• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that, that's my argument.
Yes, you did. You blatantly stated that i proved with my previous arguments "unpredictability = Skills" , don't try to pretend that wasn't your whole reason for constantly misinterpreting everything i said. (At least you could admit it)

Why are my arguments completely taken out of context. When did I exactly claim "unpredictability = skilled". I said that's one of Luffy's main strengths, I explicitly said copying other people fighting styles isn't as impressive as you think because there exist characters in one piece they can do that as well. But do any of them outskill Luffy, Zoro or Sanji? Zoro's two years training consisted of fighting against intelligent monkeys who perfectly imitated his three swords style after seeing it once. Even Mihawk was like "mah monkeys could beat you Young man", the same Zoro who had achieved the pinnacle of swordsmanship. But I'll elaborate a bit more on skills, because this is already too long.
I replied to Elixer's comment not yours. Please calm down.
Look at these scans and tell me that most of his fights were just Luffy punching harder and faster, GG. Beginning of the Grandline Luffy can fight equally with Zoro, whose abilities he's extremely vulnerable to. Most of Luffy's foes said the same thing "so, you are Rubber. I'll just resort to sharp weapons, etc". Luffy would have never defeated Crocodile, Enel (until he started losing composure again), and plenty of more enemies if it wasn't for the fact that Luffy's creativity, battle smartness and incredible mobility (also a plot armor against crocodile but shh) he wouldn't have never defeated them, you are telling me punching harder worked on Arlong when he tanked Luffy's combo and shrugged it off.
Garou is more skilled.

Garou should be more skilled than Luffy tbh

His ability to be able to copy Bomb's entire fighting style when his only experience with it was by getting beat the shit out of by it while coming out of a fight that severely exhausted him, was also poisoned, got beat the shit out of by Genos and also had a fever prior to all of this (and was beaten the shit out of too).

He copies it on a level that is advanced despite the fact that Bomb has trained his martial arts for decades all the way up until now where he is now as a man in his mid 80's at least.

He proceeds to then learn Bang and Bomb's combined technique that they both spent time perfecting for what seems like decades too considering they are brothers and did the same for their individual fighting styles. And he copies this technique that is meant for only the two strongest martial artists to preform on his own with no difficulty without ever seeing Bang and Bomb do it and without even knowing anything about the technique or any steps on how to get there.

Garou prior to his introduction to the story also went around casually stomping other martial arts dojos and it's implied that he hardly or never used his own martial arts form to defeat them and even later on down the line it is revealed Garou has retained several of those martial arts styles and shows the ability to be able to merge those techniques.

Garou even fights against Orochi whose abilities consist of flailing around miniature fire breathing dragons that constantly spray fire while also copying his martial arts style too in a random fashion, although Orochi was holding back, we can see that Garou stayed in the fight for an extremely long time meaning that he had experience against Orochi's fighting style which I would consider to be very random imo.

Garou's reactive evolution is also extremely potent as he went from getting blitzed and oneshot by a fullpower Darkshine to literally bullying him throughout the fight and even deflecting one of his punches with his thumb, he essentially can turn a stomp around with his reactive evolution in a small amount of time

Yes, you did. You blatantly stated that i proved with my previous arguments "unpredictability = Skills" , don't try to pretend that wasn't your whole reason for constantly misinterpreting everything i said. (At least you could admit it)
Huh? I admit that I may have put words in your mouth. But I'm saying that I, myself, don't believe that unpredictability = Skills. The reason for possibly misinterpreting you was probably because I assumed that you had said that you do believe that.

Regardless we're getting off track.

I replied to Elixer's comment not yours. Please calm down
I am calm. Or where did you jump to the conclusion that I was attacked you personally? I was just wondering where people suddenly got the idea that "unpredictability = skills" when that was just me listing off luffy's strength. Because that would also imply "precognition = skilled".
Huh? I admit that I may have put words in your mouth. But I'm saying that I, myself, don't believe that unpredictability = Skills. The reason for possibly misinterpreting you was probably because I assumed that you had said that.
I never did lel. My first argument covered up almost all Skill Arguments, the second argument was meant to list off Luffy's abilities. Otherwise, I would have covered "Unpredictability" in my first argument.

