• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A front page layout update

The idea was to increase the text box size downwards, not upwards, but except for that, I think that it looks good.

Antvasima said:
The idea was to increase the text box size downwards, not upwards, but except for that, I think that it looks good.
No problems, here's alternative variations up to (x)x450
XJSXM6n4USz4 400 420
400x420

XJSXM6n4USz4 400 430
400x430

XJSXM6n4USz4 400 440
400x440

XJSXM6n4USz4 400 450
400x450

Version 3 from the top (number 2 from the bottom) seems best. Thank you.

Here's the final results
XJSXM6n4USz4 400 440
Goku :)

Drsetf 400 440
I must say that antiblur made her eyes more beautiful!

Haruhiset 400 440
Why not?

Luffyset 400 440
Manga is better

Vaderset 400 440
Luke, I'm your father!

BenSet 400 440
I don't know him

Harryset 400 440
Can somebody provide me better picture? :(

Marioset 400 440
It's-a me, Mario!

Superset 400 440
Nice.

Sabsab 400 440
Saber.

I think they look good. Thanks again for all of your help.

I have updated the front page. I think that it looks better now.

Yes. It looks better. Thank you for your help Skalt.

What about the Music and Internet categories? I mean they include verses that don't belong to any other already presented category. In addition, by setting up icons for these categories, the section would become 4├ù3 — the icons would be larger than now.

Ogurtsow said:
What about the Music and Internet categories? I mean they include verses that don't belong to any other already presented category. In addition, by setting up icons for these categories, the section would become 4├ù3 — the icons would be larger than now.
Any idea for Music icon? I'm voting for an SCP icon for Internet.

Well, we don't have a lot of music character profiles, but Internet seems like another major medium. Especially considering some possible plans. I actually did talk to a few other staff members mentioning that a profile for the AVGN might actually be plausible. Matt said a version based on his two published games at least are alright, but there's also other things that warrant plausibility for a profile in general. Such as actually having a continuity and a notable publisher; meaning it's not some YouTube personality and what not.

Ogurtsow said:
I don't mind a 4x3 section, but don't know if the Music category is big enough to qualify.

We might need Ryukama's help to create the same type of icons as previously though.

Isn't RWBY lumped in with Western animation?

Antvasima said:
We might need Ryukama's help to create the same type of icons as previously though.
Don't worry, I have an .xcf template for such situation
Gimp-2.10 2018-12-10 21-36-36

Darkanine said:
The icons are pretty easy to make, I can make a few really quick if you need.
Don't forget that the icons must have an equal style (ex.: my icons), but if really quick, then I think it's okay.

Okay. Thank you. They must exactly follow the old format though.

It may actually just be a better idea to convert them to a template instead, that way they can be modified by other people by changing a few parameters rather than creating a brand new icon. I've made some templates on another wiki that could work here.

No offense to Ryu but the images are kind of low quality, with lots of visual artifacts and inconsistent coloring. I may be able to just make better versions of them, which would be easier than just editing them.

Well, if you can create better versions of the images + music and Internet, that would be appreciated. I think that Ryukama's images look fine though.

They should have the same colour theme though.

@Skalt. It was just an example. They can be modified to look differently. It's just easier for everyone to use templates instead of image files, since image files are trickier to edit for people who don't have experience with it. But okay, I'll start working on icons after in a bit (gotta go for now).

Back