• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A possible High 2A key for Vecna

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Now this can be a controversial subject, but I'll just get down to it. In the Adventure Die Vecna Die, Vecna's master plan was to use the energies of the multiverse being destroyed to ascend to a level beyond the Gods. One of his servents even mentions that Vecna's ascension would put him above beings such as Ao. Now the main argument against such a rating is twofold

• It is a theoretical state that Vecna never achieves. Now we do have profiles with such ratings but most don't have the second issue
  • It is unconfirmed if the plan will fully work. One ending even stating that Vecna just can't ascend even with the energies of a collapsing multiverse
The second part is why I'm hesitant about such a upgrade. If it is accepted I think a "possibly" or "theortically" prefix would be needed

The thing is that it's not an addition to his Greater God key, but just a new key entirely. Which is why I'm unsure of such a thing. Unless "High 2A with successful ritual" is a thing that can be added

"Could potentially become High 2-A" is indeed a thing, especially since this was a confirmed possible outcome

So it would be a new key? Like "High 6A | Low 2-C | At least 2-A | potentiality High 2A"

So what would his powers be besides "previous but to a much higher degree"? Or would that just be It?

That would be it, yeah, to my knowledge. His resistances would be amped and his powers would be amped but that's about it.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this too.

Vecna should get this based on the fact that we accept multiple endings as cannon from other games, and we used the Immeasurable scaling for LoP.

In this case, Vecna should have a High 2-A key based on his victory and becoming the Ruler of all Creation.

Maybe.

I'm just kinda conflicted since we have no idea what would actually happen and the result of the party's failure is left for the DM to decide. Vecna's followers believe he'd become "the one true god", but the adventure states that it's just as likely that Vecna is actually wrong and he can't actually transcend the heirarchy of deities in the new multiverse.

"Could potentially become High 2-A" or something similar suggests not only that Vecna's plans all come to fruition, but also that he is in fact correct in regards to the outcome. The issue is that with the previous rating, "potentially" implies he has the potential to reach such a state, while the module tells us that this potential isn't even a guarantee and is left entirely up to the DM.

This is what makes me hesitant. It feels different from an adventure like Dead Gods, where the DM is given a very clear picture of how powerful Orcus becomes if they fail. Die Vecna Die! instead takes the route of "it's up to you", with the only certainty being the multiverse collapsing if everyone fails.

Yeah that was my issue when writing this. Unlike other potentially keys it's unconfirmed if Vecna could do it. The best I can think of giving it is "possibly High 2A" due it being a canonically possible new form.

I mean the book does say a canon option is that he rules over even Ao.

If possibly sounds better to you I'm fine with that, but the book does include a canon option for him to become High 2-A.

Just my two cents, of course.

So my suggestion would be "Possibly High 2A" along with "All previous but possibly higher" for his ability section

Back