• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Abilities revision for Rubber Monkey

MonkeyOfLife

He/Him
VS Battles
Image Helper
Luffy should have resistance to Explosion Manipulation because of this:
17.png
18.png

Luffy should also get Blood Manipulation because of this
19.png
16.jpg

Last edited:
Disagree with resistance to explosion Manipulation, it's redundant to add since he has resistance to blunt force already, which would cover explosions.

Blood Manipulation and enhanced body control should work, I'd also argue that is some sort of information Analysis since Lucci could tell what Luffy was doing down to its core mechanic.

Advanced Body Control fits, but I don't think Blood Manipulation does. He is moving his legs to increase his blood pressure. He doesn't have any special control over blood, it is just that he can effectively use his legs as a second heart.

Also, it could make a strong argument for bloos manipulation resistance. Slow or stop it and he manually pumps it. Speed it up or pull it out, his body stretches to compensate. You need to either fully gain control, use it to stab him, or destroy/make it unviable to overcome this resistance.

As for explosion resistance, does that attack overcome his normal durability?

I did. And at best you could say that he is using to enhance himself. He is moving his skin and muscles and the process is specifically compared to doping. I don't think that "physically being able to interact with blood" and "can benefit from doping" meet the qualification for this ability, when there is another ability that describes exactly that and I think the most it will do is be confusing.

If someone had a mechanical pump that did the same thing and was able to resist the effects it had on their body, I don't that qualifies. I don't see how this significantly different.

Blood manipulation is just being able to manipulate your blood.
Non battle applicable blood manipulation is fine.

I don't really see how the first one is "resistance to Explosion Manipulation" honestly, through this logic, you could slap that onto anyone that survives an explosion, which seems a bit weird, it's just durability.

Doesn't the Body Control on his profile kinda already cover G2 and how it works? It's a bit redundant to add blood manipulation when it's sort of already covered and useless, seems like just bloating his page with irrelevant abilities.

Doesn't the Body Control on his profile kinda already cover G2 and how it works? It's a bit redundant to add blood manipulation when it's sort of already covered and useless, seems like just bloating his page with irrelevant abilities.
Body control has nothing to do with blood only his rubberness

Body control has nothing to do with blood.
It does though
Advanced control - allows you to not only manage the vital functions of the body and increase its capabilities but also to do what is impossible for an ordinary person. For example, to fully control the hair (to lengthen them to increase strength, turned into a needle, etc.), manipulate the blood (and other body fluids), lengthening nails or bones (including changing the shape of the bones). At this level of ownership of the body can also, to some extent change its shape.
On the Body Control page.

I don't really see how the first one is "resistance to Explosion Manipulation" honestly, through this logic, you could slap that onto anyone that survives an explosion, which seems a bit weird, it's just durability.
Probably right

It does though

On the Body Control page.
Not necessarily, not all forms of body control are born on the same level and Luffy's page does elaborate the mechanic's of G2. It's just "Body Control via gum gum no mi" which is left vague.

If someone was able to scoop up water and using just their strength and speed throw it at high speed, would they have water manipulation?

His body control isn't stated to cover that.

And regardless it needs to be specified, so something like

Blood Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, and Body Control with Gear 2nd (Can manipulate blood in his body to gain speed and strength)

His body control isn't stated to cover that.

And regardless it needs to be specified, so something like

Blood Manipulation, Statistics Amplification, and Body Control with Gear 2nd (Can manipulate blood in his body to gain speed and strength)
Or just Statistics Amplification and Advanced Body Control with Gear 2nd (Can manipulate blood in his body to gain speed and strength)

Again, Body Control itself covers Blood Manipulation, there's no reason to list it twice like that.

If someone was able to scoop up water and using just their strength and speed throw it at high speed, would they have water manipulation?
That's not the same thing at all. No matter how strong or fast you are you can't control your blood cells

Or just Statistics Amplification and Advanced Body Control with Gear 2nd (Can manipulation blood in his body to gain speed and strength)

Again, Body Control itself covers Blood Manipulation, there's no reason to list it twice like that.
That's like saying someone who can yank their bones out and beat someone else up with it like Kimimaro shouldn't get bone manip cause it covers it.

If someone manually ripped out their arm bone and started hitting people with it, but high enough regeneration to not care about that and their bones were innately strong enough to be used as a weapon, I wouldn't consider that bone manipulation and I feel like that is an accurate comparison, just instead of regen/advanced physiology, it is body control/rubber physiology.

