• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The best martial artists in vs battle wiki ranked

Martial Arts prodigy, can analyze fight styles and steal techniques extremely quickly, can predict attacks from those faster than him, very good at fighting people stronger than himself, etc.

This guy is literally a monster when it comes to martial arts... Like... above and beyond probably anything you can think of it'd be hard to list all the things he could do lol

This guy is arguably the best martial artist on the entire site. He has excellent copy abilities like Garou but to an even greater degree (Can literally copy like... anything he's ever seen). He has extensive martial arts knowledge (I mean, just look through the profile), and he constantly outskills others with crazy skill as well, including like... many, many clones of them.

Idk much about Batman but... I'd reckon he'd be up there with some of the greats on this wiki.

I can't believe we didn't already mention this one but Son Goku and other DB characters... my guy literally can fight dudes with millions of years of martial arts experience who are literally classified as Gods, has years of experience and insane skills and can copy martial arts and techniques like the kamehameha which took roshi the best martial artist on earth 50 years to master. Oh I did I forget to mention that he mastered a technique in 48 minutes that the Gods who live for millions of years cannot even obtain? Yeah he needs to be here.

I'm bringing along the best the Street Fighter crew has to offer, and since I'm too lazy to write a summary for each of them, I'm leaving under a spoiler tag the relevant parts of their intelligence section I've personally written. (all links are in their profile)

I leave to you the decision of which one is best to consider and put in your list.

They also have several notable techniques with different properties that would have required quite a lot of skill to create/perform, but I'm also too lazy to list them all here.
I'm also leaving out assorted knowledge on science, phylosophy and overall wisdom to focus on their martial achievements, but everything can be found on their profile, and they are supposed to be above pretty much the whole other cast, which includes fighting experts, gifted and geniuses.

Mastered the deadly Ansatsuken martial arts and even added his own innovations to it, refining it like no other before and constantly creating new techniques while improving himself. Flawlessy controls the Satsui no Hado, harnessing its several combat applications without any problem. Can match other fighting geniuses such as Gouken, Gen and Oro, and has defeated the first two in at least one occasion each. Can surpass Ryu even while holding his power back and implies to having fought M. Bison to a fair match to test his skill.

From the feat list:

Managed to defeat and kill his master Goutetsu. Matched and then defeated Gen (but he backed out of the first duel once he found out that Gen was fatally ill). Defeated Kage and killed one of Seth's clones, Torrent of Power Necalli, M. Bison and Gill (the latter in an alternate ending). Won over Ryu multiple times, even when he was using the Power of Nothingness. Has ties with his older brother Gouken and won their first clash. Contended with Oro

An exceptional fighter who has mastered the Shotokan Karate and the Ansatsuken fighting style and is able to fight equally with Akuma. Is the first person to have achieved and perfected the Power of Nothingness, which grants him power and calmness of heart as well. With his great wisdom he can give good advises and read people's heart and spirit, finding both their strength and frailties. Is also a capable teacher, having taught martial arts to Ryu and Ken for years

A legendary master of Senjutsu, the Sennin fighting style, who gained great wisdom and knowledge during his long life. Possesses almost unparalleled combat skill, perhaps matched only by Akuma, which has led him to a challenge-free life, reason why he seals his dominant arm, trying to give a chance to his opponents. He states that even Ryu would take 15 more years of training before forcing him to use both arms. Has mastered the art of telekinesis and ki control, even creating and controlling his own imitation of the Satsui no Hado. To him, ki techniques considered the pinnacle of martial prowess and performed by highly disciplined fighters are nothing more than plaything for youngsters. He can sense ki and discern the moral alignment of its user and its relation to things such as nature. Despite their own wisdom, Dhalsim and Rose see him as a master and one to consult in time of crisis, as he knows much more than meets the eye

Hmm. I would nominate Leo Regulus. But he’s not listed as a martial artist sadly. but he is a combat prodigy. He can copy any technique he’s seen once, and then do it. He can also nullify,adapt, or take less damage from any attack he’s seen or experienced. He can even combine 12 separate, unrelated techniques into 1. and he’s only 15. So if he even counts, this is what he does.

I'm bringing along the best the Street Fighter crew has to offer, and since I'm too lazy to write a summary for each of them, I'm leaving under a spoiler tag the relevant parts of their intelligence section I've personally written. (all links are in their profile)

I leave to you the decision of which one is best to consider and put in your list.

