• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weak points don't really have effects on strength and a brain is quite fragile. Sonic attacked the brain, Chaos's weak point not Chaos himself.

Neither of those are good points.

Brains are fragile for humans, not for giant monsters powered by magic Emeralds.

You have no proof for your second point. That makes absolutely no sense.

It being a different continuity entirely and not remotely linked to the games makes it entirely irrelevant.

I fail to see how 0 defeating Knuckles is PIS. Sonic defeats Chaos 0 by essentially punching him in the brain a few times. Sonic and Knuckles are comparable. When Chaos 0 is the one to get the jump on Knuckles (who he's already gotten familiar with fighting, at this point), he knocks him flat. It's not like Chaos 0 is ever treated as completely useless compared to the protagonists.

"every other Planet level feat performed by Sonic"

Such as?

While the brain could be very strong it must still be at least somewhat or even far weaker then Chaos 0. (Still in the 5-B range though considering it wasn't one hit killed by Sonic.)

TeenAngel101 said:
Brains are fragile for humans, not for giant monsters powered by magic Emeralds.
Except this is the way that every iteration of Chaos is defeated in the entire game. Even Perfect Chaos is only defeated by Super Sonic flying inside and attacking his brain.

Defeating the Egg Dragon

Destroying Dark Gaia's eyes

Defeating an Egg Robot empowered by a planet's biosphere

Defeating Emerl who destroy the Space Colony Ark and was stated to have the power to destroy the planet

Defeating Perfect Chaos in Base Form in Generations (which, btw, he also tanked attacks from)

@Teen

Modern Sonic is far stronger then Adventure Sonic and is strong enough to defeat Perfect Chaos while Adventure Sonic only accomplished in his Super Form. You [and i] are kinda just restating information already from the Sonic page.

You are talking about a Sonic who has grown roughly 19 thousand times stronger since then while we are talking about Adventure Sonic. Sorry about that.

@TeenAngel101

Egg Dragoon: I have no idea why this thing is scaled to Dark Gaia, as it is clearly shown to be absolute fodder. Using part of something's power doesn't make you equal on all levels.

Dark Gaia: Mentioned above. Sonic can't do anything to any part of Dark Gaia except for its eyes. Doing the equivalent of jabbing someone much stronger than you in the eye with a toothpick doesn't mean you're comparable.

Biosphere-powered robot: Mentioned above. High 6-A feat, which I have no problem with.

Emerl: Debunked above.

Perfect Chaos in Generations: Widely considered PIS for a long time, now. Base Sonic is not superior to something drawing on all seven Chaos Emeralds. I have no idea why it's still listed on his profile. In fact, the only way to say this isn't PIS is if we assume Perfect Chaos' brain did not get a durability increase from his previous forms.

"That doesn't mean that his brain is weak. It means he can't damage the rest of his body."

It means his brain is vulnerable, which makes it a weak point compared to virtually every other part of his being.

Yep. Most likely plot induced stupidity (though we shouldn't rashly assume) and a bit of my argument is in the mere assumption that it is not P.I.S.

I don't really think it's completely plausible for Base Sonic to overcome something drawing in the energy of all seven chaos emeralds.

I could find feats that involve Sonic being 5-A other then Perfect Chaos but they most likely might not even exist considering Azzy's statement thus concluding it as a probable outlier. (maybe even definitive outlier)

It might be best if we wait for Dark649 to have the time to respond.

I don't have any real input, but I remember Executor posting a scan from Lost World that said one of Eggmans contraptions was going to destroy the planet.

So, I started thinking about how Chaos' durability works. At first, I thought that all attacks just go through the water, but then I remembered Chaos 0 resisted bullets.

https://youtu.be/NMGHwX7ojj8?t=1m5s

I would assume that Perfect Chaos would have an even greater durability, especially since he grows scales and horns. Since Modern Sonic could break through the exterior to reach the brain, he could scale to that feat.

https://youtu.be/QMopx-E4la0?t=1h14m55s

The bullets didn't bounce off it, though. They went inside of Chaos, and then it let them all fall out at once.

