• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A lots of Mario missing powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Since Mario had a revision of his tier, go for a adding of powers:

Body Control: Mario can contort in many impossible positions (like being himself a hammer-sized ball) or just shrink with a hammer blow. Paper Mario do this a lot of times too

Enhanced senses: Can talk to plant, I Spy, his nose sense trouble

Shapeshifting: This

Size Manipulation: Dottie, Shrink stomp

Longevity: Mario has witnessed two Star Festivals, which take place once every 100 years. Also he should be omparable to Peach and Bowser, who would live on for 10,000 more years after Bowser created his own universe

Type 4 immortality: Queen Jadeys said she would make sure to tip the scales in their favor if they had a Game Over

Summoning: Pocket Chomp , Zee Egg , Ennemy Cards

Water Manipulation not only with F.L.U.U.D: Watering Ca , Faucet ,Tea Pot , Squirt Gu

Sound Manipulation: Trumpet , Violi , Guitar , Piccolohttps://www.mariowiki.com/Piccolo , badges Attack FX A/B/C/D/E/G/P/R

Electricity Manipulation: Volt Shroom , Zap Tap , Watch Battery , D-Cell Battery , Car Battery

Light Manipulation: Lightbulb , Flashlight , Searchlight

Attack Reflection: Do this with his hammer and racket in Mario & Luigi games and Mario Tennis Aces. Tail card also do this. Barry. Powder Puff and Sponge

Power Nullification:Star Beam

Reality Warping, Weather Manipulation, and Mind Contro: Music Keys, already debate and acceptate, but never added in anyone page.

Space Manipulation: Fleep, possibly Sewing Clippers , Hair Shears , Scissors , Tailor's Shears

Analyse: Peekaboo, Tippi , Tiptro

Pseudo-resurrection: Gumption Socks, LV2 Duo Card (Mario+Peach)

Explosion Manipulation: Trophy , Boomer

One Hit Kill: Showstopper ,Bump attack , Spin Attack , First Attack

Sealing: Catch Card , Catch Card SP

Probability Manipulation: Pretty Luck ,Lucky Day , Lucky Start , Close Call

Bypass durability: Piercing Blow , D-Down Jump , D-Down Pound , Art Attack , Supernova

Sleep Manipulation: Sleepy Stomp , Lullaby , Baahammer (and his ameliorations)

Resistance to Size Manipulation: Feeling Fine protect of all statuts effect, which include Shrink/Tiny

Resistance to Time-Stop: Feeling Fine protect of all statuts effect, which include Stop

Resistance to Petrification: Do this in New Super Mario Bros, already debate and acceptate, but never added (I'll search the video with this)

Resistance to Fate Manipulation: Win against Super Dimention, when the Dark Prognosticus (which influence fate) said that the heroes will lose against the Dark One.

Resistance to Void Manipulation: Tanked the Void, even if he wasn't at his full power

Time Paradox Immunity: Involved to be the "Mr Pipe" helping Baby Mario / Luigi, the events of Patner in Time and Yoshi's Island 2 had no repercussion on him

You can ask Dino Ranger Black to comment here.

There's a few things here that I don't agree with, though I'm on phone so bare with me

Enhanced Senses: his nose being a trouble sniffer doesn't seem reliable to me. The other things I'm fine with tho it should be noted that this isn't really combat applicable

Shapeshifting: That's not an actual feat; forgot the context but I'm pretty sure it's just Mario explaining things. It's a cinematic choice most likely

Longevity: this contradicts Mario's known age (star fesitval) and I'm not sure if longevity is something that scales. 50/50 on this one

Immortality: Somewhat agree, though does this directly refer to Mario coming back alive? Again, context is appreciated

Power null, space manip and Attack reflection: these all require outside help (except attack reflection with hammers etc but it's more limited) from pixls and star spirits respectively. I don't think Mario has been shown to do these specific abilities without outside help (again, stuff like space manip with scissors is fine)

Resistance to fate manip: yes, but only with the pure hearts

Time paradox immunity: yes, this should apply to the toads, Luigi, bowser and elder princess shroob too (survived in a timeline where she had already been defeated)

I agree with the other stuff, though I don't agree with Mario getting new abilities based off of powers that companions/pixls use etc. They're separate characters

Oh and summoning the zeekeeper isn't canon btw. The zee egg is a bonus item and makes as much sense as Bowser having a beefed up version of himself inside his own body

GyroNutz said:
I agree with the other stuff, though I don't agree with Mario getting new abilities based off of powers that companions/pixls use etc. They're separate characters
We already consider power of companions and pixels like Mario powers for what I see, the ancient Paper Mario profile had the spirit stars powers and the actual Mario power has possession via Cappy.

I think Cappy fits more in with the 'equipment that happens to talk and be sentient' category (I.e. Fludd) than the 'follow you around and assist you with my abilities' category. I don't think character that fit with the latter should be considered a Mario ability.

I'd also like to add another ability btw

Fear Manipulation for Elder Princess Shroob (peach faints from fear when EPS powers up): https://youtu.be/j1OljXCs_QY

Resistance to Fear Manipulation for Mario and Luigi (they were unfazed by it)

Does it work now?

In case it doesn't, it links to 2:30 of a video on the Elder Princess shroob battle

Some of these abilities are already implemented with a few in the form of another power-up/item. Plus, alot of these abilities are either not what they suggested, too sketchy, or is rather limited to a completely different character that just happens to be with Mario with too many conditions to be of use.

The abilities that seems valid are the attack reflection, electricity manipulation, time paradox immunity, and some of the resistances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back