• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Guide for Basic Rendering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
This one isn't particularly major or urgent, but I was thinking of writing a page that details how to do the most basic renders (pictures with a completely mono-color background) so that users don't have to post them on the Official Render Request Board and wait for hours on end for Darkanine, Dark649, Kuulchigo, Matthew Schroeder, myself, or any of the other renderers to get started on those profiles/edits.

However, I wasn't sure if I should write it as a blog post or an actual page.

Thoughts?

For pictures with a background that's only one color and strong enough contrast between the image and the background, seconds.

Kkapoios said:
I think it's a nice idea, how much time does it take to render one?

Rendering basic images only really takes a few clicks, honestly the process of saving/uploading the image usually takes longer. More complicated images can take a few minutes and very complicated ones can take awhile.

This reminds me, I've been slacking in helping out the Image Render board, I gotta get back on that.

An actual page would probably be fine. I can add it to the front page help section later.

I think you should write a blog, then we could link it to the image render page to hopefully lower the amount of requests.

Plus I wanna learn about it myself.

@Kkapoios

As Darkanine said, the most complex renders can take significantly longer (sometimes I've taken hours on extremely detailed renders). However, I just want to allow users to do the easiest ones themselves, and submit harder ones that they don't want to deal with to the Render Request Board.

I think that should be fine. I will add a link to the front page.

Thank you. I unlocked it earlier since I thought Peter Maximoff was going to try to edit it, but I suppose not.

I suppose I can close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back