They also have several notable techniques with different properties that would have required quite a lot of skill to create/perform, but I'm also too lazy to list them all here.
I'm also leaving out assorted knowledge on science, phylosophy and overall wisdom to focus on their martial achievements, but everything can be found on their profile, and they are supposed to be above pretty much the whole other cast, which includes fighting experts, gifted and geniuses.

Mastered the deadly Ansatsuken martial arts and even added his own innovations to it, refining it like no other before and constantly creating new techniques while improving himself. Flawlessy controls the Satsui no Hado, harnessing its several combat applications without any problem. Can match other fighting geniuses such as Gouken, Gen and Oro, and has defeated the first two in at least one occasion each. Can surpass Ryu even while holding his power back and implies to having fought M. Bison to a fair match to test his skill.

From the feat list:

Managed to defeat and kill his master Goutetsu. Matched and then defeated Gen (but he backed out of the first duel once he found out that Gen was fatally ill). Defeated Kage and killed one of Seth's clones, Torrent of Power Necalli, M. Bison and Gill (the latter in an alternate ending). Won over Ryu multiple times, even when he was using the Power of Nothingness. Has ties with his older brother Gouken and won their first clash. Contended with Oro

An exceptional fighter who has mastered the Shotokan Karate and the Ansatsuken fighting style and is able to fight equally with Akuma. Is the first person to have achieved and perfected the Power of Nothingness, which grants him power and calmness of heart as well. With his great wisdom he can give good advises and read people's heart and spirit, finding both their strength and frailties. Is also a capable teacher, having taught martial arts to Ryu and Ken for years

A legendary master of Senjutsu, the Sennin fighting style, who gained great wisdom and knowledge during his long life. Possesses almost unparalleled combat skill, perhaps matched only by Akuma, which has led him to a challenge-free life, reason why he seals his dominant arm, trying to give a chance to his opponents. He states that even Ryu would take 15 more years of training before forcing him to use both arms. Has mastered the art of telekinesis and ki control, even creating and controlling his own imitation of the Satsui no Hado. To him, ki techniques considered the pinnacle of martial prowess and performed by highly disciplined fighters are nothing more than plaything for youngsters. He can sense ki and discern the moral alignment of its user and its relation to things such as nature. Despite their own wisdom, Dhalsim and Rose see him as a master and one to consult in time of crisis, as he knows much more than meets the eye
Cool. From what I read the best seems to be oro then akuma then gouken. I can have them all on the list they are very good, this is just a list of the best martial artists on the wiki so it's good, it's not in any order but if you want I can sort each character and rank them but I think that's very hard because it's so subjective and I'll need a lot of help.
Hmm. I would nominate Leo Regulus. But he’s not listed as a martial artist sadly. but he is a combat prodigy. He can copy any technique he’s seen once, and then do it. He can also nullify,adapt, or take less damage from any attack he’s seen or experienced. He can even combine 12 separate, unrelated techniques into 1. and he’s only 15. So if he even counts, this is what he does.
Very impressive.

These three are some of the best

Shang Chi and Iron Fist are more or less comparable to each other when it comes to martial arts skills. They are some of the best in the entirety of MU.

Arguably the best martial artist in DC comics.

Master of every martial arts form on earth and several forms not native to earth, tens of billions of years worth of combat experience, soloed a multiverse-spanning army of Leviathans using just his sword, while holding back in a training exercise and wielding nothing but a foam sword can casually solo entire trained and armed platoon of soldiers using live ammunition, regularly fought and killed Type-Green reality benders (ie. reality warpers that can instantly hax people to death with a thought) during his time in Pandora's Box, etc.

How could I forget Kenshiro?

I'm also leaving here his intelligence section under a spoiler tag because I'm lazy. Raoh and Toki are a bit outdated, but they are repeteadly stated to be on par with Kenshiro in terms of skill, and he himself considers them to be better than him (although it corresponding to reality can be argued).
Also, it's worthy to notice that their Muso Tensei, which is known by Kenshiro and Raoh, allows them to learn the fighting style, skill and techniques of all the opponents and friends they have fought in the past, as if their spirit was reincarnating into them. Kenshiro, especially, has faced several other incredibly skilled fighters, some of which also have profiles on the wiki.

