• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A rat fights a cat? (7-0) (concluded)

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Rats hate cats. A rat saw a girl with cat-ear-shaped horns and wished to kill her before she would kill him.

They met at New York Central Park (picture) where Lucy was on ground level near some trees, seeing a hostile looking rat, Bug-Eaten, standing on the ground level near some trees too, starting at 60m apart. Lucy can see Bug-Eaten and sense that he is a hostile rat but cannot see Ratt as a stand. And Bug-Eaten cannot see Lucy's vectors.

Anime Lucy (4 vectors only) at 9-B is used. Speed equalised for now.

Rat - 7 (Xtasyamphetamine, Iapitus The Impaler, TacticalNuke002, Standuser081, Starter Pack, Calaca Vs, Ricsi-viragosi)

Cat - 0

Huh. Interesting. So, just for the record, to be clear here, would Lucy's vectors be affected at all by Bug-Eaten's darts? Because if not, then we may actually have a real debate here.

Brackets for tidier edits
(If the vectors of a Diclonius could not be molten by the darts, the case can be simpler: determine the shield size by Lucy, Lucy's charging speed and Ratt's reloading speed before and after speed equalisation, chances of Ratt hitting the body of Lucy before Lucy comes close and behead Bug-Eaten and... done.)
If the vectors could be molten by the darts, then it leads to other questions:

1) How fast can Lucy cut the melting vectors? (she must cut it before the melting part spreads since affected parts are non-regenerable unless with crazy regen like Crazy Diamond) and
2) How fast can she regrow those vectors?

However, given her vectors can move and vibrate like human nerves and can "manipulate neutrons", and is stated to be able to infect humans, her vectors should be akin to nerves. Nevertheless, the vectors can be covered by psychic force fields so hitting the nerves to cause decay may not be that easy as one may assume.

More importantly, my setting may be questioned: are Lucy's vectors equivalent to her stand by verse equalisation? Then Lucy can see the turret stand and dodge while charging to Bug-Eaten and hoping to behead the rat while Ratt can see Lucy's vectors and aim at the non-shielded parts of Lucy and snipe at her.

(If speed is unrestricted, imo Bug-Eaten would just snipe at Lucy and one-shot her before she could even pull on her vector shield, as she needs to think to create a force field and this means reaction time is consumed.)

I feel like Lucy's vectors are biological in nature, so Bug-Eaten will not be able to see it. But Bug-Eaten gets my vote for now, since it is actually quite clever. Lucy can use her forcefields to protect herself from a barrage of skin melting darts, but the rat's stand can ricochet its darts to hit Lucy while she's occupied.

Change my mind.

Vote counted

(Suddenly Ratt becomes the VSBW version of One Punch Man now...)

Vote counted

3 more for BE for a sweep

And nobody is thinking the nuclear kitty cat can win... except this is just slicing and dicing kitty cat.

Huh. The arguments seem...fairly logical. Unless there is another argument otherwise, then I'll vote Bug-Eaten FRA.

Vote added

Just a reminder: a rat moves at 3.61 m s-1 while Lucy moves at Mach 2.5 something. And Ratt is immobile while making a shot while Lucy can still move while defending.

By speed equalisation we are scaling down Lucy's speed to speed of BE instead of scaling BE's speed up to Lucy's right? ('coz the results will be totally different)

Standuser081 said:
Nah, we're scaling BE's speed to Lucy's.
Imo:

Scaling Lucy down would allow BE to fire more bullets (16-17 shots at a distance of 60m with Lucy's attack range of 2m) before Lucy closes the distances, while scaling BE up would allow it to shoot only once.

Since Ratt can still turn and rotate shooting angles while being immobile, Lucy dodging sideways will not allow her to get closer - this only gives the rat more chances in shooting at her.

So scaling Lucy down actually allows Rat to win as the above mentioned and votes need not be recounted.

I would like to hear: What makes you think that scaling BE up is better than scaling Lucy down.

Unless someone says otherwise, I am going to update another victory for Ratt in both profiles.

(Extra question: would you think the answer be very different if end of series Lucy is used? I think it would.)

Go ahead, its unanimous.

EoS Lucy would be a 50-50 victory chance for both as long as the range remains same and would depend on who hits first. If you give Lucy a greater range to fight from, BE gets wrecked.

Okay. Still something to seek for opinion while adding the result: How fast you all think the anti-Regenerationn factor of Ratt is?

(Jotaro was still alive surviving a few shots from BE having himself as a bait for Josuke to sneak attack BE.)

Can, say, any low-high Regenerationn character say "have an eff load on me" and just walk to BE and kill it?

It doesn't harm you, so there's nothing to regen from. Its ability is akin to transmutation which regen can't help no matter how high.

Its darts have a local effect melting a certain area of the body. Area = Body divisions like head, torso, limbs etc. distinguishable body sections.

Because they all devils resist mind hax maybe? It's like saying why no one uses guns in dragon balls. They are just ineffective in verse.

I think regen can help with that.

If you have good regen and remove the affected body section, you can regen it back. You can't regen back from melted form however.

I meant that Bug-Eaten's melting isn't harmful and doesn't kill unless you melt their head and they suffocate due to their respiratory tract melting. Organs retain their function, just that you are in melted form. Its like transmutation as I've explained.

What about if the Regenerationn user needs some artifacts (be it a virus, a flea or a marble) to regenerate and the Regenerationn speed is determined by something like emotions or biomass? Would that even matter?

(I believe if that hit can luckily hit those artifacts the host would be crippled if not directly killed. Also biomass dependent users should also suffer slow decay unless cutting that part out quick.)

Back