• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cirno VS Clover: A Fairy’s Misfortune

Her luck is passive, being able to make her avoid things she is unaware of even to a point where projectiles being sent in her direction can either get blocked by other forces or stop before they can hit her. It can pretty much also be used to hurt others who try to approach her such as Nickel trying to walk up to her only for him to randomly trip on a banana peel.

Her luck is passive, being able to make her avoid things she is unaware of even to a point where projectiles being sent in her direction can either get blocked by other forces or stop before they can hit her. It can pretty much also be used to hurt others who try to approach her such as Nickel trying to walk up to her only for him to randomly trip on a banana peel.
I'd assume it's Luck/Probability Manipulation & just because what it manipulates is typically random, doesn't mean the manipulation itself operates purely randomly.

So: What circumstances does Clover need to be in where she wins?
What circumstances does she need to tie?
What circumstances does she need to lose?

Is she likely to be in any of those circumstances during the match?
Is she likely to enter any of those circumstances during the match?
(Be that from how things start, or how they're most likely to progr4ess.)

& in the circumstances she's in, or ones close to it, what has her Luck Manipulation done? What did it do where, when & why?

That's the issue with Passive Luck Manipulation; You need to be able to consistently win, & that means determine what's consistence for the circumstances of the match, IMHO.

Sorry if this is a big complex to dump on folks.

She’s unaware of her luck for most of the time, but it happens to activate at convenient times to let her avoid danger. That being said, the only way she would be able to lose is if she willingly uses her luck to kill herself, which is also how she would tie since she once used her luck to make a tower fall on her and several others to kill them including her.

There aren’t really any circumstances required for Clover’s luck to trigger, it happens at convenient times even when she’s unaware of it, such as Nickel constantly trying to take an embarrassing photo of her only for all of his attempts to be ruined by her luck. Even if Clover is doing nothing, her luck would conveniently get her to win, such as when Test Tube in Clover’s body was able to win a race by having wind push her despite her not doing anything.

I don't think Clover can bypass Cirno's immo and regen, but at the same time... I don't think Cirno can deal with her luck as well. Her luck might make Cirno's danmaku miss or make them go back to her, but Cirno is likely to just dodge them back, passive space-time might help, but I am unsure.

I am voting Incon.

Edit: I forgot Cirno has Acausality 4, if this acausality level grants resistance to luck/probably, Cirno might be able to win.

“Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.”

From what’s written on the page, it doesn’t seem to include resistance to Supernatural Luck/Probability Manipulation

“Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.”

From what’s written on the page, it doesn’t seem to include resistance to Supernatural Luck/Probability Manipulation
I don't think Clover can bypass Cirno's immo and regen, but at the same time... I don't think Cirno can deal with her luck as well. Her luck might make Cirno's danmaku miss or make them go back to her, but Cirno is likely to just dodge them back, passive space-time might help, but I am unsure.

I am voting Incon.

Edit: I forgot Cirno has Acausality 4, if this acausality level grants resistance to luck/probably, Cirno might be able to win.
Is there reason Cirno's Acausality Type 4 should grant Resistance to Luck Probability Manipulation, contrary to Psychomaster35's understanding of Acausality Type 4?

Back