• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Retriever tries to get back a Demon Hunter (Dante vs Ban Midou)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok we got past the 4D Dante point. Now we have:

Jagan, Turning Circle and Angel Arm (for eventual blitz) vs Dante's AP

@Reby

But that's what every Godslayer in SMT does. So if it isn't how the verse does things, it isn't how it should be treated here.

Unless you want to tell me that everyone who reaches tier 2 in SMT immediately becomes a higher dimensional being because they go around punching 4-D demons.

WellKaltias said:
Unless you want to tell me that everyone who reaches tier 2 in SMT immediately becomes a higher dimensional being because they go around punching 4-D demons.
Well that would make more sense IMO, but since that's now how the verse works, then fine.

Firephoenixearl said:
If he has 4D powers, yes he can.
I reword:

"What I am saying is that a character who's 3-D cannot physically interact with a 4-D character."

But since this is not the case with SMT, I concede.

Firephoenixearl said:
We have already classified it. It's reality warping. It creates a virtual world so that it can fool you.
Good thing he has resistance over tha too on a way higher level then.

My previous point stays, he has resistance to all of that on a higher level and a way higher AP too and I really doubt Ban could close such a gap before getting glared to hard.

What exactly are you discussing up there? If Dante is 4-D or 3-D does not matter here, what matters is his wall of resistances.

I vote for Dante, he resist and breaths = dead Ban.

Not exactly. You can't resist the jagan. You are not getting affected. He's creating another world to fool you, he's not using reality warping on you. So no your point against the jagan doesn't stay.

Well glaring Ban too hard will actually end up killing Dante. Due to how Turning Circle inflicts wounds that were inflicted on the user. So Dante throws his sword. Ban gets decap-ed, except no, he seems to be fine, Dante is actually decaped. No, not attack reflection, it's inflicing only the wounds/damage the actual attack still hits Ban.

I didn't start it so idk, and no his wall of resistances is useless against the jagan and TC. I mean Akabane Kuroudo had a similar mentality, he thought "welp my wall of resistance is bigger than the amount of times Ban swears", but it still did him no good agains the jagan, same for Ginji Amano. Poor guys, they both thought Jagan can be resisted with normal resistances, little did they know that Ban still makes them dream no sweat.

Considering that Ban will actually be faster and faster, Dante's chance gets slimmer and slimmer, coming from the fact that Ban will passively get faster than him, while he has to actively attack him.

Firephoenixearl said:
Considering that Ban will actually be faster and faster, Dante's chance gets slimmer and slimmer, coming from the fact that Ban will passively get faster than him, while he has to actively attack him.
So Ban, who is only FTL in comparison to Dante's Immeasurable speed, wins via speed amping, since speed is equal.

HMMMMMM

RebubleUselet said:
So Ban, who is only FTL in comparison to Dante's Immeasurable speed, wins via speed amping, since speed is equal.

HMMMMMM
Kek, it's apparently fair via speed amp. xD

RebubleUselet said:
Firephoenixearl said:
Kek, it's apparently fair via speed amp. xD
Uh no, with speed unequal Ban wouldn't grow to Immeasurable, that's a blatant No-Limits Fallacy.
This is speed equal though. I never argued Ban goes to immesurable, nor implied that.

You know, I still don't think Turning Circle would work if you are EE from non existence and since Dante can do that with normal attacks.. welp

Also, if a slower character wins via speed amps in a speed equal mstch then I can't be added, doesn't matter if you ask me, Dante one shots.

It depends. If it's done via AP alone then yes it will work, if it's done via hax, likely no.

Moot point as Jagan will still be faster than Dante moving/attacking. So Dante attacking is a bit hard to happen.

Tony di bugalu said:
Dante resist RW so I still don't see your point.
>Resists Reality Warping

>Jagan as i explain for the 4th time is a world creating system, and doesn't directly affect Dante, it just creates a world for him.

Meh im tired of this.

Jagan is RW used to create a virtual World, Dante resist RW so he doesn't see any change.

Im tired of this too, in the end I vote for Dante and I will leave the others to decide.

Tony di bugalu said:
Jagan is RW used to create a virtual World, Dante resist RW so he doesn't see any change.
Im tired of this too, in the end I vote for Dante and I will leave the others to decide.
That's not how resistance to reality warping works. I'd like to see a scene of Dante resisting that you just said, cus that's not what "resistance to RW" usually means when on the profile. It means Ban can't reality warp Dante outta existence, but eh.

Firephoenixearl said:
I'd like to see a scene of Dante resisting that you just said
No scene of that, but the weakest demons are capable of that, and higher ones resist it due to simply being stronger than them.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Why vote? This is a stomp.
^^

If he resists than then yeah. Ban has no WC. That's not how RW resistance works, and SMT really needs a CRT if it's "being stronger and resist so he gains resistance" is a thing. But ok close this getting tired of GB threads.

Someone make a match for ma boi pls.

"being stronger and resist so he gains resistance" That is not why it is accepted protaganist can fight Demons. This why: "being stronger and resist so he gains resistance" That is not why it is accepted protaganist can fight Demons. This why: Matthew Schroeder said:
Well, it's not a 100% thing, All Haxes are negated via higher AP. That is a NLF, but it is true to a certain extent.
Higher Demons having authority over Lower Demons is generally true, but that's not where it comes from.

The Hax negating generally either comes from people like YHVH, or really high-end beings being completely unnaffected by the powers of any lesser god or demon, rendering them worthless before their sheer might. And also from the Protagonists no-selling and just punching / slicing anyone who opposes them.

Some very blatant examples of this include Kagutsuchi outright trying to erase the Demi-Fiend from Existence, and the Moirai Sisters trying to control his Fate, and both failing. There are others, such as the protagonists in Devil Survivor 2 fighting Polaris and Canopus who are the administrators of a little "Computer Program" called the Multiverse, and yet not being instantly deleted from the Software. Brahman is also shown controlling the Data of his reality, and the protagonists still manage to fight him. Odin's spear Gungnir shares the same property as the mythica Gungnir of never missing and always killing its opponent, but it is proven useless against stronger warriors.

There's also the fact that Human characters with Observation can blatantly nullify the powers of gods and demons through the way they are Perceived, such as when the Apocalypse Cast debased YHVH from his Throne as the One True Omnipotent God, and turned him into a "mere Demon". YHVH's powers were unable to match Human Observation.

Exactly my point on resistance. If it's done through AP it doesn't count. Same as why verses like DxD don't have resistance to everything below their AP.

It does not null "Dante resists" point. Dante can participate in the final boss battle like against Kagutsuchi and like the protagonists, he resists all Haxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back