• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A bureaucrat promotion

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Greetings, members of the VS Battles wiki community.

I would like to announce that Ryukama has been promoted to a bureaucrat of VS Battles wiki.

He is an extremely active administrator, and has proven his reliability, level-headedness and resourcefulness time and time again. He has undoubtedly earned the position.

My sincerest congratulations to him.

Ryukama is an extremely hardworking, reliable, levelheaded, reasonable, nice, and pleasant staff member, and has definitely earned this promotion.

He also has considerable previous experience from managing the Joke Battles wiki.

I think that the wiki will benefit greatly from his help, guidance, and stabilising influence.

Massive congratulations, and welcome to the team.

Finally, was wondering when this would happen, Ryukama was easily the most level headed, reasonable, and helpful admin on this site imo, he deserves this promotion.

I remember when Ryukama was still known as someone who mostly just shitposted, way back in 2015.

He was just a regular user back then, but over the years I saw him rise and grow to become one of the most productive, helpful and level-headed staff members of the whole wiki.

His promotion into a Bureucrat is well deserved.

Congratulations!

Congrats Ryu, he's one of my favorite staff members here; I very well approve of his promotion.

Thank you very much for the extremely kind words, everyone. It truly means a lot to me. Especially from a community I love and respect as much as this one.

I remember first coming across this site because I was bored and needed something to do after I got injured and couldn't do kickboxing anymore. I always found the concept of this wiki to be fascinating, and after a few months of being a lurker I made an account.

That is when my experience here only got infinitely better, as I started talking to many of the wonderful members here. People who were always kind, respectful, caring and just fun to be around.

To pay this site back for all the amazing times I've had on it, I will use my new position to help it out as much as I can. Everything from the Content Revision Threads, to the pages themselves, to the inner coding of the site to, especially, communicating with the community and making decisions that will bring them the most happiness here.

Since I am of a higher authority now, I would appreciate it if staff and other users treat me with a bit more respect than they normally would. However I am still the same person and I am never going to let this higher authority go to my head.

I remember when I was amazed by a Tier 0 profile. And sad since I thought to myself I would never be able edit the page. Or when I was worried no one would respect me as a user since I only had 300 edits. These experiences will stay with me, and I will use them to make sure I remain humble and still able to relate to regular users and lesser staff.

Just because I'm a bureaucrat does not mean I'm better than anyone else. Just because I'm a bureaucrat does not mean I'm worth more than anyone else. Just because I'm a bureaucrat does not mean I deserve a voice over anyone else. Just because I'm a bureaucrat does not mean I'm perfect or always right. And just because I'm a bureaucrat does not mean I can use my position as an argument.

All it means is that I have been granted greater responsibilities. And by all means, these responsibilities won't be squandered by me trying to feed some sort of ego. Or hold my "internet power" over other people.

These responsibilities will be used to try everything to the best of my abilities to make this site an even better place than it already is. A better place for everyone reading this. Whether you're a regular user with 300 edits, a mod, an admin or a bureaucrat, you matter. You deserve to have a good time on this site. And you will have your voice heard by me.

Thank you everyone.

@Nedako Not long at all. Since these are all my geniune thoughts and feelings. Just a little bit of time taken to type all of that.

Thank you Ryukama. I think that you will do a great job, and really appreciate all of your help.

Congrats, Ryu!! I'm happy for you! Here's hoping this is a fitting reward to you for all your hard work & dilligence, man!

Back