• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If I remember right giver is pretty busy right now, so calc can be changed.
Although I agree with 8-A, to point out there's even another tier 8 explosion level in a hat in time, which is bomb inside of Conductor's train.
Uh, nobody tanks that, do they?
But there's also no direct contradictions, at least fruit bomb and damage from it is more a game mechanic, also Snatcher can become as big as Skyscraper.
He's a ghost, he has no mass.

If nobody tanks it it's not a feat. I mean, that's the same as saying nukes existing in a verse is a supporting feat for tier 7 if nobody tanks them. As for freezing, does Vanessa scale to anyone? IIRC she just kills you in the chapter she's in. Also that feat would probably be tier 7 lol

I mean, NPI. I don't know him too well but I don't think it's necessary.

If nobody tanks it it's not a feat. I mean, that's the same as saying nukes existing in a verse is a supporting feat for tier 7 if nobody tanks them. As for freezing, does Vanessa scale to anyone? IIRC she just kills you in the chapter she's in. Also that feat would probably be tier 7 lol.
True.
The Vanessa part also seems interesting, she can kill hat kid easily, though Snatcher wasn't affected so far(Maybe because he's a ghost but still), and well hat kid was at some time ok with that temperature until Vanessa would come close and would do her kill move in very close distance.

That's just resistance to extreme temperatures, it wouldn't scale to stats in the same way that tanking a flamethrower doesn't mean you're 9-B because of the energy it outputs, you just resist fire

The correct is to use the mirror area, not the meteor area, considering that he destroyed the glass and not a meteor, no?

Assuming the 5000 meter radius meteor is a sphere, the surface area would be 3.14 * 10^8 m^2 thus the CA would be half of that at 1.57 * 10^8 m^2. And the surface area of a fist is 0.43 m^2 according to google. So take (1.57 * 10^8) / 0.43 to get 365116279.07.

1.99845E+20 J / 365116279.07 = 5.47346178 × 10^11 joules or 130.818876195 Tons of TNT. Which is 8-A
The correct is to use the mirror area, not the meteor area, considering that he destroyed the glass and not a meteor, no?

Also just to point out some ahit feats that should possibly be higher than 9-A:
Some storm creation caused by a flowers which hat kid later destroyed.
That feat is so much stronger than 8-A that it would be an outlier anyway. However, not only was it done by a lot of flowers, it wouldn't scale to their durability anyway
Mustache Girl reality warping by a time piece a planet from this:
It's unknown how much time pieces required for it, but it's indeed one of the feats which I at least want to mention.
Aren't they 4-A with multiple time pieces?

Aren't they 4-A with multiple time pieces?
Yes, but still worth of mentioning. Also I just found out that time piece doesn't have a RW counted as ability so a straight forward question, would changing the planet so much(as showed above) be considered as reality warping?

Yes, but still worth of mentioning.
Not really. I mean, I know there's showings of power above 9-A in the verse, but what I want are those that scale to the 9-A characters
Also I just found out that time piece doesn't have a RW counted as ability so a straight forward question, would changing the planet so much(as showed above) be considered as reality warping?
Probably idk

The reason I compared it to the meteor was because I was comparing the impact of a punch to the impact of the meteor which is where the 6-C feat came from. Is the mirror smaller than the meteor or something; it would still use ISL in it self for durability and then ISL again to scale from someone punching it. Thus result wouldn't be much different if that was true.

Has the relevant feat been recalculated to take surface area into account here yet?

Thank you. Can you link to your blog calculation please?

Thank you. Ugarik seems to have accepted it.

Please elaborate regarding how this is an outlier Armorchompy.

I kind of already have, none of the feats for the characters that would scale to this are anywhere near 8-A, the current best they could do is 9-A.

IIRC, Mafia Goons apparently did this feat twice; and have multiple Massively FTL+ feats with the various 9-B and 9-A feats being things that don't really hurt Mafia Goons. If you're talking about the explosion thing, we can just not use that feat but it appears the "Punching a superglass" is very consistent for Mafia Goons.

Mafia Goons also get dispatched by a small pile of TNT barrels, and Hat Kid gets insta-killed by the Conductor's train bomb, both of which would likely be below 8-A

The train bomb might just be game mechanics, the TNT barrels might have some bearing as an antifeat, but also might fall under game mechanics.

It's not game mechanics at all, it's literally glued to you in the boss battle of that chapter with a timer, with every character acting as if it will kill you, and indeed it does if you let the timer run out.

The mafia goons are also literally placed by the story on that TNT and it's part of a semi-scripted sequence, the game mechanics claim makes no sense

Time limit levels and boss fights are also a common trope in video games; so they still fall under game mechanics.

How. It's literally stated or implied by all characters that talk about it that the bomb will kill you, it's glued onto you by the boss with the intent to kill you, and indeed, when its very canonical timer runs out, it kills you. Literally none of this is game mechanics.

Game mechanics are, and I quote: "abilities shown in games (usually video games) that are determined by the rules of the game (examples include hit points, levels, statistics, world map crossing in seconds outside of cinematics, etcetera) and are not necessarily indicative of a character's or entity's actual abilities."

This death isn't forced by the rules of the game, as it is a scripted one-hit kill, and it does not contrast anything shown in cutscenes.

I know that, but all I'm saying is that it's a common trope either way. And plenty of verses out their stuff like this; even characters with multiple planet level or above feats have levels where they have 15 minutes to escape and exploding Island base, I wouldn't call 2 or more planet level feats outliers by default just because of a single plot instance here. That being said, it also depends on the genre among other things. But I see nothing wrong with Mafia Goons being strong enough to shatter the glass.

I know that, but all I'm saying is that it's a common trope either way. And plenty of verses out their stuff like this; even characters with multiple planet level or above feats have levels where they have 15 minutes to escape and exploding Island base, I wouldn't call 2 or more planet level feats outliers by default just because of a single plot instance here.
There is literally one 8-A feat versus at least two anti-feats that I've brought up, the fact that "it's a common trope" doesn't mean it's an outlier. You can call it PIS or whatever if you want, but it's absolutely not a game mechanic and it cannot be denied as an anti-feat on that basis. If it is a "trope" that's being used that doesn't mean the writers didn't explicitly mean for the explosion to kill Hat Kid, because clearly their perception of her power level is below the explosion's.

Actually, here's another issue. The glass that's supposed to tank the meteors is way smaller than them, and with the way the spaceship is shaped, odds are they wouldn't tank most of a comet that big.

Last edited:
Yes, it would be a pretty big outlier if it was Tier 6, but I already took calculations to make it not Tier 6; it's simply 8-A now. I could surface area the ship from the comet and it would still be Tier 7, but then one of the glasses that the Mafia was able to punch through with ease is still consistent.

Anti-feat perhaps, but that doesn't automatically make it an outlier. Besides, didn't the Mafia break the glass again in the end of the game? That makes it more like 2 feats vs 2 anti-feats. Also, Hat Kid never died in canon; she escapes it outright in canon given that's not the games official ending. It can be an antifeat for the Mafia Goons however which could make an antifeat for Hat Kid indirectly, just not directly.

But I'd prefer to give other supporters and/or other staff members a chance to explain their thoughts.

Back