puts her mind into it. Also AP advantage at play here as always.

I don't think Immortality is a valid reason here. Remember that both have Low-Godly regen in this context, and both lack ways of killing each other off permanently. Hence the OP stating that the enemy surrendering is the victory condition. And power-wise and Danmaku-wise, Okuu has a clear advantage here.

Aged discussion, buuuuut i'd chose Mokou because:

-In ULiL her flames are hot enough to incinerate herself in a single second, and with her Occult Ball attack, vaporize herself and the surrounding, making me come to the conclusion that her fires can be just as hot as Okuu's miniature suns and thus be able to keep up with her firepower (no pun intended)

-She's smarter than Okuu, but then again, most people are and thus could win with greater technique. (Expecially considering how Mokou is likely way older than Okuu is)

-The fact that she knows "all kinds of sorcery" suggests that she might have more tricks up her sleeve to fight Okuu in case intense fires still don't work for some reason. If only ZUN gave more clarification of that that could mean

-Mokou's high willpower and pain tollerance will most definetly allow her to push herself against the most attacks that Okuu has to offer for a long time

While i love and adore both of those fiery birds, i think Mokou has the upper hand in a fight like this.

I'd question her "high willpower and pain tolerance", given the fact that she basically gave up after her fight with Reimu in IN. It wouldn't take that much effort for Okuu to make this happen too.

Back