• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Spark of Positivity.

I see a lot of negativity towards this community, so I realized that we should try to create something positive to begin with. This community is one of the biggest and funniest places to be (especially these days), people try their best to do the best possible profiles for everyone to enjoy. I can not imagine anyone getting angry at us because we did not give this or that page the right level, and again most of us are hated because we apparently do not do our job as intended, but look from our perspective they are most tired, stressed, (hopefully not) depressed and or emotionally not good and we are still trying to make the best of what we can (despite their situations), I can not imagine anyone feeling bad and they have still the intention to create a profile and actually put effort and care into it if they are attacked something most outsiders overlook, no one gets paid for this everyone has their own work / school or other duties get tired or overworked but still feel the need to contribute here and help people with the questions despite the fact that they are tired or stressed. And in addition to ignoring all the criticism they receive and still continue. On top of that, they have so many franchises to take care of and put effort into that you sometimes just feel overwhelmed and overwhelmed, and they keep going every day. And I can not forget the trolls who vandalize this place and send angry messages to employees because they disagree with a specific level, let me get it straight out that an employee here is not a robot or machine, it is a human being with feelings they get emotionally attacked with actual abuse and threats do not you think they will be sad and or will leave their position? Because they are also human, it puts a lot of stress on their shoulders something they already have, and on top of that they try to be as nice as possible.

We do a very good job of maintaining it here, and I'm proud of the people who put so much emphasis on this place.
We are doing a very good job maintaining it here and I’m proud of the people who put so much effort in this place.

In conclusion we are a good place (No matter what anyone tells me)

I’m not sure if i said anything in wanted to say.

But i have massive amounts of respect for the Staff who works here.

If you disagree with me it’s fine, i never asked for the agreement of the entire community but at least have more understanding before doing something or calling someone out.

I apologise for my bad punctuation, I mainly use a translator for longer walls of text. Since my main language I’m typing is Norwegian!

Last edited:
The lack of punctuation made this actually a pain to read.

Anyways, yes, while I can agree that the staff has done a good job on keeping the site well-managed and all, it seems we still need to improve further, many off-site even agree that the problems rely the most on the staff members, but I'm sure the issues present can be eventually fixed, but the problem is when, as at this pace the site will just go even worse, SuperBearNeo clarifies it quite well, and as I'm sure this will be addressed with something like "We are still trying our best, and we can't exaust ourselves" and "we're the best in terms of management for a vs debating community can get", to which I'll reply:

Just as Sera complained and explained long before she left, we need more staff members, but not just on number, but rather ones willing to help with on more things, for example, I've seen staff that really only support a verse or two and are quite negligent on helping on anything outside their usual comfort (And kinda abuse this just for their own verses), and in some cases express blatant preference or dislike to a series and base their judgement on that, instead of seeking accuracy, they want to keep their series above others as a form to benefit their ego.

And while we're about the best in terms of proper regulation a community can get in the Vs debating spectrum, that doesn't mean we should stop here, instead of keeping the problems for later, they are to be addressed already, I'm even considering leaving myself as I no longer have much of a reaosn to stay given that the wiki seems to just be going downhill.

Thank you for the first post. I appreciate it.

As for Bobsican's reply, what do you want me to say really? I really am trying my best, and so are many others in our staff, but we are hobbyists, not professionals, and the more negativity that people throw our way despite how much of our time that we spend trying to be helpful for no payment, the more risk there is that we will gradually leave, and without any caretakers this community really will die out, and then you will be left with nothing.

For better or worse, this is almost the best that we can manage, and it is completely unrealistic to demand perfection. Would I much prefer if all staff members were willing to help out with any types of threads that they are able to? Sure, but irregular help is much preferable to no help at all, so what can I do? I certainly cannot afford paying them all, and again, the more ungrateful negativity that is thrown in their way, the less likely they are to help out in the first place.

As such, please do not try to interfere whenever anybody tries to say something nice for a change. It is very unnecessary.

Also, again, the wiki is not going downhill. We are working on several improvements behind the scenes, but need to find the time for them and sufficient numbers of volunteers to apply some of them.

In addition, we have a better organisation and tiering reliability than ever before, and our visitor numbers are climbing day by day.

We just need to continue to try to do our best to gradually improve things over the years, instead of throwing up our hands in the air, say "screw you", leave, and do some damage to the community morale on our way out.

Giving up and making unreasonable demands from others doesn't solve any problems. Collaboration, fortitude, respectful attitudes, and hard work do.

Just a note that the above are general statements, as Bobsican has made an effort to be a hardworking, attentive, and helpful member in the past.

Thank you for the first post. I appreciate it.

As for Bobsican's reply, what do you want me to say really? I really am trying my best, and so are many others in our staff, but we are hobbyists, not professionals, and the more negativity that people throw our way despite how much of our time that we spend trying to be helpful for no payment, the more risk there is that we will gradually leave, and without any caretakers this community really will die out, and then you will be left with nothing.
I'm not too familiar on the goings on behind the scenes but I feel a lot of people miss or forget the hobbyist part, or just expect that to be eventually dropped in some way with their contributions. Heck the hobbyist part is why I often try to say bans shouldn't be as forgiving in RVR. I get how that can come off as assholish but yeah.

Just my own perspective though. I really can't say I know a whole lot regarding what actually goes on behind the scenes as much as I'd like to, or maybe dislike to, I dunno I guess.

Well, I and other others constantly make plans for improvements, including to this forum, but we need to find times for them when there are not too many other unfinished ongoing revisions, and also need reasonably competent volunteers to make them work.

I have also asked our forums system manager to try to add a sandbox function to this forum some time ago based on what Bobsican suggested.

Last edited:
Thanks for paying attention, Ant. I'm aware that this is about the best that can be done for the moment, but I really thought it was a good idea to remind some of the areas where we could improve further, as on the long run they can be plausible. I still have faith on the site and all, after all.

Okay. That is good. I was not intending to slam you personally. I was just getting tired of people in general making unreasonable demands of staff members who are usually trying considerably harder than they are.

Also, I and AKM agree that our tiering system has turned too hard to understand for the highest tiers, but we have asked our most intelligent and sensible staff member, DontTalkDT, to try to figure out a workable solution when he finds the time.

I also would like to mention that the Audit proyect has been left on hiatus for months, maybe even a year or two, seemingly out of the users no longer being invested on checking the rest of the verse pages left, let alone the hundreds of verses that got added by then with no list to take check of, so I would also suggest it being brought up again at some point.

But yes, the wiki has been going better lately, and the future is looking bright if we continue like this.

I was this close to going tl;dr to that huge paragraph in the OP, since everything was scrunched together and I could only barely keep reading without my eyes hazing over. Harsh but true, and I'm truly sorry for that.

That being said, I truly appreciate the thought on the matter. As I mentioned in Gews' farewell thread, there are a lot of problems still relevant on this wiki, and things like sour toxicity and trollish behavior are just things we have to live with and minimize whenever possible. That being said, most people who frequent this site are quite wonderful. They are attentive, passionate, and are typically quite respective of each other most of the time. In all honesty, I believe this place is one of the best places to go for both character indexing and versus debates, and I only believe that this outlook will improve as time goes on, and this will be especially true if we can all come together and push for a brighter future for this community!

Last edited:
dr to that huge paragraph in the OP, since everything was scrunched together and I could only barely keep reading without my eyes hazing over. Harsh but true, and I'm sorry for that.
Honestly, I understand where you coming from but like i said earlier i use a translator for longer walls of text. But my point was to spread some positive here!

I edited the OP a little hopefully it looks better now!

Last edited:
Back