Kenshiro stands as the single most skilled fighter in his setting, surpassing all his predecessors and having absolute mastery over every single martial art displayed throughout the series. He has uncanny precision, to the point of being able to strike a pressure point as small as the tip of a pin with a strand of hair. His memory is refined to the point that he's able to memorize up to 50,000 words after reading them once. His technique and grace are unrivaled. He's capable of mastering an opponent's martial art after seeing it once, to the point where he can simply nullify its effects and see right through it. He can copy and adapt to incredibly complex techniques on the fly, such as when he adapted to Anryū Tenha's space-warping ability, when he surpassed Solia's prowess in Gento Kō Ken [a martial art once deemed to be more deadly than Hokuto Shinken and with 2000 years of history], after only seeing a single move of said style or when he managed to fight Raoh to a standstill and would have killed him had he not been stopped, despite Toki stating only minutes prior that Ken didn't even have a 1% chance of defeating Raoh. He's stated to have "infinite potential" in terms of technique and combat prowess multiple times throughout the series. Scales significantly above Toki, who, with his sheer skill and talent, bent Raoh's fate and manifested his harbinger of death. Shown multiple times throughout the series to be capable of demolishing entire armies all by himself, stated by enemy soldiers to "march calmly, unstoppable, through thousands of soldiers like he was in the middle of an empty field", casually crushed both Falco's and Jakoh's armies at the same time. Even before his final fight against Raoh and achieving Muso Tensei, he was unfathomably above combatants such as the Red Berrets, who are each capable of defeating 500 soldiers at the same time, and defeated their general with his eyes closed. In that same fight Ken states that due to the nature of Hokuto Shinken's transmission, it's like he has 1800 years worth of combat experience and training, he was an assassin from the very moment he was born. Hokuto Shinken's very nature is of one adaptability and it has infinite fighting variations in order to overcome every obstacle and opponent, no matter the difference in strength

Is a master of martial arts, having been trained in Hokuto Shinken much like his brothers Toki and Kenshiro. Though preferring to use brute force against his enemies, he is also just as skilled in the use of pressure points as his brothers, which he can use for various purposes

(Toki was able to create a powerful fighting style which made him the favorite to become the successor of the Hokuto Shinken. He was stated to have reached a level of finesse and prowess never before seen in Hokuto Shinken, which means that he would scale above Kasumi Kenshiro and Ryuken. Comparable to if not superior to Ken before he obtained Muso Tensei and Raoh. He manifested Raoh's harbinger of death with his sheer skill alone, effectively bending his fate.

Last edited:
*Cough cough

*cough cough

Desmond Miles may be a worthy addition, as he both trained extensively in martial arts himself, and also absorbed the martial arts skill of 4 other master assassins (Altair, Ezio, Haytham and Connor), who were trained to mastery of hand-to-hand combat and can fight evenly with other martial arts masters and fodderize large groups of trained soldiers.

Levi Ackerman deserves a spot for having similar feats as Desmond and his ancestors, on top of easily mastering 3D Maneuvering Gear and the unorthodox fighting style that it is used for. Like Desmond, he's also absorbed the skill and experience of his ancestors, but instead of soaking it in manually, he absorbed it all passively and near-instantly when he awakened his bloodline powers.

imo any Libra Saint, or Dragon Saint should be more skilled

Ikki showed some pretty good skilled in the verse as well

Though its basically a cultural thing for Saints to "Master" hand to hand combat. its part of their training.

imo any Libra Saint, or Dragon Saint should be more skilled

Ikki showed some pretty good skilled in the verse as well

Though its basically a cultural thing for Saints to "Master" hand to hand combat. its part of their training.
If you got someone in mind then link them.
Desmond Miles may be a worthy addition, as he both trained extensively in martial arts himself, and also absorbed the martial arts skill of 4 other master assassins (Altair, Ezio, Haytham and Connor), who were trained to mastery of hand-to-hand combat and can fight evenly with other martial arts masters and fodderize large groups of trained soldiers.
Levi Ackerman deserves a spot for having similar feats as Desmond and his ancestors, on top of easily mastering 3D Maneuvering Gear and the unorthodox fighting style that it is used for. Like Desmond, he's also absorbed the skill and experience of his ancestors, but instead of soaking it in manually, he absorbed it all passively and near-instantly when he awakened his bloodline powers.
Cool added.

