• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A likely error in our Regeneration page

We use severe damage which i guess fits it, but we don't have minor brain damage added on low-mid.

To summarize the head part, i think we should say "blown/cut to pieces, brain included" for high-mid and add "some users may regenerate from a severed head" on mid, as i said, that feat is not a level of complexity above brain damage, is just wider organs and tissue damage.

Last edited:
We use severe damage which i guess fits it, but we don't have minor brain damage added on low-mid.
Okay. I don't mind if we add that for Low-Mid regeneration then.
To summarize the head part, i think we should say "blown/cut to pieces, brain included" for high-mid
That seems like a good idea to me. It would be an improved requirement in my view.
and add "some users may regenerate from a severed head" on mid, as i said, that feat is not a level of complexity above brain damage, is just wider organs and tissue damage
I am not sure in this case. I would appreciate further staff input regarding this and your other suggestions.

I saw a reply about vampire having their heart as a weak spot and it makes me wonder about something

Let's say this vampire can regen every part of their body except their heart, such as their could regen from being atomized as long as said heart is intact. Would we grant that vampire High-Mid or Low-High/Mid-High/High (Not sure on which one fits better) but a limited version of it?

I think it would be high with a weakeness, since he is deing with all the other levels of complexity, heart is less important that brain, but he has a weak spot

To me I always thought that was something like this:

Reattaching a severed head: Low Mid

Brain Damage: Case by case (either Low Mid or Mid)

Vertical Bisection: Mid

So regenerating the entire body from a severed head should be something like baseline level of High-Mid. Compared to vertical bisection, one regenerates more parts of their body starting from a smaller part but not as small as an organ or a finger which seems to be the highest level of High-Mid

Problem is, mid already deals with everything it needs to for regenerating your body from the neck down.

organs, veins, muscles, tissue and bones.

Healing from a severed head is just doing all of that at once, which is why i think it should be mid, as high-mid would fit better with your brain being damaged as well as your body, like coming back from a finger

So regenerating the entire body from a severed head should be something like baseline level of High-Mid. Compared to vertical bisection, one regenerates more parts of their body starting from a smaller part but not as small as an organ or a finger which seems to be the highest level of High-Mid
From what I know, regenerating from brain damage has Mid for a while by definition for years. I shared similar thoughts on the other points.

From what I know, regenerating from brain damage has Mid for a while by definition for years. I shared similar thoughts on the other points.
Severe brain damage (Like having half your head lopped off or just having it be split in half or even losing a big-enough chunk of it) is easily Mid.

Prolly thin holes through the head (Like bullet wounds) could easily be Low-Mid at the bare minimum.

True, but the distinction is not as big as people think. Damage to the brain is far easier to distinguish than most other case-by-case basis feats.

Having half your head lopped off or having the major parts of it blown off (Like say, majority of the cerebrum or cerebellum) is easily Mid, hands down.

So is it fine if I make the change that I suggested originally here?

This is fine with me.

Yeah, that's like, the baseline mid. The brain damage definitions were more recent additions I did after a thread, because general brain damage was never covered in the Regeneration page that existed for a while. It being Low-Mid to Mid is good.

Just to remind everybody what is currently said in our Regeneration page:

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a severed head, a single organ, or a finger.

I want the "severed head" part for High-Mid to be removed.
To summarize the head part, i think we should say "blown/cut to pieces, brain included" for high-mid and add "some users may regenerate from a severed head" on mid, as i said, that feat is not a level of complexity above brain damage, is just wider organs and tissue damage.
I still just want us to make a constructive clarification here, not a complete overhaul of our system that requires massive amounts of work to correct afterwards.

Meaning, here is my suggested text:

"High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a single organ, or a finger."

Alternately:

"High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger."

That is it. That is all that we need to do here as far as I am concerned.

I am perfectly fine with that.

Is this acceptable?

"High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart."

You actually are redefining High-Mid regen, there, because now the regeneration of the brain is explicitly necessary and it wasn't beforehand. There are pages that this would affect. That also goes against the previously defined idea that regenerating from just a severed head is baseline High-Mid.

Last edited:
As I mentioned previously, the main issue is that regenerating from a severed head is currently listed for both Mid and High-Mid Regeneration, and I want there to be a much better clarified and more logical progression of severity for the different levels, given that a fully intact brain generally means an intact physical consciousness to recover from.

Last edited:
Here is what we currently use:

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.
High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a severed head, a single organ, or a finger.
Low-High: The ability to regenerate from having no solid parts of the body remaining. This can range from a puddle or drop of blood to even a single cell. For robots and machines, this can also include regenerating from a liquid state.

And here is what I want us to use:

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart.
Low-High: The ability to regenerate from having no solid parts of the body remaining. This can range from a puddle or drop of blood to even a single cell. For robots and machines, this can also include regenerating from a liquid state.

As you can see, there is a much more logical progression of severity in this manner.

Last edited:
No, i have seen several characters with low tier regen not having it, i'm pretty sure low-mid is the minimun since it the level in which you can rpoperly regen from many wounds that basically are impeding death, like organ damage or limb loss.

No, i have seen several characters with low tier regen not having it, i'm pretty sure low-mid is the minimun since it the level in which you can rpoperly regen from many wounds that basically are impeding death, like organ damage or limb loss.
I've seen some regen where people can heal from being vaped but still die of old age. So IDK.

But usually, High-Low to Low-Mid regen usually works at the bare minimum to give you Immortality Type 3.

As I mentioned previously, the main issue is that regenerating from a severed head is currently listed for both Mid and High-Mid Regeneration, and I want there to be a much better clarified and more logical progression of severity for the different levels, given that a fully intact brain generally means an intact physical consciousness to recover from.
I believe it was clarified by Armorchompy to not be the case.
I don't think so. That's regrowing more than 91% of your body mass, including a huge amount of nervous tissue, considering the spine has almost as much as the brain itself.

I've seen some regen where people can heal from being vaped but still die of old age. So IDK.

But usually, High-Low to Low-Mid regen usually works at the bare minimum to give you Immortality Type 3.
Yeah, I think High-Low should be the bare minimum.

I believe it was clarified by Armorchompy to not be the case.
Well, it is still the by far most important organ for maintaining the human consciousness. Growing a body back from a severed head is nowhere near in the same league of regeneration as rebuilding an entire body from a finger.

Here is what we currently use:

And here is what I want us to use:

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart.

As you can see, there is a much more logical progression of severity in this manner.
@AKM sama @DontTalkDT

I would greatly appreciate your input here.

It isn't listed as both Mid and High-Mid, you're just misinterpreting it. I'm not against downgrading it but this will result in a workload. Ryuuko, for example, is listed as High-Mid there, but I don't believe she has any combat-applicable High-Mid regen feats under the new scale. They'd be Low-Mid or Mid.
Well, it is still the by far most important organ for maintaining the human consciousness. Growing a body back from a severed head is nowhere near in the same league of regeneration as rebuilding an entire body from a finger.
Regenerating from being blown to bits isn't in the same league either, but they're both High-Mid.

Last edited:
One of them says "heal from decapitation" and the other says from "a severed head". That definitely sounds like different words for the same thing to me, and will likely be interpreted the same way by most others reading it.

Also, I think that the version that I suggested would give a much more logical progression.

Please explain if you disagree, as I do not understand why you seem opposed to this.

Back