• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Breaking the glass again is just the same feat. And we do treat special game overs as usable, usually, nevermind that it was clearly GOING to kill her anyway, as one can easily derive from context.

Anyway, how about my other argument? That glass being meant to block asteroids of a certain size feels unrealistic considering it's basically impossible for them to directly impact it head-on. Besides, if it's meteorite proof, then the result would be WAY higher, as it would have to be completely imprevious to MUCH bigger asteroids

I would sound dumb, but what if bomb is outlier?

Yes we're dying when time limit is ending, but it's never was directly stated it kills character(Like, kinda hinted and that's it). To point out there's also some death with levels with same time limit which if wouldn't be completed you will die. And even if not that, Hat Kid can game mechanically die if she would lost race to mafia goon.

Conductor in his own statements only stated that bomb will destroy a train (which btw later didn't shows bomb explosion and hat kid just straight up dying), and in their boss fights he and DJ and other birds watching were kinda ok when their placed a bomb that can "kill" not only kid but them (which I guess would simply CIS, but still).

Last edited:
Also another thing I found out is that 8-A result for bomb is higher than 8-A result for comet feat, so I guess there's possibly can be some kind of compromise.

Last edited:
You cannot argue that the bomb doesn't kill her, it requires way too many leaps of logic compared to just saying it does. Sure, there's other timed missions, but this one has a canon explaination- as for the rest, PIS I suppose, honestly I don't care too much but I am starting to get suspicious of how this verse is handled in general.

Okay, so should we consider this feat as an outlier then? Also, what about the other higher feats for this verse, such as a 2-C and Supergenius rating for merging universes?

Okay, so should we consider this feat as an outlier then? Also, what about the other higher feats for this verse, such as a 2-C and Supergenius rating for merging universes?
Well, I don't think so, while it would be hard to more consider bomb as outlier and not vice versa, the comet feat result is lower than train bomb result. So even if beginning game - end game Hat kid shouldn't be higher than train bomb, by calc results she wouldn't be higher.
And 2-C stuff requires for her a preparation and doesn't have some kind of outliers, supergenius is also possible since this kind of technology hat kid created if going by her blueprints by a pretty normal stuff, so imo it can stay.

... It's less than a 2x difference, and it would be way lower with surface area factored in.

We don't have a way of calculating it that doesn't break the formula, which is why we just use the full yield, but point-blank range is still affected by surface area.

The 2-C feat is done via prep time that doesn't scale to anybody; it's pretty uncontradictory. And the 4-A is God Tier amplification exclusive to post game cast who grew much stronger; so nothing too conflicting there. As for the 8-A feats, the Mafia appear to do it twice and it seems consistent that Mafia are able to keep up with and damage the glass of Hat Kid's ship. So while I don't have any strong opinions, I'm leaning towards the 8-A feat being consistent for Mafia goons.

I will repeat for the third time that if the glass is meteor PROOF, then it must clearly be able to no-sell almost all kinds of meteors, far bigger ones than the ones used in the calculation.

I will repeat for the third time that if the glass is meteor PROOF, then it must clearly be able to no-sell almost all kinds of meteors, far bigger ones than the ones used in the calculation.
Well, want to consider the fact that glass stated to be comet proof instead of meteor, so calc as far as I see was based on comets.

Okay. So what solution(s) would you suggest that we use here?

Well it doesn't really matter for the reasons below, but if the feat WAS valid one would likely have to find a higher meteor size- but no need for that.

Okay, so what, if any, changes need to be done here then?

Probably none then until there would be more.
The more interesting at this moment I find a mustache girl being able to RW a planet, it's possible she did that via time travel, so I would try to get info on it, and what it is exactly.

Well, to my knowledge, Hat Kid's ship's lore based durability is that it is considered to be significantly more durable per surface area than comets and meteors, but not durable enough to withstand a punch from Mafia on a regular basis. So Mafia are by lore, significantly stronger than the average meteor/comet by lore. That's basically the gist of the scaling from what I see.

Uh, Hat Kid didn't even know she was gonna meet the Mafia, especially when she made those blueprints that likely came before the ship. It's not realistic, but it appears specifically getting punched is the weakness of these screens, and she pointed that out on the blueprints as some sort of reminders. This is quite the cartoony verse after all.

Last edited:
Isn't it possible that this is tongue-in-cheek deliberate plot-induced stupidity, given that it is even pointed out in-game that it is ridiculous that the windows cannot withstand punches?

