• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The calculation looks fine, but given this is comparing to a giant ship, some calc group members might depend inverse square law given how smaller AoE/Surface Area strikes have more penetration/precision.

I do think surface area, alongside the usually lower power level of the verse, cast some suspicion on this rating.

Yeah, considering the spaceship itself is bigger the glass would obviously not absorb all of it.

I mean, if it's comet-proof, that'd imply it can block any kinda comet, which would push the rating even higher- It seems like an outlier to me.

You know, the upgrade can't really go through if you ignore counterarguments

Yeah, if only another calc group member brought up an issue with it

As much as I would love A Hat in Time to be upgraded to 6-C, you guys should really take what Amorchompy is saying into account. Or, at least try to compose a cohesive counter argument like they suggested.

Assuming the 5000 meter radius meteor is a sphere, the surface area would be 3.14 * 10^8 m^2 thus the CA would be half of that at 1.57 * 10^8 m^2. And the surface area of a fist is 0.43 m^2 according to google. So take (1.57 * 10^8) / 0.43 to get 365116279.07.

1.99845E+20 J / 365116279.07 = 5.47346178 × 10^11 joules or 130.818876195 Tons of TNT. Which is 8-A

I'd still like to see one more feat on that level though, considering the verse's current calc is them being damaged by a 9-A explosion.

I agree with Medeus and Armorchompy. The calculation needs to be updated to take surface area into account.

Those are shockwaves, not earthquakes. I'd be surprised if they got past 9-A, and considering they stagger Hat Kid, I'd argue they're an anti-feat

You'd have to prove it scales to his stats anyway. But no, it seems more like a shockwave to me.

What Medeus said needs to be done if you are going to get anywhere with this.

Well, somebody needs to write an updated version of the calculation to take surface area into account, and place it in a blog for evaluation. Otherwise nothing will happen here, as I mentioned earlier.

I might just add the calculation into the blog myself if he Giver doesn't respond soon, but I don't mind waiting a few days and prefer to give him some time.

I might just add the calculation into the blog myself if he Giver doesn't respond soon, but I don't mind waiting a few days and prefer to give him some time.
If I remember right giver is pretty busy right now, so calc can be changed.
Although I agree with 8-A, to point out there's even another tier 8 explosion level in a hat in time, which is bomb inside of Conductor's train.
But there's also no direct contradictions, at least fruit bomb and damage from it is more a game mechanic, also Snatcher can become as big as Skyscraper.

Last edited:
Back