• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Piccolo Moon destroying calc is way overdue by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming the moon is 30 feet, when It’s an analogue to the real one, instead of just assuming, moon is far away, therefore doesn’t look big(which applies to everything at a distance) is kinda weird. You are assuming the moon is tiny, rather than, the moon is far from earth.

Assuming the moon is 30 feet, when It’s an analogue to the real one, instead of just assuming, moon is far away, therefore doesn’t look big(which applies to everything at a distance) is kinda weird. You are assuming the moon is tiny, rather than, the moon is far from earth.
Ay yo what, is this the dude's argument?

Just checked. No, this has nothing to do with the OP.

The OP is asking for a calculation for a feat already considered valid. The discussion is about if the feat is even valid in the first place, plus the spider man stuff. There's also a lot of tangents about DB PS

This shouldn't be discussed here, period.

Just checked. No, this has nothing to do with the OP.

The OP is asking for a calculation for a feat already considered valid. The discussion is about if the feat is even valid in the first place, plus the spider man stuff. There's also a lot of tangents about DB PS

This shouldn't be discussed here, period.
You'd think he would know this first time around after I told him to make a CRT if he still had disagreements, but nah, he kept continuing it here.

I mean, yeah

moon size in manga. The size of the earth in the picture should also indicate that it's much closer

It was, until Spider-Man got brought up.

Now we're dealing with 33 m or something DBZ Moon shenanigans, Moon feat being an illusion because DBZ Kakarot and Toriyama's involvement in that despite the game having too many contradictions with the manga, Goku capping at 1370 lbs or some shit, something like that.

Example of goku struggling at 10x gravity, his weight is 137 pounds

I also gave up on the illusion and didn't mention it a single time in the latest post. I should have included the relevant images to prevent confusion.

I'm sorry, what the actual hell is going on here?

Is the discussion related to the OP?

I'm disputing the size of the moon because the difference between 33 meters and 3300km is massive. Putting forth evidence that suggests the feat is less than it is and to assume otherwise goes directly against the manga and since Toriyama isn't a reliable source I'm attempting to get SOMEONE to show some evidence against it. So far... nothing.

All it really takes is a non-contradictory example in the manga but so far all I've seen is Argument from Incredulity Logical Fallacy

But if single feats are going to be valued over entire arcs, it's safe to say. That considering it took nearly a third of an arc before goku could reliably move around in 100g and was visibly affected by 20g (2740 pounds)
20g

Also considering the fact that density and weight is implied in feats when this
big rock
small boulder
porous rock is a thing.

this is my main gripe and question, if you ignore everything else, please just answer this.
What this boils down to is, is it preferable to base the measurements upon things that's can't accurately be measured or on things that are not just single time feats with no real information behind them but entire arcs where literally every single thing about them is known mathematically?

I mean, baby goku tanks planet vegeta gravity with literally no issue. And that also has a times ten gravity of earth my knowledge

Still relates to the final question. If you have literal entire arcs, that contradict that information, can you accept it as canon?

Scratch that, Goku pushing that boulder is class M right? which means he can lift, with trouble, 2204620 pounds right? After all, that's the bare minimum for class M.

Which means, despite all of the evidence otherwise, king kais planet should have 16,210 times earths normal gravity, bare minimum.

Which one wins, is king kais planet 10x gravity, (boulder feat unreliable), or is it 16,210 times earths normal gravity (bare minimum threshold for class M)

well, its logic. Saiyan infants are born under times ten, therefore saiyan adults can tank times ten. So I’d prob say the king Kai thing is just Pis. Unless I’m wrong about the whole vegeta has ten times earths grav thing.

well, its logic. Saiyan infants are born under times ten, therefore saiyan adults can tank times ten. So I’d prob say the king Kai thing is just Pis. Unless I’m wrong about the whole vegeta has ten times earths grav thing.

Yeah, but existing isn't exactly the same thing as lifting yourself. He'd also lose that conditioning just like astronauts rapidly lose muscle in space.