Gotcha gotcha

I definitely got in the heat of the moment there, I apologize
It's fine I guess. I felt kinda overwhelmed by people misinterpreting my arguments, while responding to each of them. Well, even if I were to give an explanation why Luffy defeated his foes not just with sheer strength and speed, but skills. It hardly matters, because that would like trying to prove that Anime girls can become real. So I'll admit, Luffy is outskilled here.

Well either way, Unpredictability isn't much of an issue for Garou, and Garou is also far more skilled than Luffy. The only wincon I can really see for Luffy is Observation haki, which you could make an argument that Garou's "Adaptability" can cover.

Anyways Garou's biggest problem is Armament and Observation Haki and possibly G3 (though I'm hearing he could redirect it?)

Luffy's Haki should definitely still be superior to everything Garou has in terms of reacting, but I don't know if Garou is that far off (I could be wrong here).

And for Armament, Garou has no answers here, it's a battle of stamina here, which Luffy seems to have more stamina but I highly doubt its that much more.

Voting luffy,blunt force resistance,Regen negation,resistance to pierce damage via armament haki,better sense,higher ap and durability

Does gear 2nd have a quatifiable speed amp???

Anyways Garou's biggest problem is Armament and Observation Haki and possibly G3 (though I'm hearing he could redirect it?)

Luffy's Haki should definitely still be superior to everything Garou has in terms of reacting, but I don't know if Garou is that far off (I could be wrong here).
Observation is better since Luffy sees the literal future, however Garou's continuously evolved instinctive reactions and analytical prediction that enables him to predict multiple actions someone can take shouldn't be lagging behind.
And for Armament, Garou has no answers here, it's a battle of stamina here, which Luffy seems to have more stamina but I highly doubt its that much more.
Why would Garou have no answers for armament? He has durability negation and can also reflect the punches so if there is something missing then please explain.

Garou has other methods beyond Bomb's fighting style of ignoring conventional durability, such as when he attacks Darkshine whose durability > Garou's AP to the point where Garou can do no clear damage yet he is able to cause internal bleeding through his strikes

Observation is better since Luffy sees the literal future, however Garou's continuously evolved instinctive reactions and analytical prediction that enables him to predict multiple actions someone can take shouldn't be lagging behind.
Does fishman island luffy have future sight???? Analytic prediction is useless against an unpredictable character

Like is it his normal punches or something?

EDIT: nvm WCIF
He can also strike Darkshine, someone who Garou scales to AP wise who is incapable of harming himself yet is capable of making him bleed internally through an unnamed technique

Tbh, Garou's skill and endurance are mostly used as a way to keep himself alive in near stomp situations until his Reactive evolution can allow him to surpass the enemy...
But, while in the webcomic he manages to defeat darkshine and then takes advantage of the lack of monsters and heroes to fall asleep for like an hour or two, in the manga after the fight becomes one-sided in his favor, Garou ends up losing control of his transformation and is seemingly incapped to the point Darkshine himself offers him help.
Wouldn't that be a big problem here?

Limited durability? How exactly does it work. I mean, it's not the first time that Luffy tanked various Durability negation abilities such as 3x Seimei kikan straight to his stomach and 2x impact dial.

Post-time skip Luffy also tanks Busoshoku Haki punches, so idk.

Limited durability? How exactly does it work. I mean, it's not the first time that Luffy tanked various Durability negation abilities such as 3x Seimei kikan straight to his stomach and 2x impact dial .
I just requested a change, because someone who has the same ability as Garou has this: Shockwave Generation and Durability Negation (Via Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist, it sends shockwaves into the body that slice the target apart from the inside)

Does fishman island luffy have future sight???? Analytic prediction is useless against an unpredictable character
I mean that Luffy can see the immediate future.

And Garou's analytical prediction allowed him to somewhat fight against Orochi who attacks by randomly flailing around hundreds of dragons that each had martial arts and breathed fire at the same time while Orochi was also shooting out his horns at Garou and breathing out his own fire

I seriously doubt Luffy's fighting style is that unpredictable

But I doubt it'll help much, seeing his fight with Doffy he rarely used it (unless im remembering incorrectly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back