Oh I should also bring up Lee Sin

Guy is skilled enough that he created a sound-based martial art specifically to compensate for his blindness and became so skilled with it that just from the vibrations given off by the sound of his heartbeat he can read words on paper and just by listening to the movement and breathing of three men he was able to determine that one had lung disease, one had a weak heart that would give out in less than a year, and one had an injured spine that forced him to walk slightly more on his left side. On top of this he is a master of all Ionian martial arts, which include martial arts that allow people to replicate magic with effect such as creating storms, manipulating fire, electricity, and shadows, and phasing in and out of the spirit realm at will, as well as martial arts that are considered deadly enough to be on par with magic users without even causing any magic-esque effects. He is considered superior in skill to people who have complete knowledge of all pressure points on the human body and can exploit these pressure points on a group of people from across a room filled with obscuring smoke, people who are so skilled in swordsmanship that they can use their sword to strike the air in such a precise way that it causes air currents capable of creating powerful wind gusts and weather patterns at will, and people who can instantly deduce a kill radius down to the centimeter on a target that was disguising themselves i the middle of a crowded ballroom and was a master of stealth in his own right.

Oh I should also bring up Lee Sin

Guy is skilled enough that he created a sound-based martial art specifically to compensate for his blindness and became so skilled with it that just from the vibrations given off by the sound of his heartbeat he can read words on paper and just by listening to the movement and breathing of three men he was able to determine that one had lung disease, one had a weak heart that would give out in less than a year, and one had an injured spine that forced him to walk slightly more on his left side. On top of this he is a master of all Ionian martial arts, which include martial arts that allow people to replicate magic with effect such as creating storms, manipulating fire, electricity, and shadows, and phasing in and out of the spirit realm at will, as well as martial arts that are considered deadly enough to be on par with magic users without even causing any magic-esque effects. He is considered superior in skill to people who have complete knowledge of all pressure points on the human body and can exploit these pressure points on a group of people from across a room filled with obscuring smoke, people who are so skilled in swordsmanship that they can use their sword to strike the air in such a precise way that it causes air currents capable of creating powerful wind gusts and weather patterns at will, and people who can instantly deduce a kill radius down to the centimeter on a target that was disguising themselves i the middle of a crowded ballroom and was a master of stealth in his own right.
Excellent, everyone should learn from this example and bring up these truly impressive characters.

Another one i forgot, Monkey

Sharyu is recognized worldwide as the single greatest martial artists and hand to hand combatants in the world, to the point that she willingly holds back in every fight she is in both due to being a pacifist and because if she didnt she would immediately kill anyone she fought against. Both Sheep, a highly experienced warrior with the ability to analyze people's skill with a mere glance as well as having studied all of his opponents and being a veteran of multiple previous Zodiac wars [battle royales in which the most dangerous warriors in the entire world clash], and the Zodiac Council, the overseers of Zodiac Wars whose purpose is to catalogue the skill and potential for victory in Zodiac Wars, unanimously agreeing that she was the single most skilled fighter in the entire world. Her skill was placed above the likes of Ox, who is described as being the physical embodiment of a natural born warrior, the definition of natural combat talent, and is regarded as one of the most skilled fighters in the entire world, an unbeatable force in combat to the point that entire wars have been decided based on whose side he chose to ally with as despite not possessing any supernatural powers or even a supernatural weapon, he is skilled to the point of casually slaughtering entire armies as well as supernatural entities on a whim. She is also considered more skilled than Tiger, the most skilled fighters of the Aira military clan, a clan dedicated to being some of the greatest masters of martial arts and hand to hand combat in the world, with Tora having trained her entire life, gaining extensive knowledge of warfare even compared to her peers, and being near-unanimously stated as the one person none of them would want to face in combat, with Tora even going so far as to limit herself to using just Drunken Fist out of boredom and to cope with the alcoholism she fell into out of sheer boredom from having no one who could challenge her in combat, which she then inadvertently adapted into a form of deception to effectively catch foes off guard without needing to consciously conceal how dangerous she is.