This would affect all saiyans that leave the planet, so none of the current saiyans would have that conditioning, so it's a moot point.

He'd also lose that conditioning just like astronauts rapidly lose muscle in space.
Goku got stronger since then. Whether or not you are used to it doesn’t change the fact that his arms and legs, are stronger than they were when he was born. Therefore, he should be able to move anywhere with conditions similar to his og homeWorld. in space, astronauts do indeed get weaker. However, goku got stronger despite being in a planet with weaker gravity, which is the exact opposite.

In the db minus manga, goku sat up, raised his arms At the age of three. So adult goku struggling to jump in the exact same conditions should be pis. That’s my interpretation anyhow.

7 pounds times 0.053 (gets percentage) times 10 = 3.71 pounds

D seeming the most likely, as that's a fairly small feat, I think we can assume that him lifting 3.71 pounds with one arm is insignificant in this comparison.

So again, where he was born, or the fact that he could lift less than 4 pounds is irrelevant. Why is this a thing?

Also, the feat is body weight, which is different depending on body weight, heavier = stronger

It's the same way with the world map though,

either you go with what you can see, which is not happening... because 33 meters.

you go with what the creator says is canon, just got told no on that one.

you go by what characters say and references like tao pai pais 2300km jump to karins tower setting the map to be roughly earth sized
or the son family home being 1000km away from satan city, which makes the world go from 40k km to around 8k to 9k km.
So that one's obviously a bust.

but since those are conflicting and unreliable as almost everyone contradicts each other constantly.

Also, saying nobody can beat him is patently false right? Supreme Kai is said to be at the level where he could beat freiza with a single punch, is king kai unaware of the supreme kais? Impossible to believe considering it was basically his direct supervisor/boss. Again, dramatized dialogue from the peanut gallery is hard to take seriously.

An average mountain has a volume of 18414 cubic kilometers
The moon has a volume of 21,968,000,000 cubic kilometers if it's the same as earth.

Why would the show even bother to show the hole in a mountain, when even if he disappeared the mountain completely it was be weaker by a factor of 1,193,005.
When you combine the fact that the original moon was destroyed by master roshi with a power level about of about 15% of the power displayed by the scouter when piccolo first used the special beam cannon.

So the display of power that's emphasized in the anime is roughly 0.002% of the power master roshi displayed near the very beginning of dragon ball? Seriously?

I guess the tried and true way of figuring out power levels is to just max it out to the highest possible, even if it's off by a factor of 50,000?

Actually.... nevermind, I just found the spider-man page that says he moves faster than the speed of light and has attack potency high enough to destroy a solar system, the more I look around, the more I see people taking idioms and meanings way out of context. 2 seconds, gimme a sec, I'll be there in a sec. All idioms.

The one example given for 2 seconds to travel 5 miles shows the trail he takes, with parabolic arcs that can show you his movement speed based upon the size of an average building and can be guessed based upon distance traveled, height reached on the jump and the acceleration due to gravity. Unless spiderman has gravity manipulation to make himself fall far faster than he should be able to, it's vastly overestimated.

lol seriously, what is this? I can't tell if this is a satire or not, someone being solar system level purely because an author didn't want a hero to be stomped into the ground like a bug because of a power difference. It just looks like people are taking everyone from plot protection for the protagonist to idioms, expressions, exaggerations or straight up off-hand commands as gospel. Hopefully someone doesn't say "Another day, another dollar" and someone assumes they make 12 cents an hour.

More looking around and I see people going to over superhuman levels for surviving 40 meter falls. Look up Vesna Vulovic or Alan Magee, hell, the guy that made top ten, james boole, was 6000 feet. These were all base humans, nothing peak, most probably not even athlete. I very seriously doubt some random flight attendant would be small building level.

I think I'm going to have
Friend you know that dragon ball uses mostly ap destructive power that LS is only force uplift the feat is pure ap and does not show it moon dragon ball when it was still comic manga and if so, the mangakas are not scientific obviously they do not draw to scale

Honestly, I'm wondering if I should just close this thread since it seems concluded then got derailed with pure nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back