I mean, if it is PIS then it shouldn't scale, since without that PIS the Mafia wouldn't be able to break it. If it isn't, and the screens do legitimately have a weakness to punching, then the Mafia also wouldn't scale, as they're just exploiting a weakness. While it is incredibly silly I would like to mention that Hat Kid is a Supergenius and her technology evades basic human logic

I lean towards agreeing with Armorchompy. My apologies Medeus.

Also, given that Hat Kid has been given a Supergenius, rather than Extraordinary genius, rating based on merging several universes into one, are we certain that this is really what she did? It seems more convenient to simpy transport several different versions of herself and their surroundings to a common area.

Also, given that Hat Kid has been given a Supergenius, rather than Extraordinary genius, rating based on merging several universes into one, are we certain that this is really what she did? It seems more convenient to simpy transport several different versions of herself and their surroundings to a common area.
While it says to collapse dimensions and not universes, however, given context tell us that "Dimensions" in that sentence are meant as "Universes". At least because it's uniting your own universe with your own Hat kid, with other universes with their own Hat kids

Last edited:
Yes, but that is rather vague, and it would make much more sense if she simply transported several Hat Kids from different universes to the same area, which is also more in line with her otherwise Extraordinary Genius level feats.

I lean towards agreeing with Armorchompy. My apologies Medeus.

I believe it is. As much as me and Giver was giving argumentation on it, it's the universe merge is not only statement based, but also based on how game is reacting to that merge. That example which Adem showed, also the good example can be the fact that the main points of the game are also multiplying. For reference I would like to tell a difference between local ahit multi-player and online multi-player. In local we have a bow kid, and if hat kid or bow kid would get the time piece the level is ended. However in online multi-player the count of time pieces are also multiplyed as if someone would get time piece, you later would also be able to get other, own time piece. Basically level wouldn't end for you despite it ended for other player, meaning time pieces count also multiplied.
It's also good shown in multi-player announcement itself, where stuff which supposed to be a single (such as time piece per level multiplyed, delivery cars which supposed to be one, even just ball in ship which in game supposed to be one(I entered game and checked, there's one ball in hat kid's ship in single player, but it's multiplied in multi-player as shown in announcement of it, so it's basically combined with statement and visual presentation).), multiplied.

That is not proper evidence.

Much smaller areas than the universes themselves could easily have been connected via spatial manipulation, and this seems to be a game mechanics/story convention in the first place rather than her consistently displayed intelligence level, so given that our standards for Supergenius should ideally consistently be quite rigorous and exclusive, I am very uneasy with that Hat Kid has been afforded it.

If her inventions could warp reality virtually any way she wishes, the story would not even have been a challenge to her.

By the way, did she do it with time pieces or with external tech?

Much smaller areas than the universes themselves could easily have been connected via spatial manipulation, and this seems to be a game mechanics/story convention in the first place rather than her consistently displayed intelligence level, so given that our standards for Supergenius should ideally consistently be quite rigorous and exclusive, I am very uneasy with that Hat Kid has been afforded it.

If her inventions could warp reality virtually any way she wishes, the story would not even have been a challenge to her.
Is it fine if I change her to Extraordinary Genius instead? that seems to be her almost consistent level throughout the story.

That can be true, however considered our given context of the word "dimensions" and how game reacts on the multi-player it should be like 2+2. Even though it's a game mechanic, pretty much game mechanics in a hat in time had always an explanation(+ usual 4-th wall breaking). The death from a bomb despite of being far away from it, self-ressurection, a typical platformer game mechanic, but explained via Snatcher, the winner of bird award is dependent on which levels you will play better and etc.

And about point of the fact that with RW technologies, hat kid definitely could complete her story faster, but the issue is, the Hat kid herself. The cutscene where Mustache girl becoming our enemy or when she refuses to give a time piece to Conductor/DJ Grooves perfectly shows us the fact, that hat kid is understand all responsibility she has on her hands. Tbf she could use the first time piece she got to reverse time to the moment when Mafia was knocking the door to prevent a time pieces fall, but she didn't do that, because mostly she understands that it's very great power and that it can be dangerous, especially when on your hands so much time pieces, what Mustache girl have done with planet by having time pieces is just shows that when you have god-like powers, they're shouldn't be overused. Shortly saying "Great power, great responsibility".
And same goes pretty much to machines, especially when you technically don't have exactly time for building something when the dangerous stuff can get in wrong hands.

I hope I could explain stuff but would be sleeping right now.

Well, the point is that it requires interpretation for us to assume that she merged the entireties of several universes, rather than connected them to a common area, whereas her other intelligence feats are of a far less impressive scale.

Back