Another one i forgot, Monkey

Sharyu is recognized worldwide as the single greatest martial artists and hand to hand combatants in the world, to the point that she willingly holds back in every fight she is in both due to being a pacifist and because if she didnt she would immediately kill anyone she fought against. Both Sheep, a highly experienced warrior with the ability to analyze people's skill with a mere glance as well as having studied all of his opponents and being a veteran of multiple previous Zodiac wars [battle royales in which the most dangerous warriors in the entire world clash], and the Zodiac Council, the overseers of Zodiac Wars whose purpose is to catalogue the skill and potential for victory in Zodiac Wars, unanimously agreeing that she was the single most skilled fighter in the entire world. Her skill was placed above the likes of Ox, who is described as being the physical embodiment of a natural born warrior, the definition of natural combat talent, and is regarded as one of the most skilled fighters in the entire world, an unbeatable force in combat to the point that entire wars have been decided based on whose side he chose to ally with as despite not possessing any supernatural powers or even a supernatural weapon, he is skilled to the point of casually slaughtering entire armies as well as supernatural entities on a whim. She is also considered more skilled than Tiger, the most skilled fighters of the Aira military clan, a clan dedicated to being some of the greatest masters of martial arts and hand to hand combat in the world, with Tora having trained her entire life, gaining extensive knowledge of warfare even compared to her peers, and being near-unanimously stated as the one person none of them would want to face in combat, with Tora even going so far as to limit herself to using just Drunken Fist out of boredom and to cope with the alcoholism she fell into out of sheer boredom from having no one who could challenge her in combat, which she then inadvertently adapted into a form of deception to effectively catch foes off guard without needing to consciously conceal how dangerous she is.
Very cool. Added.

Question, do people who have the ability to copy ad replicate any martial art they see count? Or is that not considered skill?

ok then
Twenty-fifth Baam

can replicate any technique after seeing it once or getting hit by it, even if it is space bending. Went to hundreds of the greatest martial artists and trained with them, learning their techniques easily in a year (most of the time he had to travel so it doesn't really matter)

That absolutely counts.
Nice

Velvet Scarlatina

Velvet possesses the ability to perfectly replicate the moves, techniques, and fighting styles of anyone she sees both in and out of combat and can blend them seamlessly into each other in combat at will, and as an extension of this ability is able to utilize any weapon that they use to the same efficiency as well. Basically she has Taskmaster's Photographic Reflexes without the detriment of losing memories when she gains a new fighting style.

Nice

Velvet Scarlatina

Velvet possesses the ability to perfectly replicate the moves, techniques, and fighting styles of anyone she sees both in and out of combat and can blend them seamlessly into each other in combat at will, and as an extension of this ability is able to utilize any weapon that they use to the same efficiency as well. Basically she has Taskmaster's Photographic Reflexes without the detriment of losing memories when she gains a new fighting style.
her intelligence should be changed. It just says high, i am pretty sure that 'high' intelligence is not a thing on this wiki unless she smoked so much weed that she reached enlightenment. change it to genius.

her intelligence should be changed. It just says high, i am pretty sure that 'high' intelligence is not a thing on this wiki unless she smoked so much weed that she reached enlightenment. change it to genius.
Its going to be changed when the current rwby crt finishes up

Nice

Velvet Scarlatina

That's very good too, added.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You know this post says the characters are ranked but it's nigh impossible to rank these because it's highly subjective.

Would Sub Zero be applicable for this?

The guy has defeated Goro who held his title of MK champion for 500 years, defeating opponents who had various powers while he himself had only brute strength and skill. Plus not to mention he's beaten Ermac who had thousands of Edinian warrior souls within them (Said warriors could live for like centuries iirc) Sub went on to be the new leader of a reformed Lin Kuei and organised and trained all the ninjas there by himself.

He's also surpassed his brother, who was able to defeat Shinnok a fallen elder god that spent centuries battling Raiden. In addition Sub knows quite a few martial arts from Ninjitsu, Shotokan, Fencing and is able to use his cryomancy in very creative ways.

