• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A fairy fights a dragon

My very first matchup. Alduin invades Gensokyo and is planning to eat it. Cirno wants to fight him in order to prove she is the strongest. Alduin is not amused and wants to destroy this nuisance.

Both at 6-C. Speed is equalised.

Since both doesn't have a way to kill each other permanently, immortality is restricted here.

CirnoWallpaper
Alduin
And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
With a hunger to swallow the world!

you don't need to bump every hours or so you know.

As for the vote...I don't know, but lean on Alduin for intelligent

Edit:...Now definitively vote for Alduin. Cirno's the type that would be stupid enough to stand right into his line of fire to get instakilled

Alduin has fought MUCH higher level characters than her and won. The three nord heroes would not have "won" without using the elder scrolls.

I would change the opening story. If Alduin wanted to eat it, he would stomp all of Touhou's universe with one attack by actually doing his job, "Rule it" sounds better.

also my vote goes to Alduin. The difference between Alduin and Cirno in physical strength is like the difference between me and a garter snake. And considering Cirno is very childlike (considering children largely underestimate everything, im serious, when i was 5 i thought i could beat floyd mayweather. i then figured out i'd end up in the hospital from a full power punch from him) it sounds likely she will just run up in front of him and just ask to be eaten.

also lets not mention how Alduin was cast outside of space and time by a multiversal scroll that transcends time.

and lived. Parthurnaax even knew that he was gonna come back like 5 minutes after he was banished.

SITHISIT said:
also my vote goes to Alduin. The difference between Alduin and Cirno in physical strength is like the difference between me and a garter snake. And considering Cirno is very childlike (considering children largely underestimate everything, im serious, when i was 5 i thought i could beat floyd mayweather. i then figured out i'd end up in the hospital from a full power punch from him) it sounds likely she will just run up in front of him and just ask to be eaten.

also lets not mention how Alduin was cast outside of space and time by a multiversal scroll that transcends time.

and lived. Parthurnaax even knew that he was gonna come back like 5 minutes after he was banished.
So a mismatch?

To put it bluntly, what makes Cirno so strong is her revival.

Take that away and make her face someone with a lot of haxx or at least someone who gets to keep their own immortailty..... and yes. It's a mismatch.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
To put it bluntly, what makes Cirno so strong is her revival.

Take that away and make her face someone with a lot of haxx or at least someone who gets to keep their own immortailty..... and yes. It's a mismatch.
I restricted Alduin's immortality as well.

eating cirno is a bad idea as she has been eaten by a giant toad before it promptly spat her out due to almost being frozen inside out. Dont know if this work for a big monster like dragon tho.

Unless he chomps on her torso and throws her around, ripping her to shreds especially when she doesn't have any immortality then finally eats her.

For a K.O match I will go for Alduin. Poor little Cirno she doesnt has any high-percing power or spellcard to deal with dragon's armor.

Btw i think u r wrong at "he would stomp all of the 2hu verse" , Cirno is just at the low-tier in 2hu-verse, there are some high-tier 2hu characters that have crazy hax. Also the "at least 6C" in Alduin's profile made me concluded this is a mismatch.

SITHISIT said:
If Alduin wanted to eat it, he would stomp all of Touhou's universe with one attack by actually doing his job, "Rule it" sounds better.
Just found this thread, but I just wanna mention that Alduin would have no way to stomp the Touhou verse considering there's literally about 125 characters, most around 5-A. 125 vs 1 isn't a good match up for anyone except Tier 2's and 1's lol.

And that's not even mentioning that Yukari alone could beat him single-handedly, but this thread is about Cirno, not the lazy as hell gap youkai.

Against Cirno, Alduin would win, unless you consider the fact that Cirno basically can't die as long as the concept of ice and snow are a thing in Gensokyo. Then it would be a stalemate.

I believe we can't restrict abilities. This would just be an inconclusive now as Alduin would just keep killing her and she would return via type 8

Victory Conditions: Killing the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.
~ Standard Battle Assumptions​
Couldn't Alduin knock her out? Perhaps Unreleting Force would do that.

Or just Time Stop and leave her frozen in time.

Back