• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Tale of Crossing Over Canons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated the wiki navigation bar as well. Should we remove the highlight and close this thread now?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Actually, I have a request honestly. We should likely list all the accepted Canon Crossovers on the page. Helps us keep track of what we accepted.
Yes, this would be a good thing to add, unless we want people making threads again and again about the same thing.

The Onesided crossovers could also some listed accepted examples similar to the canon ones; a couple users (myself included) had plans to revise The Battletoads, and some of the best feats came from Battletoads & Double Dragon the Ultimate Team. Which is chronologically the 4th game in the Battletoads series, but relation to Double Dragon is dubious at best. ProtoDude did do multiple calcs here

That was on his profile, but I'm unsure if it was ever stated to be canon anywhere. Or if so, to what verses?

Just Ace Attorney and Professor Layton.

IIRC, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is canon as the 7th game of Ace attorney and the 6th game of Professor Layton.

The game acts as if it was an shared universe.

Here is a list. Correct me if I am wrong or missing anything.

Scalable Crossovers
Street Fighter x Tekken

Soul Calibur Vl (SC X Witcher)

Dead or Alive (DoA X Ninja Gaiden X Virtua Fighter)

Studio Trigger

Nitroplus

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright

Self Contained and Unscalable Crossovers
SMT Nocturne (SMT X DMC)

Digimon World: Re Digitize (Digimon X Tekken)

Blazblue Cross Tag (Heard it was canon to Blazblue somewhere. Blazblue X Under Night In-Birth X Persona 4 Arena X RWBY)

Dissidia Final Fantasy

Super Robot Wars

@Dragon

On the scalable verses should be included Supernatural x Scooby Doo ( Even though there aren't feats there)

Scooby Doo x DC (They aren't the PC version or New 52 version tho)

Jimmy Timmy Power Hour (Jimmy Neutron/Fairy Odd Parents)

I'm not too certain about Nicktoon or Cartoon Network crossovers. My memory isn't the best, but Fairly Odd Parents for example is only powerful due to their wands, the fairies themselves aren't physically overpowered; though they can use magic to transform themselves to such powers. Professor Calamitous merging with Jorgan does have a universal attack, but is still a glass canon no different from Jorgan. The Jerkinator, and original character from Jimmy Timmy 3, however does appear to be a universal threat, so he may scale to Jorgan.

Grim Reaper from Billy & Mandy is also a glass canon, so don't think anyone scales to his scythe.

@DDM

Actually Jorgen casually tanked a bomb that would destroy two universes.

But you are right about Grim from Billy and mandy.

Shirley (An villain made by both Timmy and Jimmy) Merged two universes, he had a lot of hax too, but I need to recheck the movie too verify more about it.

CursedGentleman said:
Scooby Doo x DC (They aren't the PC version or New 52 version tho)
Slight correction. It's Scooby Doo x DC x other Hanna-Barbera properties. They teamed up with Secret Squirrel, Space Ghost and Yogi Bear too.

Okay, nvm about the Jorgen Von Strangle part, Jerkinator of course scales from him.

Might as well bring this one up while it's still fresh in my mind.

The DOOM world, the Wolfenstein world and (both) Quake worlds are a shared universe. They've had commonalities ever since DOOM II (the "Wolfenstein" and "Grosse" levels), Quake III contains all three protagonists from DOOM, Quake I and Quake II, and Quake Champions not only contains the Doom Slayer, Ranger and B.J. Blazkowicz, but also has Lore Scrolls and Artifacts which were confirmed by the devs to be canon to all of their respective characters' stories.

So would this count as a "crossover" where we would scale feats to all parties, or nah?

The original Doom does take place 100-200 years after the events of Wolfenstein yes. But not sure if any of the protagonists ever canonically fought each other. And I don't think any of the demons appeared in Wolfenstein. I do feel some of that William Blazkowicz might be low balled if he can dodge projectiles similar to what Doomguy can dodge. Robo-Hitler could have a pretty impressive tier as well.

Not familiar with Quake though, but maybe.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Actually, I have a request honestly. We should likely list all the accepted Canon Crossovers on the page. Helps us keep track of what we accepted.
My apologies, but I do not think that it seems to be a good idea to suddenly sweepingly accept crossovers as valid without preceding individual discussions. It would also probably be best to handle this in other discussion threads, as it seems like a derailment of the original topic, or at the very least this thread has turned too long to handle the topic properly at this point.

I think we should have a list of accepted crossovers on the wiki page for crossovers, but we shouldn't go about listing them here. Instead they should be added to that page after an individual discussion thread for them has happened.

Agreed. So should we close this discussion thread?

everything this thread was been made for was agreed upon, furteiror changes should be discussed in other threads

Yes, we both tried to be reasonable here, but other public threads have severely derailed or spiralled out of control, and staff discussions are usually easier to keep organised (and require much less time and energy), so I would still appreciate if we can keep threads for wiki policy changes as staff only in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back