Oh yeah, Li Shuwen

Li Shuwen is a legendary martial artist and a legendary practitioner of Bajiquan that is known as "Divine Spear Li", "Demon Fist Master", and a "master among masters" due to his enormous amount of talent in spearmanship and Baijiquan, which led to him perfecting a one-hit kill technique that could kill his opponent in a single blow. His skill is such that even fighting barehanded he can easily outmaneuver and outskill the much more powerful Beowulf without taking a single blow and defeat opponents like Okada Izō, a genius swordsman from the Bakumatsu period in a duel. His awareness of his surroundings is so great that through the use of his chi and meditation, he can become completely invisible and nearly completely undetectable by normal means, allowing him to easily kill other Servants without being noticed. In Fate/Grand Order, his age only hones his skills even further, being described as the peak of his physical ability and allowing him to fight a master swordswoman like Mordred and the omnidisciplinary Red Hare on equal footing [Red Hare quiet literally being a master of very single form of martial arts on Earth, to the point of having an entire Skill dedicated to it, making it possible to deal with any situation in battle utilize any techniques and experience instantly in order to meet and combat the situation in kind, as well as being capable of responding to any and all kinds of battle situations accordingly through sheer skill, even if its in an environment he has no experience in like in the air or underwater by making use of his cultivated skill and experience].

His skill itself is so great that it conceptually manifests through his Servant Graph as nonmagical skills and even a Noble Phantasm:
  • No Second Strike: The essence of Li Shuwen's martial arts, embodying the maxim of "For Li Shuwen, no second strike is needed." in the form of a skill. It is not a true Noble Phantasm, but his sheer skill sublimated as something close to one, a technique created to instantly kill any target with a single blow. All of his hard strikes, even those meant as feints, are capable of killing an opponent. While he is exceptionally strong, the killing power comes from his Qi (a cultural term for Od, his personal magical energy), focused into his blows with enough force to engulf an opponent. It's been speculated that he used his Qi to create his own territory. Regardless, the effects of being engulfed with Qi are brutally effective; an opponent is extremely disoriented and put into a state of severe tension and paranoia, putting their nervous system under great strain and usually stopping their heart. On top of damaging his opponent's nervous and circulatory systems, it damages their Magic Circuits, disrupting them and, in the case of Servants, cutting off their links to their Masters.
  • Chinese Martial Arts: A Chinese system of skills refined and pursued in the goal of becoming one with the universe. It is a skill said to be difficult in terms of learning at the highest level and, unlike other skills, one with a rank of A is at a level where they can be said to have "finally learned it". At A+++ rank, Li Shuwen is a master among masters, unparalleled in life and death as one of the greatest masters and teachers of Bajiquan including the spearmanship branch of the Bajiquan fighting style seen when summoned as a Lancer.
  • Sphere Boundary: A technique that allows the user to blend into the world around them through meditation and the utilization of Qi. Through these abilities, Li Shuwen can read his immediate environment in fine detail, perceiving every aspect so that he can best minimize the impact of his existence. This ability allows him to become effectively completely invisible and indiscernible, and as it is reached purely through the mastery of martial arts, it produces no magical energy and is thereby unrecognizable by magical means. It is a skill that has far surpassed human possibility. Like Presence Concealment, its effects drop when he prepares to launch an attack, but he is still effectively invisible and an opponent who dodges an attack like this will still perceive it as invisible; even then, this is extremely difficult, requiring sufficient skill. Of course, if Li Shuwen doesn't prepare for an attack, he will be completely unnoticeable even as his fist makes contact with a target. Combined with No Second Strike, this allows him to effortlessly, immediately kill other Servants.
  • Sphere Boundary (Zenith): A further evolved version of Sphere Boundary achieved by the older Li Shuwen, representing the peak of the skill. He is now capable of making use of it in the middle of a heated battle, disappearing in the blink of an eye and easily getting the drop on his enemies.

Would Sub Zero be applicable for this?

The guy has defeated Goro who held his title of MK champion for 500 years, defeating opponents who had various powers while he himself had only brute strength and skill. Plus not to mention he's beaten Ermac who had thousands of Edinian warrior souls within them (Said warriors could live for like centuries iirc) Sub went on to be the new leader of a reformed Lin Kuei and organised and trained all the ninjas there by himself.

He's also surpassed his brother, who was able to defeat Shinnok a fallen elder god that spent centuries battling Raiden. In addition Sub knows quite a few martial arts from Ninjitsu, Shotokan, Fencing and is able to use his cryomancy in very creative ways.
I wouldn't use new timeline Goro and Ermac to compare, as they both lose to several people, but Sub still has his very good feats,mostly as a teacher and keeping his own against all kids and other things (although in MK11 he loses to early-Scorpion, which is stupid).

