• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B+ Tournament round 1 match 5 (Korath vs The Harpists) (1/7/0)

How do the sound attacks work?
It doesn't seem like they're high enough to offer any kind of AP advantage, they possibly equal it out but in that case they still have inferior durability. Speed is equal so Korath is gonna kill them quicker than they can kill him right?

There is the range disadvantage that Korath has however, mans may look big a bruting but in reality he's a smol boy. His range is on the higher end of Tens of Centimetres (Up to around a metre)

If Korath gets a hit (or even if they hit him) he's gonna ignite them too, dealing even more damage.

The sound attacks appear to be used to offensively create energy attacks shaped as swords which can pierce opponents, and in the case someone were to throw a projectile at them, they can stop the attack with a forcefield before sending it back with their sound.

Korath resists his own stuff so Status Stuff isn't gonna bother him. Can they deflect melee attacks or shockwaves?

It also doesn't seem like the Forcefields have any higher durability than the guys themselves, at least it isn't noted on their profile if so.

... this is interesting, I didn't expect to see Backyard Monsters characters here. I remember playing the game a looong time ago on Facebook.

I won't do my usual topic-by-topic analysis, as this match is different enough to require an entirely different way of evaluating it.

First of all, both can inflict atrocious damage to each other if they hit. Korath's sheer size means that, even if he was 5, 10 times weaker, he'd still concentrate way more energy over a smaller area than the Harpists could in normal blows against most targets. It is good to keep in mind how pathetically weak mosquitos are in relation to us and they can still stab through our skin and potentially muscle, and how "sharpness" actually works: All impacts are "blunt", but the sharper something is, the smaller the area of the impact is. Korath isn't only far stronger in relation to the Harpists than a mosquito or, hell, even a killer wasp would be in proportion to us, but is actually far stronger than the Harpists. He will be tearing chunks and causing atrocious harm with each of his attacks.

Conversely, the Harpists' sound blades, if they hit, will cause horrendous damage, as a sword's sharp edge is more than enough to go through something that is twice as durable. However, it is far harder for them to hit Korath, as speed is equalized and Korath is far smaller. Worse than that, Korath has equalized speed. Again, proportionally to us, flies are actually quite slow, but through reflexes, size and sudden changes in flight trajectory, they can easily avoid human strikes as wide as someone's palm, while a blade's edge is far thinner and Korath is far nimbler. I'll be fair though, as I imagine that such a blade would be invisible as it is made out of, well, sound.

But, much like real life, being a short king isn't accepted as being objectively superior to everyone, as it should be, so the universe conspires against Korath by cursing him with his biggest disadvantages: Incredibly low range, very low momentum (which, coupled with his very low LS, is... oof) and actually having difficulties in landing lethal blows for the sheer amount of mass he'd need to get through to score a lethal hit. The last point is the easiest to mend, as Korath is really strong, has fire powers and doing a lethal hit is quite doable, particularly if Korath has any notion about the position of a human's veins. But the other two are really bad. The Harpists can easily, eaaasily keep their distance with sound walls and, if they somehow manage to use sound to pressure Korath into the ground, he won't be getting out of that.

So... This is a weird match. The Harpists will have an incredibly hard time even hitting Korath, but Korath will also be pressured to even get close to them. If I had to bet, I'd say I find it more likely for Korath to eventually catch up and kill'em, as I think that its sheer strength and fire powers would allow it to burrow through either the ground or the sound walls that are manifested. So, yeah, I think Korath wins.

I didn't expect to see Backyard Monsters characters here. I remember playing the game a looong time ago on Facebook.
Bro I thought I was the only guy on the Wiki who knew about the game! It doesn't even exist anymore sadly. We got the full verse on here if you're curious.

Your reasoning seems sound btw, i'll also vote Korath fra.

Bro I thought I was the only guy on the Wiki who knew about the game! It doesn't even exist anymore sadly. We got the full verse on here if you're curious.
Yeah, I checked it out. Goddammit, I remember the metal monster still. It was a pain to deal with them when people sent them to the base...

