• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a freelance photographer vs a body guard

Allright first things first does frank have access to all his equipment? I assume your restricting franks ice weapons as those push him into 9a but i sorta need an idea of what franks working with here.

Bob8999 said:
for now, no equipment but ill add some if need be.
Wouldn't that be manipulating the match? Or would you doing that if this match turns out to be a stomp in Climb's favor?

Ok then, without equipment climb has a significant advantage due to his sword giving him more reach and a cutting weapon. Im not sure of the exact ap so I could be wrong but i think climb has the advantage there. He also has armor and martial arts to further boost his physical capabilities though i think one of his biggest advantages may be in actual fighting skill.

Frank west is self taught 9relying on a wrestling/grappling style of fighting to push/throw his enemies away) and while his career is impressive he usually fights zombies or insane nutcases wielding bizarre weapons. Neither of his usual enemies have formal combat training relying on bestial hunger (zombies) Or insane movements/weapons (psychos). psychos are also usually entirely offensive fighters rarely having much in the way of defensive techniques.

In other words Frank isn't used to dealing with people with legitimate combat training something climb has in spades. Franks not prepared to face an enemy in full armor, wielding a sword with a large amount of training with access to martial arts.

All right that's my current take with my limited knowledge on frank west feel free to correct me.

Uuuuuh except when Frank fought a military commander in hand to hand, and then fought another one in a gunfight, and then a Vietnam veteran at close range, psycho killers all at close to long ranges, then all those other times he fought trained mercenaries, some of them with exo suits which make them superior to a normal person, than his fight with Fontana, that one time he fought a man who can teleport, two women at once with swords, an actual psychopath who, funny enough, has an actual sword and some armor, along with all the other psychopaths under her wing that have armor and swords.

Climb isn't anything Frank hasn't dealt with. Though I will say you should totally give him a sword for an epic sword duel. But if not then whatever.

Frank should be able to think circles around this chump and be able to outmaneuver him for the most part since he doesn't seem like anything Frank hasn't seen before. Frank is very powerful. Class 1 I believe but could be wrong. If I'm not it should make him stronger. He can also take long falls and getting slammed into by vehicles or gunshot fire so I think he's durable enough to take a couple of stray hits while still being able to outmaneuver this guy.

He could probably also just use the environment to his advantage. Frank is a crafty man and he wouldn't be caught dead without forming a plan in the middle of some situation-

fair like i said not an expert on frank west, i only ever played the first dead rising and never completed it so...yeah.

Franks dealt with martial arts (warriors magic) before? Armor and sword made of mithril? Frank has no equipment here so his ability to play the range game is nonexistent, this is a melee, a melee where one character has armor and weapons. What is franks ap btw? its kinda major factor here. What would he take advantage of in there environment? They're in new york so Im not sure what he can do, there aren't a ton of wacky supplies for him to take advantage of, he is unarmed no weapons/tools are available to him.

psychopath with a sword and armor tells me nothing, how good was he with his sword? How well trained were his men? how experienced?

Lemme state what factors Frank has here that give him an edge.

He has far more stamina, far more intelligent, higher lifting strength by far, meaning he could wrestle the sword outta the dude's hands, and it wouldn't be too difficult. He also has superior AP. He's like a megajoules. Assuming that this dude is comparable to a tiger that's like, a five times AP advantage.

climb is stated to be above a tiger so >106 kj, frank can easily crush a skull so >106 kj, i dont know here your getting a 5x ap advantage.

Climb has jack **** for martial arts and Gazef has even said he's basically shit at everything except determination, lol

Vote Frank.

Bob8999 said:
climb is stated to be above a tiger so >106 kj, frank can easily crush a skull so >106 kj, i dont know here your getting a 5x ap advantage.
He can survive sticks of dynamite, which are a megajoules. Only scaling him to the skull crushing feat is such downplay it's not funny considering this man fragments barrels just by running into them, which is already half a megajoules or more

Jackythejack said:
Bob8999 said:
He can survive sticks of dynamite, which are a megajoules. Only scaling him to the skull crushing feat is such downplay it's not funny considering this man fragments barrels just by running into them, which is already half a megajoules or more
thats a durability feat not an ap feat, what kind of barrel?

Well if it was only durability Climb would have a hard time hurting him.

But no it's also an AP feat. Evolved Zombies can survive sticks of dynamite as well and Frank can kill them with his bare hands if needed. Also the psychopaths can take hits from dynamite.

The calc for barrel busting is on the reference for common feats page

Lifting strength is a solid advantage especially with franks preferred fighting style.

Climb is shit tear according to overlord but thats in comparison to gazef and briane, he is still well above the empires average knights when it comes to fighting strength and he has access to seven martial arts though only four will end up relevant here.

Franks dura/ap is a massive advatage though and not one i see climb overcoming before frank manages to beat/wrestle him into submission, though I see frank getting frustrated with climbs armor for a bit as its quite tough (And not something he should actually have with his rather meager strength)

It wasn't with the metal binds and either way frank scales to a megajoules so-

Also I don't think a tiger is 106K

Jackythejack said:
It wasn't with the metal binds and either way frank scales to a megajoules so-
Also I don't think a tiger is 106K
tiger´s crush skulls thats a 106 kj feat.

Bite force of a tiger is 195 kJ.

If Climb is superior he should be around 200 kJ but probably more. At the very least it ain't a stomp mate.

Jackythejack said:
Bite force of a tiger is 195 kJ.
If Climb is superior he should be around 200 kJ but probably more. At the very least it ain't a stomp mate.
ok cool thats like a 5x ap advantage.

Yeah switching over, franks ap, dura and stamina advantage should let him outlast climb long enough to wrestle the sword from his grasp even with his martial arts. Climbs advantages come down to his reach, his armor (Made of mithril, same material used by new world 8 -c in there armor.), and his martial arts. but franks superior stamina and dura should let him outlast/beat climb into submission.

The pen or the sword said:
The pen or the sword said:
Climb may be getting 8c dura depending on how discussions about his armor goes.
Pretty sure if he gets this frank can't reasonably hurt him...
I mean, his head is still pretty visible and definitely able to be smashed

I mean yeah I mean just make a new thread.

His matter manipulation gun and his transmutation thingy would help him tons

Back