• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All ik is that Obs is barely helping him this fight, cause as the fight goes on he's gonna get barraged and lose focus.

But Luffy never/rarely used it against Doffy? (unless like i said im remembering the fight wrong)

Don't sleep on Doffy. He immobilized Jozu, effortlessly defeated Atmo -- One of Whitebeard's commanders. Defeated Sanji with little difficulty, stomped law so hard that he looked like a marine solider in comparison.

But Luffy never/rarely used it against Doffy? (unless like i said im remembering the fight wrong)
Luffy did use it against Doffy, the manga/anime just didn't spoon feed it you that they were both fighting each other with observation since it's a technique that only happens in their head.

I'm not trying to downplay Luffy, but I see Garou redirecting all of Luffy's attacks from Long, and Close range. I also see Garou winning in a h2h fight. Garou, in character uses WICF in fights, so if Luffy gets hit with it, I see Luffy slowing down temporarily. Luffy at this point won't be able to use Future Sight, and Garou can also evolve mid-fight.

Tbh, Garou's skill and endurance are mostly used as a way to keep himself alive in near stomp situations until his Reactive evolution can allow him to surpass the enemy...
But, while in the webcomic he manages to defeat darkshine and then takes advantage of the lack of monsters and heroes to fall asleep for like an hour or two, in the manga after the fight becomes one-sided in his favor, Garou ends up losing control of his transformation and is seemingly incapped to the point Darkshine himself offers him help.
Wouldn't that be a big problem here?
He became that way because Darkshine pushed him to the point of breaking his limiter. I don't see Luffy being that vastly above him in ap in gear 3rd to be able to replicate that. Even if he could, Garou would still evolve, and Garou would go out of control after the fight finishes.

I'm not trying to downplay Luffy, but I see Garou redirecting all of Luffy's attacks from Long, and Close range. I also see Garou winning in a h2h fight. Garou, in character uses WICF in fights, so if Luffy gets hit with it, I see Luffy slowing down temporarily. Luffy at this point won't be able to use Future Sight, and Garou can also evolve mid-fight.
I agree with everything but Luffy's precog will still help him to dodge Garou's attacks too since he is able to view the immediate future which is useful in a fight involving a quick exchange of attacks. But yeah, I think Garou takes this due to having no problems with Luffy's attacks and eventually evolving until he can beat Luffy.

I agree with everything but Luffy's precog will still help him to dodge Garou's attacks too since he is able to view the immediate future which is useful in a fight involving a quick exchange of attacks. But yeah, I think Garou takes this due to having no problems with Luffy's attacks and eventually evolving until he can beat Luffy.
"With Immense Focus and Desperation." In my mind, I see Luffy having to do something like this. Garou won't let him do that.

Well, if that's the case. Then I vote Garou (I would see a tiny bit of chance, if G4 wasn't restricted, but anyways)

Didn't fishman Luffy ez dodge the water bullets, I thought that was a showing of his observation haki?

Well, if that's the case. Then I vote Garou (I would see a tiny bit of chance, if G4 wasn't restricted, but anyways)
G4 Luffy would turn the fight completely around since the moment Luffy transforms he will outspeed and have a massive AP advantage against Garou

Didn't fishman Luffy ez dodge the water bullets, I thought that was a showing of his observation haki?
Yeah, that's observation haki. Similarly how Satori easily dodged Luffy's Gatling, and Enel caught both Luffy's fists before he could attack with the Gatling (essentially a barrage of 100 fists).

Yeah, that's observation haki. Similarly how Satori easily dodged Luffy's Gatling, and Enel caught both Luffy's fists before he could attack with the Gatling (essentially a barrage of 100 fists).
Yeah then for the beginning of the fight, Luffy and Garou will be able to handily dodge each others attacks then

Meh, he sometimes makes interesting arguments and also provides links 24/7 which is useful since I'm not caught up with OP manga

I don't see garou passive evolution working against someone relative to him in power,where is speed/ap amp coming from???

Gear 3rd has higher AP, though Garou can just redirect it, then hit Luffy with the same power.
Except garou is at the point of death/completely overpowered he has never been showed to evolve in a match against someone with higher ap than him

Except garou is at the point of death/completely overpowered he has never been showed to evolve in a match against someone with higher ap than him
LMAO, Garou literally activated reactive evolution against a character who oneshot him so hard he thought he was going to get killed and subsequently smashed his ribs a part, if it wasn't for regeneration or immortality type 2, Garou would have died and yet he still could use his reactive evolution to bully said character that did that to him

Gear 3rd has higher AP, though Garou can just redirect it, then hit Luffy with the same power.
Well, a few corrections. Luffy's blunt force trauma is 6-C, also wouldn't Luffy's danger senses and precognition altering him to Garou's attack reflection ability?

Well, a few corrections. Luffy's blunt force trauma is 6-C, also wouldn't Luffy's danger senses and precognition altering him to Garou's attack reflection ability?
I mean, the redirection point still stands. I don't see how Luffy can counter not getting redirected other than just not throwing the punch.

If you are wondering why 6-c blunt force trauma. They never bothered to add an additional durability section for Luffy's blunt force trauma (I discussed this with Tempest and Emit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back