Though it shows several points throughout the game in which it alters its own form's solidity, so that's not unusual.

^ While the bullets didn't bounce off, Chaos did stop the bullets while they were in his body.

i've got some feats sonic has done:

Erazor Djinn used his magic to become more powerful by absorbing the power of the book (the world of the arabian nights) as shahra stated in the first cutscene. (this has nothing to do with the world rings since he doesn't even have them yet)

https://youtu.be/SgAWL-qNPOw?t=58s

still loses to base sonic...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB_bhZglckc

also adventure sonic was able to do this: https://youtu.be/1qpHLT9KvRI?t=32s

btw didn't he pull off any planetary feats in forces?

One thing, in Sonic Lost World uses Life Energy and not the biosphere and this is a feat planet planet, in the Japanese version Eggman says that if the energy were released the whole planet would be destroyed (Unlike the American version that says only of an explosion of a few miles radius)

just scans. I believe the Earth as it was who was being affected during the game, in addition I do not remember Lost Hex being called a planet in the Japanese version, if I remember correctly it was referred to as some kind of continent.

SSGgoku123456 said:
i've got some feats sonic has done:
Erazor Djinn used his magic to become more powerful by absorbing the power of the book (the world of the arabian nights) as shahra stated in the first cutscene. (this has nothing to do with the world rings since he doesn't even have them yet)

https://youtu.be/SgAWL-qNPOw?t=58s

still loses to base sonic...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB_bhZglckc

also adventure sonic was able to do this: https://youtu.be/1qpHLT9KvRI?t=32s

btw didn't he pull off any planetary feats in forces?

Just checked back and watched the cutscene compilation. Yeah, the Extractor was going to destroy the world, but only under two conditions. The first was if the Extractor finished draining the planet entirely, which it didn't, and the second was if the machine was destroyed, as it would cause a backlash that would destroy the world.

During the final battle, Eggman fights Sonic with a robot powered by the life energy of the world that's been stolen. Considering that from what we see and what's implied, the surface of Earth has been drastically affected and heavily drained, it's a solid 6-A to High 6-A feat.

Another notable 6-A feat would be that a be that a stranded Eggman implied he could construct a device that would make the Lost Hex implode in on itself, but obviously that's with a bit of prep.

I do not remember Eggman saying that he would need to end up absorbing all the energy. All that Eggman said is that if Sonic destroyed the extractor it would cause an explosion and destroy the whole world. I do not think he would do that if the absorption were over because there would be no more way to save the world, I believe that Eggman referred to the condition at that moment of the extractor because it was never given the condition to absorb all the energy of the planet.

I'm not sure if I was clear enough in the above post, but I was saying that there are two specific conditions that would destroy the Earth, not that both needed to be fulfilled together. Destroying the Extractor after it fully drained the world wouldn't destroy the planet, because the planet would have already been destroyed.

Considering Darkspine is currently rated as Low 2-C for beating Alf Layla wa-Layla, who was going to destroy the Arabian Nights, I don't really think anything Erazor does can be considered "Planet level" under those circumstances.

alf layla wa layla was going to recreate the arabian nights AND reality in his own image.

Erazor Djinn just absorbed the power of the arabian nights.

The Arabian Nights world was his reality. Those were the stories of his world. Sharha even says that if he gets rid of those, he'd be able to access Sonic's world.

His original dialogue is "I will remake this world and all reality in my own image!".

This world = Arabian Nights

All reality = self explanatory

For some reason the English version changed it to "this reality".

SSGgoku123456 said:
is the japanese always original?
Not for everything, no. Though for Sonic and the Secret Rings, yes.

Fun fact: Secret Rings was created by the usual Japanese team, but was released in North America a little less than a month before they put it on the market in Japan.

The Japanese and English versions of Sonic have separate chronologies with many differences between them. I believe that here follows the Japanese chronologue of Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back