That's like saying someone who can yank their bones out and beat someone else up with it like Kimimaro shouldn't get bone manip cause it covers it.
Not comparable

For one, Kimimaro doesn't have both Body Control and Bone Manipulation listed, just the latter.

For two, Kimimaro can literally regenerate his bones and pull them out of his body to use them as weapons, Body Control doesn't cover that and that is why he has Bone Manipulation listed, what Luffy does is covered fine by the Body Control page.

But I've grown tired arguing something so meaningless, if you really want to bloat Luffy's page with irrelevant abilities that serve absolutely zero purpose other than to make his abilities tab look bigger, feel free.

You guys are thinking too hard about it

Summary​

The manipulation of the blood - the ability to allow one way or another affect the blood, modifying it, transforming, using an attack, protect or enhance the body and affect the body as a whole, rewriting the genetic code of blood cells.
We're not saying he can smack people with blood, we're just saying he can manipulate his blood, which he does.

Body control is manipulating your blood or other fluids to change your body while blood manipulation is controlling blood to enhance yourself.

The manga explicitly states what is doing. He is increasing his blood pressure by moving his rubber-like legs up and down to increase his blood pressure to create a doping effect, which is a real-world thing.

I would like to go one further with my argument: By this broad of a definition, every character with a circulatory system has blood manipulation. The heart affect the blood in a way that enhance the body and affect the body as a whole

Going one step further, the human body releases adrenaline which have the same effect (body enhancement) by the same mechanism (increased blood pressure).

Baseline Humans have blood manipulation by this definition.

The manga explicitly states what is doing. He is increasing his blood pressure by moving his rubber-like legs up and down to increase his blood pressure to create a doping effect, which is a real-world thing.

I would like to go one further with my argument: By this broad of a definition, every character with a circulatory system has blood manipulation. The heart affect the blood in a way that enhance the body and affect the body as a whole

Going one step further, the human body releases adrenaline which have the same effect (body enhancement) by the same mechanism (increased blood pressure).
No, cause they're not manipulating the blood willingly.
That's like saying I have air manipulation by breathing.

Luffy is using body control to manipulate blood. Which only rubber men can do

And? That doesn't disprove my point.
Yes it does.

You're comparing a regular human bodily function to manipulating that bodily function.

That's like scrapping healing for all characters because the body naturally heals.

I am arguing that by using this overly broad definition of blood manipulation, baseline humans have it. This is obviously absurd and thus the definition must be wrong. By saying this obviously absurd you don't disprove my point. In order to disprove it, you must elaborate why the definition I am arguing against is wrong, or use another definition that doesn't include baseline humans but still includes Luffy.

And I think the comparison to real-life humans is apt, because he is using his powers that nobody disagrees that he has, his rubber physiology and body control, to induce an effect that real-humans could benefit from, doping.

This is manipulating blood to body control:
Advanced control - allows you to not only manage the vital functions of the body and increase its capabilities but also to do what is impossible for an ordinary person. For example, to fully control the hair (to lengthen them to increase strength, turned into a needle, etc.), manipulate the blood (and other body fluids), lengthening nails or bones (including changing the shape of the bones). At this level of ownership of the body can also, to some extent change its shape.

This is body control manipulating blood:
Use your legs as pump to accelerate blood circulation.

I am arguing that by using this overly broad definition of blood manipulation, baseline humans have it. This is obviously absurd and thus the definition must be wrong. By saying this obviously absurd you don't disprove my point. In order to disprove it, you must elaborate why the definition I am arguing against is wrong, or use another definition that doesn't include baseline humans but still includes Luffy.

And I think the comparison to real-life humans is apt, because he is using his powers that nobody disagrees that he has, his rubber physiology and body control, to induce an effect that real-humans could benefit from, doping.
You can't use a comparison with real life humans and say I can't.

Luffy is manipulating his regular bodily functions to work at an elevated level.

Regular humans don't do that.

Regular humans can breathe, but if someone can take a deep breath and blow away a city, it counts as air manip.
This is the same thing. You're overcomplicating it.

You can't use a comparison with real life humans and say I can't.

Luffy is manipulating his regular bodily functions to work at an elevated level.

Regular humans don't do that.

Regular humans can breathe, but if someone can take a deep breath and blow away a city, it counts as air manip.
This is the same thing. You're overcomplicating it.
As I said, humans do exactly what Luffy is doing. We release adrenaline which increases our blood pressure to give us more energy. The exact same thing that Luffy is doing. And yes, I disagree with giving someone with super-breath air-manipulation, but I don't think that is mechanically dissimilar to what Luffy is doing.

Back