• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Dragon Fights an Ashura: Kazuma Kiryu vs Tokita Ohma

These two are highly experienced fighters with highly versatile fighting styles, but only one can come out on top. So who will win, the Kengan Underdog or the Protector of Kamurocho?

Both at 9-A, speed equalized, fists only, win by KO. SBA otherwise.

The Dragon of Dojima

The Ashura

Equipment might need to be restricted for Kiryu for this to be fair.

Okay so a 1.3x AP difference between the two with both being more or less equally-skilled while Kiryu's gone with 4 people of equal strength and combat experience at once and still won while holding back so...

How likely is Tokita to use his hax? Because if Kiryu gets into Extreme Heat Mode he might actually take the lead in the AP division. Even without Heat Mode, Kiryu already has a massive lifting strength advantage over Tokita.

As for Ohma, since he's restricted to 9-A (so no Ironbreaker or Advance), most of his hax come through specific moves in his arsenal. Indestructible hardens his muscles and lets him take harder blows than usual, Phantom Pace makes the opponent think the attack went through them, Weeping Willow, Entanglement, and Flowing Edge shift the trajectory of a blow to make them miss (Entanglement can cause bones and joints to become dislocated), etc. However, since 9-A Ohma is before he got his memory back and his chi realigned, he's not as proficient with his abilities as he could be. As told by his master, he's not as proficient at Water and Adamantine Kata while restricted as he should be in order to master Niko Style.

In that case, Kiryu could actually edge out with Extreme Heat Mode given his impressive record with stamina and lifting strength.

Maybe, but Ohma also continued to perform at top condition throughout the Kengan tournament despite taking heavy blows and suffering major cardiac damage because of the Advance and refusing medical attention during the whole thing. Sure, he dies at the end, but only after being beaten by the winner Gensai and bleeding heavily for most of the match. I think the fight would drag out for a while since it's just hand to hand

Yeah well Kiryu scales waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above Kashiwagi who survived being littered with minigun rounds despite going into a coma and then recovering and heading over to the Survive Bar in Yakuza 7.

YES, THIS IS A SPOILER.

I agree. The match I want to do after this is Goro Majima vs Kiryu Setsuna. The fight of these guy's insane boyfriends

Yeah, I forgot that Setsuna doesn't have a 9-A key, but I still love the fact that both Yakuza and Kengan have similar character dynamics for the protag and their stalkers

Relatively speaking, how long would it take for Kiryu's heat to build up to where he can use Extreme Heat Mode? I know his attacks can build it pretty quickly, but getting punched also brings it down pretty fast as well

AFAIK with the Essence of the Brawler God his Heat bar fills to the maximum instantaneously.

And using Rush Mode to dodge attacks also fills it rapidly.

I see. However, other than 0, Kiwami, and 7 for some reason, he mainly uses Dragon style. The different styles in 0 made sense, he was still learning, and Kiwami explained that he forgot a lot due to inactivity, so he fell back on his older stuff. 7 seemed to be a test for Ichiban and he wasn't fighting seriously, so switching styles to show weaknesses kind of made sense. I don't think he'll switch styles for the fight, but that's just me

In that case he can just rely on the Essence of the Brawling God to instantly refill his Heat Gauge.

So what is Kiryu's usual tactic when it comes to fighting? Ohma likes to rush in before his power up, but he can quickly switch to counters and defensive measures

Kiryu likes to maintain his distance to take a good look at how his enemies fight after going in to land the first hit.

If Tokita goes in to grapple, Kiryu's gonna overpower him and put him in a chokehold right then and there.

Fair enough, but Ohma out wrestled Imai Cosmo, who is a genius when it comes to grapples. Lifting strength may play a part, but there's technique involved in it too.

Kiryu is a highly effective fighter, but his style is ultimately very simple in execution. Sure, he's taken down some extremely skilled fighters in his day, but his style still has a "street brawl" feel to it. Ohma's style is brutally efficient and designed to have numerous options for attacks, counters, and defense. For his 9-A key, he only really struggled when he either fought unusual fighters (one guy used his hair as a weapon. It was weird) and those with extreme durability (He fought an 8-C guy early on and blitzing with Advance didn't work, so he stopped their breathing with a throat poke to win). Since these two are the same tier and have comparable stamina, such a problem shouldn't present itself

Note, I'm just playing devil's advocate since I can't vote. I'm happy with either one winning, I just want to provide as much info as I can for the voters

Kiryu's no slouch to grapples either, he's had his experience with multiple wrestling icons in his own verse without much trouble and himself knows what Majima's grapples can do to him. And Kiryu's just overall more versatile with his surroundings so to speak.

Before I continue on, I'm thinking about giving Ohma Ironbreaker back. While it's technically a 9-A+ move, Kiryu enters that realm with Extreme Heat Mode, so I think it would be fair.

Still no Advance, that's 8-C

Back