• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Insert Farewell Title Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think I would have to come back here and truth be told, I don't and won't after this message

Hello guys, It's SuperBearNeo~

Since my friend has stopped caring for VBW and doesn't care if I freely use this account, I'm going to use this time to say something and this is going to be the most sincere thing I've said here

The Message
Notice how many people are leaving and it's happening at a rapid pace. It sounds crazy but I called this a while back and what's funny is, I predicted a collapse event, such as what's happening now would occur and what was the reasoning ? Oh yeah, that's right, basically mod bias and drama being brought to light. You may have forgotten, but called out many of these issues about a year or two back and it aged like fine wine

Many wanted to call me a hater and salty, despite my attentions never were to (initially speaking) diss the staff, but to see the exact scenario that I envisioned occur with the same complaints that I and many others have highlighted come to truth, is a hilarous situation in itself. I quite frankly kept telling everyone that stuff of this magnitude would occur and that's why I left as way back as I did

The Point
You may be wondering, what's the point of me returning and making this post....Well, I want this to be a reminder that at this point, the only thing that's going to prevent this, is if you actually pay attention to what people have been saying and actually listen to what people are saying are major issues with this wikia. Putting my dislike for many of the staff aside, my underlying reason why I even made videos against you guys was ultimately wanting to see things change around and the fact that this wikia has remained in such a stagnant state of unwillingness to change is as of now, bring proven to be this wikia's downfall, with how major these flaws have been

What I'm getting out here, is that I've been correct in what I was saying for about a year and at this point, if you want to remain in the same position, then you are only going to cause more people to leave, so at this point, you can take my words rn, with a grain of salt or continue to have more people leave...

Another reasoning why I made this, is because I want this to be my formal departure from the wikia. I technically already have left and did so on pretty nasty terms. Don't get it twisted, I still dislike a good number of people here and that likely isn't to change, but I'm going to do this to (throw the salt in the wound) say goodbye to some people who I've genuinely respected from this community

The Finality
Assuming nothing crazy happens, I won't come back here again and I'll continue to ignore this place like the plague. Before I depart for good, like I have before, I have some choose words to say to some lovely people before I leave

@Bobsican - Continue to stay yourself dude. I respect your crusade to make this wikia a better place and while I want hardily to do with this wikia in regards to helping, It's nice to see that people DO want change

@The_real_cal_howard - You are my favorite mod and truth be told, my respect for you is immense. Stay strong my dude

@DarkDragonMedeus - Like with other Mods, I respect how nice you are and friendly to be around, keep making this place good

@Saikou_The_Lewd_King - I will retract some things I said about you, that being said, I do hold the notion that you shouldn't have shit talked and did all this other nonsense. Other than that, I have some respect for you

@LordGriffin1000 - Probably don't know me, but your revisions have always been cool and you are someone I respect

@Dragonmasterxyz - Your work on Digimon is something that makes me want to get back into the series, after taking a long hiatus. Anyways, stay cool dude

There are probably others I didn't think of to mention here and show respect/love towards. That being said, I'm done and if you want to talk to me, well

My Discord: SuperBearNeo (Elder Mantra)#1121

My Youtube (albeit, on hiatus): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU_KAAqPfQo8mso0LOpNZ-g

My Wikia: https://omniversal-battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/Omniversal_Battlefield_Wiki

Yes, I have to agree, the wiki really needs major changes on stuff such as the staff to regular member gap of trust (And tolerance for that matter), and to make sure to keep it more friendly and reasonable, instead of arguing left and right over an idea, remember, we strike for accuracy, not for expanding egos with whatever verse you like being stronger than X.
I know that you normally don't step into VSBW normally, so I'll have to thank you as well for your message to open the eyes of many.

Last edited:
This has never, and I mean never, ever been directed to people who aren't staff. People are free to rally forces and strongarm threads into submission, but the moment a mod sees this and decides it's wrong, they're the bad guy. It's always about staff bias and people thinking staff actively want to cause a dispute, when really they're just people with coloured names and a job to do. It's part of the reason I left. Nobody trusts the staff anymore. Staff as in all coloured names, regardless of position or standing. It is entirely exhausting to explain how a mere disagreement is not indicative of an authoritarian flex. News flash: mods are allowed to have opinions too. Staff more often than not, are the same as any other regular user. And it may come as a surprise to most, but staff don't just poof into existence. They were once regular members too. Hell, some of you on the wiki right now were probably nominated to be staff before, and if you had been a tad bit more decent in behavior and attitude, you too could have been staff. That's it really. I admit, sometimes less than decent users get into the upper echelons of the wiki and people want to see them booted. But again, mods are humans too. They deserve the chance to learn from their mistakes. And if they go beyond what is deemed acceptable, sure, they deserve the boot.

You can lie to me, but you can't lie to yourself: most of you would not turn down the opportunity to be staff. You'd be as giddy with excitement as I once was when I was offered the position. Because it takes massive ******* cajones to turn down a mod position and still expect to be taken seriously. Agnaa is an excellent example of that.