This is the greatest high

Oh yeah, Li Shuwen

Li Shuwen is a legendary martial artist and a legendary practitioner of Bajiquan that is known as "Divine Spear Li", "Demon Fist Master", and a "master among masters" due to his enormous amount of talent in spearmanship and Baijiquan, which led to him perfecting a one-hit kill technique that could kill his opponent in a single blow. His skill is such that even fighting barehanded he can easily outmaneuver and outskill the much more powerful Beowulf without taking a single blow and defeat opponents like Okada Izō, a genius swordsman from the Bakumatsu period in a duel. His awareness of his surroundings is so great that through the use of his chi and meditation, he can become completely invisible and nearly completely undetectable by normal means, allowing him to easily kill other Servants without being noticed. In Fate/Grand Order, his age only hones his skills even further, being described as the peak of his physical ability and allowing him to fight a master swordswoman like Mordred and the omnidisciplinary Red Hare on equal footing [Red Hare quiet literally being a master of very single form of martial arts on Earth, to the point of having an entire Skill dedicated to it, making it possible to deal with any situation in battle utilize any techniques and experience instantly in order to meet and combat the situation in kind, as well as being capable of responding to any and all kinds of battle situations accordingly through sheer skill, even if its in an environment he has no experience in like in the air or underwater by making use of his cultivated skill and experience].

His skill itself is so great that it conceptually manifests through his Servant Graph as nonmagical skills and even a Noble Phantasm:
  • No Second Strike: The essence of Li Shuwen's martial arts, embodying the maxim of "For Li Shuwen, no second strike is needed." in the form of a skill. It is not a true Noble Phantasm, but his sheer skill sublimated as something close to one, a technique created to instantly kill any target with a single blow. All of his hard strikes, even those meant as feints, are capable of killing an opponent. While he is exceptionally strong, the killing power comes from his Qi (a cultural term for Od, his personal magical energy), focused into his blows with enough force to engulf an opponent. It's been speculated that he used his Qi to create his own territory. Regardless, the effects of being engulfed with Qi are brutally effective; an opponent is extremely disoriented and put into a state of severe tension and paranoia, putting their nervous system under great strain and usually stopping their heart. On top of damaging his opponent's nervous and circulatory systems, it damages their Magic Circuits, disrupting them and, in the case of Servants, cutting off their links to their Masters.
  • Chinese Martial Arts: A Chinese system of skills refined and pursued in the goal of becoming one with the universe. It is a skill said to be difficult in terms of learning at the highest level and, unlike other skills, one with a rank of A is at a level where they can be said to have "finally learned it". At A+++ rank, Li Shuwen is a master among masters, unparalleled in life and death as one of the greatest masters and teachers of Bajiquan including the spearmanship branch of the Bajiquan fighting style seen when summoned as a Lancer.
  • Sphere Boundary: A technique that allows the user to blend into the world around them through meditation and the utilization of Qi. Through these abilities, Li Shuwen can read his immediate environment in fine detail, perceiving every aspect so that he can best minimize the impact of his existence. This ability allows him to become effectively completely invisible and indiscernible, and as it is reached purely through the mastery of martial arts, it produces no magical energy and is thereby unrecognizable by magical means. It is a skill that has far surpassed human possibility. Like Presence Concealment, its effects drop when he prepares to launch an attack, but he is still effectively invisible and an opponent who dodges an attack like this will still perceive it as invisible; even then, this is extremely difficult, requiring sufficient skill. Of course, if Li Shuwen doesn't prepare for an attack, he will be completely unnoticeable even as his fist makes contact with a target. Combined with No Second Strike, this allows him to effortlessly, immediately kill other Servants.
  • Sphere Boundary (Zenith): A further evolved version of Sphere Boundary achieved by the older Li Shuwen, representing the peak of the skill. He is now capable of making use of it in the middle of a heated battle, disappearing in the blink of an eye and easily getting the drop on his enemies.
Very cool, you always bring some of the best ones.

Are we talking about general martial artist (Weapon masters included) or just hand to hand fighters?

In DC Probably the best martial artist is post-crisis Cassandra Cain, I have absolutely no idea who would be the best in Marvel since they tend to switch who beats who on a dime

Are we talking about general martial artist (Weapon masters included) or just hand to hand fighters?
If you are classified as a martial artist in any way and are very skilled then sure.
In DC Probably the best martial artist is post-crisis Cassandra Cain, I have absolutely no idea who would be the best in Marvel since they tend to switch who beats who on a dime
Link the profile and I'll add them.

Back