• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Bunny Fight a Monkey...... Well, not really

Expect that most guns in One Piece are load with lead ball which is easy to bounce off rubber skin. However, Laffey are equipped with 5 inch/38 caliber guns which carried huge piercing damage with them, something that rubber are entirely weak against.
It needs to be quite spikey or sharp.... Also luffy isn't weak to to piercing damage.... He is better than humans in tanking piercing/cutting attacks....

D: Oddachi, I found a mistake! On volume 59, chapter 584, Luffy bleeds because of Porchemy's gloves, right?? But but, in volume 1 chapter 2, Alvida's iron club with the same spikies don't work on Luffy! Is this OK?? Give me something! P.N.MONIO

O
: I see. It's OK. It's a slight problem we're talking about here, but look closely. The spikes' angles are different, right?!! I made this difference in the Impel Down Jailer Beasts and all as well, but even if the weapons all have the same spikies, the ones that work on Luffy have fine, sharp points, and I make them look like they can even pierce rubber. On the other hand, I drew Alvida's iron club dull so it looks like it would only put force on rubber. So it's OK!! I won't give you anything~!

the shells of the guns also carried explosion
Luffy resists explosions via resistance to blunt force and those bullets doesn't look sharp enough.... Something like this should work
UBNL0kgQXw2VYGi9DsLs6LMsbhGrBxscDsKG45GfivmVLNT68ae7gTQLKQqARSudjIiKxdiGPPszqQnfpqY8ZV_3yYIjanhRvQoHKGf_EybH5gGzZ_viCNWiBkyQGoJbzAtjnP1Rejndi1szjMJ7fZ68lDc7WgdhzY-zJI9JWF-Er7n7NDp_CdxCOih6FpEt-WN6KKo31vuy0chI
176545.jpg
12.png
13.jpg

These doesn't even work
21.jpg

Luffy don't have resistance to explosive and all those examples blatantly shown Luffy being hurt by sharp object.

Bullet don't have sharp edge but KE from muzzle velocity allows them to pierce armor and such, which why it is called piercing damage in the first place.

Luffy don't have resistance to explosive
Bullet don't have sharp edge but KE from muzzle velocity allows them to pierce armor and such, which why it is called piercing damage in the first place.
Yee and something so sharp that can cut tree's or claws that can cut stone can't fully pierce luffy's body but instead just leaves small cuts... And many more he can survive...

So? Laffey artillery shells could very hurt him due to their AP.

That's just durability, nothing implied he's completely immune to them. Heck, they manage to cut deep into his head shown he is just vulnerable to sharp object. Realistically speaking, Laffey guns are far different from those discs since the propellant discharge bullets at fast velocity therefore piercing armor and the likes. The size of ammo (aka 5"/38cal) mean they can penetrate thick hull with ease.

Why are bullets being argued to work against Luffy?

Shigan which has great piercing damage fails against Luffy, bullets are no different.
Inb4 NLF

Tbh this is a mismatch if you ask me

EDIT: Reason why i said mismatch, the bullets/cannons would'nt work against Luffy but at the same time.....Laffey is basically a "ship" which mean she's mainly fight in the water and we know the main weakness of DF users

At least this is from what i get

Last edited:
Tho... Luffy has pretty good senses and reach advantage which makes him survive the sea alot 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps, i'll leave it to Emi to decide if this is mismatch

Tho even if it's isn't a mismatch, what's the win-con for Laffey now as the major advantage she had got nulled, no matter if she can outrange him or not

Back