The people don't want more lenient staff. No, they've been very lenient in fact. What the people really want is to be validated. But here in the real world we don't always get what we want. I can attest to that since throughout my entire career as a mod, I have barely ever been in a single piece of drama. The secret is literally respect. I give people the respect they deserve before they have the chance to prove me otherwise. I have outward disdain for multiple users. But at the end of the day I remember that they're human and they're not flawless. They deserve to have their opinions spoken and heard. This is a simple principle I have applied for almost everyone. Regular users, staff, and even people off site. It is really not that hard.

But sometimes being respectful can only go so far. I have remained relatively silent and usually kept my head out of matters that I knew would turn controversial. Over time, I saw this as cowardly. I wanted to speak up, but if I did, I would have just been labeled as just another staff with bias. It was that complete lack of a voice that really demotivated me. Why speak, when they'll just dismiss you anyway? The staff aren't gods, they aren't knowledgeable in everything. So when they come onto a thread and disagree with people far more knowledgeable about a verse, the only thing they can rely on is experience. And it is that experience I wish people trusted more. Because you don't become staff without putting in a stupid amount of effort into the wiki.

I don't know if anyone will even read through this, but I think it needed to be said. God knows I have no stake left into the wiki, I'm bloody retired. But it really pains me to see the site I loved be treated with such contempt and disdain.

Last edited:
@Sir_Ovens Sorry, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this statement

You are right, Mods are humans and they make mistakes like any other human in this world

Where I disagree is that they shouldn't be viewed in disdain and not trusted. I've been in Vs Central and have seen the behavior of some people who rule, I won't name names but some people are two-faces, liars or full on bias by definition

Not all mods are bad and even in this post, I acknowledged that...However, those who have made mistakes along the lines of lying, being two-faced and so on deserve to be looked at with distain

P.S: I wouldn't be a mod, you could offer me the status of owner for all I care, I wouldn't take it and truth be told, at this point, people only become mods cause they want to improve the cesspool that VBW shot itself into

collapse event

Uhh no. This isn't a collapse event. Many people are leaving due to either their personal reasons or reasons that make this wiki what is is due to the very nature of what it is based on. And that's fine. People can leave, and they are free to decide why. I respect their decision. During my time I have seen many leave and it usually happens in clusters. Because many people join in clusters and they outgrow it together. It comes as no surprise that many of the old users dating back to 2015 would leave because that's when most joined. Remember 2018? Same kind of thing happened then too, when many people left en masse.

But seriously, calling a dozen people leaving a "collapse" is a bit much, when out of those, many have expressed their personal reasons and many have expressed reasons that are valid too, but such things were always present on the wiki due to its nature. The same people enjoyed the same thing while it lasted. It's a cycle, old people leave, and new people keep coming. Since the forum is up and running, the number of active members has only been on the increase from what I can tell.

Does the wiki need improvement? Of course it does. As do all things. We need to constantly improve and evolve. Because what's the point if we become static? And many people have brought up suggestions regarding those improvements, which I think are valid too. I was one of these people back then and I took my time to help in improving it a bit, maybe, or I'd at least like to think so. And I'd tell them to try and do the same thing. At the end of the day, it is the people who can all help to make this community improve from its faults, as we have done to build this community from when it was nothing.

Last edited:
I agree with Sir_Ovens. Most staff members genuinely are trying their best despite recurrently being treated badly. I have roughly worked daily 12 hour shifts trying to be as helpful as I can manage for over 6 years, and endured ridiculous amounts of abuse in the process, but that should not remotely be a benchmark for what is required to have one's sincerity respected.

The staff are just members who have been deemed to be considerably more reasonable, reliable and rational than the average users, and as such are needed to act as buffers against far more unreliable statistics and bad behaviour than we see currently in the wiki and forum. They are generally nice and well-intended people with a job to do, but this is ultimately usually just a hobby to them. That is it, so please try to give them a break.

Gloating about the misfortune of people who have not done anything bad to you as part of some kind of personal vendetta, and using it as an opportunity to market yourself, also does not exactly paint you in a good light.

Last edited:
Goodbye man I watched a lot of your videos and wondered why you haven't been uploading in 4 months have a nice life Ill still check up on your videos though.

Does the wiki need improvement? Of course it does. As do all things. We need to constantly improve and evolve. Because what's the point if we become static? And many people have brought up suggestions regarding those improvements, which I think are valid too. I was one of these people back then and I took my time to help in improving it a bit, maybe, or I'd at least like to think so. And I'd tell them to try and do the same thing. At the end of the day, it is the people who can all help to make this community improve from its faults, as we have done to build this community from when it was nothing.
I agree about this. We constantly work extremely hard with trying to gradually improve the quality of the wiki as a whole, but drastic overhauls require tremendous amounts of work to a degree that is often not realistic, recurrently risk to cause much more harm than they solve, and we still need some sort of quality control, so we have no better alternative to our current system in that regard. Depriving our staff of all their authority would only create complete chaos, not any constructive solutions.

Yeah, the message was already given, there's no need to leave the door open for controversy, and let's allow everyone to think about this as they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back