There are some surprisingly cool games on Facebook that are profile-worthy. In fact, there's one that I really should make profiles about, Sword Quest. That one was excellent.

Lol, Backyard Monsters was my favorite game on Facebook, shame it cant be played anymore.

There's definitely some good games that have been on Facebook, I don't play any currently but some more old ones I recall are Social Wars and Social Empires (Both of which also cant be played anymore sadly)

Late reply so here is my go:

Korath resists his own stuff so Status Stuff isn't gonna bother him. Can they deflect melee attacks or shockwaves?

It also doesn't seem like the Forcefields have any higher durability than the guys themselves, at least it isn't noted on their profile if so.
Yes, they can deflect physical attack and likely shockwaves as well since sound are vibration. If Korath get close to them, they would repel him back like this.

The forcefield should be comparable to them but touching it normally isn't possible because they're... well, sound. Venom also point out that sound are semi-invisible above.

Korath's small size is quite difficult to aim, i agree on that, but an continuously attack would hit him more than he can against The Harpists. Along with the fact that those attack are semi-invisible only make it harder for Korath to dodge it. If things gone bad, they could summon bunch of dead warriors to come aid them.

Anothing i would like to mention that Tin-chan, the blind guy, can locate whereabout via hearing. I'm not sure why he doesn't have it but it was shown the video that he can perform pretty well despite being blind.

So yeah, The Harpist known not to let this living lava monster touched them from first look and would launching nonstop attack at it, if Korath attempt to get close then they will push him away or summon dead warriors to overwhelmed him. The Harpist FRA.

... this is interesting, I didn't expect to see Backyard Monsters characters here. I remember playing the game a looong time ago on Facebook.

I won't do my usual topic-by-topic analysis, as this match is different enough to require an entirely different way of evaluating it.

First of all, both can inflict atrocious damage to each other if they hit. Korath's sheer size means that, even if he was 5, 10 times weaker, he'd still concentrate way more energy over a smaller area than the Harpists could in normal blows against most targets. It is good to keep in mind how pathetically weak mosquitos are in relation to us and they can still stab through our skin and potentially muscle, and how "sharpness" actually works: All impacts are "blunt", but the sharper something is, the smaller the area of the impact is. Korath isn't only far stronger in relation to the Harpists than a mosquito or, hell, even a killer wasp would be in proportion to us, but is actually far stronger than the Harpists. He will be tearing chunks and causing atrocious harm with each of his attacks.

Conversely, the Harpists' sound blades, if they hit, will cause horrendous damage, as a sword's sharp edge is more than enough to go through something that is twice as durable. However, it is far harder for them to hit Korath, as speed is equalized and Korath is far smaller. Worse than that, Korath has equalized speed. Again, proportionally to us, flies are actually quite slow, but through reflexes, size and sudden changes in flight trajectory, they can easily avoid human strikes as wide as someone's palm, while a blade's edge is far thinner and Korath is far nimbler. I'll be fair though, as I imagine that such a blade would be invisible as it is made out of, well, sound.

But, much like real life, being a short king isn't accepted as being objectively superior to everyone, as it should be, so the universe conspires against Korath by cursing him with his biggest disadvantages: Incredibly low range, very low momentum (which, coupled with his very low LS, is... oof) and actually having difficulties in landing lethal blows for the sheer amount of mass he'd need to get through to score a lethal hit. The last point is the easiest to mend, as Korath is really strong, has fire powers and doing a lethal hit is quite doable, particularly if Korath has any notion about the position of a human's veins. But the other two are really bad. The Harpists can easily, eaaasily keep their distance with sound walls and, if they somehow manage to use sound to pressure Korath into the ground, he won't be getting out of that.

So... This is a weird match. The Harpists will have an incredibly hard time even hitting Korath, but Korath will also be pressured to even get close to them. If I had to bet, I'd say I find it more likely for Korath to eventually catch up and kill'em, as I think that its sheer strength and fire powers would allow it to burrow through either the ground or the sound walls that are manifested. So, yeah, I think Korath wins.
Consider changing your vote?

Back