• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament of Swords, Spears, and More Round 5: Wisperwind vs Conan the Barbarian

Hello! And welcome back to our Medieval Tournament of Swords, Spears, and More! For our fifth round we have the graceful Wisperwind of the Cloudfolk facing off against the barbaric Conan himself! Here are some ground rules, first:
  • This battle takes place in an arena outside of these characters' verses; The arena is a large multi-environmental area with a 1 kilometer radius, both will start at a center building with relatively uneven terrain and areas to roost on, but there is a desert, a swamp, a forest, and a plains area. The day night cycle happens every 12 hours or so.
  • Both characters start 10 meters apart from each other
  • Speeds are equalized
  • Both have all their standard equipment, but Conan is restricted from his bow
Our first fighter Wisperwind, scales to 100 000 J, while our second fighter Conan, scales to 516 644.24 J!

Will this be a graceful victory for Wisperwind or will Conan hear her lamentations?

Wisperwind: 2

Conan: 1

Incon:

Last edited:
Can you go into more detail regarding the arena's structure and its surroundings?
Wisperwind is an agile fight who makes good use of her environment if that is possible. If she has the option she would likely prefer to lure Conan out of the arena into a forest or to a body of water, where she can play her advantages better.
If that isn't an option other places of uneven footing, places that need acrobatic talent to fight in, or even just places where she can use her limited flight to manoeuvre steep slopes or walls would be an option for her.

Also, which time of the day is it?

Ok, thanks, I can work with that. So, let me give a narrative here:
Wisperwind sees this positively massive trained warrior guy standing before her. If she doesn't immediately decide to get to an advantageous position, she will do so after exchanging a couple of blows and noticing that the guy is extremely strong skilled.
My bet for her strategy is either luring him to the swamp or the forest. She can use her throwing needles to motivate him to keep close to her, as she makes her way over.
In those environments, the Federflug shines. As it reduces the user's weight to that of a feather, it is actually possible for her to jump around in the swamp without sinking in. Conan, with his huge weight, wouldn't have this advantage and have a big disadvantage from having to work against the mud and bad footing.
In the case of the forest, the advantage comes in the form of stealth capabilities and the ability to jump from tree to tree. The Federflug especially enables her to move around on the branches of trees, which are too thin to carry a humans weight, making it nearly impossible for Conan to keep up with her movement-wise.

By playing her advantages like that, and maybe by blinding her opponent with the sunlight on occasions, Wisperwind should have a decent way to win even against this physically superior opponent.

Conan has dozens of meters with rocks

And depending on which durability we use for her she gets one shot while he has chainmail and leather tunic which should help protect him with his at least wall level durability.

Wisperwind only has one advantage flight but I don't think it is enough. Put me for Conan

She scales to her own 100kj blasts so not quite oneshot but close. From what limited reading of Das Wolkenvolk I've seen, she has a massive mobility advantage.

Conan has dozens of meters with rocks
Wisperwind can definitely swat some speed-equal rocks from the air. They honestly are less of a threat to her, than her throwing needles are to him.

I also wanna point out that his advantage in durability isn't as significant as it might seem at first. The reason for that is the advantage of bladed weapons.
Conan's 516644.24J come from destroying wooden doors. Wisperwind has feats of casually cutting monsters of humanoid size into pieces, which are made entirely out of wood. Wisperwinds feat doesn't give similar values on paper, because her divine weapons could for all we know be sharper than razor blades. It betrays a similar capability to overcome durability, though.
The blades also happen to be the only things capable of killing Xian, who otherwise appear invulnerable to mortal attacks in general. That as well demonstrates their attack power.
So at least on Wisperwinds offensive side, the stat difference weighs much less hard, than it might seem at first.

Last edited:
Yes but he has armor that should help block blades and needles and he should also one shot if they blades clash he has a lifting strength advantage
Wisperwinds feat doesn't give similar values on paper, because her divine weapons could for all we know be sharper than razor blades. It betrays a similar capability to overcome durability, though.
It could be made of different woods and you need to prove that or get her properly calculated before using that argument.

Yes but he has armor that should help block bladesand needles
Unless the armor is supernaturally durable it would easily be cut through. Also, how much does it actually cover?

and he should also one shot if they blades clash he has a lifting strength advantage
How would a lifting strength advantage translate to oneshotting? The impact of the blade is covered by Striking Strength. At best he could push her backwards if they press their blades against each other, but with her agility and the Federflug, that isn't a problem.

It could be made of different woods and you need to prove that or get her properly calculated before using that argument.
Not like we really know which wood the door Conans feat is based on was made off. Sooo... we would just default to both being default wood, I guess?
As for the calculation part... nah. I could easily produce a J/m^2 value as cutting AP of the blades, but it would be meaningless as Conan has no corresponding value. We generally acknowledge that cutting/piercing weapons are better at their job than blunt force, but don't really quantify it. It's still not an invalid argument, if one can make a direct comparison like in this case, though.

Unless the armor is supernaturally durable it would easily be cut through. Also, how much does it actually cover?
I am going to go out on a limb and say he isn't made naked in his durability feats so I think it's tough enough and his chest area.
How would a lifting strength advantage translate to oneshotting? The impact of the blade is covered by Striking Strength. At best he could push her backwards if they press their blades against each other, but with her agility and the Federflug, that isn't a problem.
I meant to separate the two with a blade, her low durability, and his AP advantage she is not living a solid strike. And if blades clash I believe we use lifting strength to find who wins. Also she doesn't have Acrobatics and he does.
Not like we really know which wood the door Conans feat is based on was made off. Sooo... we would just default to both being default wood, I guess?
It seems one is based in Europe and the other in Asia I don't think they have the same woods and his feat is "He also routinely bursts through walls and heavy doors with ease" walls are definitely tougher than then something designed to be cut and stabbed for training.

I am going to go out on a limb and say he isn't made naked in his durability feats so I think it's tough enough and his chest area.
I mean, idk, if his picture is anything to go by he doesn't wear a lot usually, so I don't know what feats and design that armor has.

I meant to separate the two with a blade, her low durability, and his AP advantage she is not living a solid strike. And if blades clash I believe we use lifting strength to find who wins. Also she doesn't have Acrobatics and he does.
Her page was created before the acrobatics page was created, so guess why.
For the lifting strength figuring out who wins... nah, as said at best it would determine who can push the other back. For who wins in a sword clas physical AP is what's relevant.

It seems one is based in Europe and the other in Asia I don't think they have the same woods and his feat is "He also routinely bursts through walls and heavy doors with ease" walls are definitely tougher than then something designed to be cut and stabbed for training.
The numbers for his feat just come from the common feats page. Unless you can actually figure out which wood those doors use or put a number on the walls, I remain at my point.

It's a ruin with many cracks and extensions and whatnot, not much of a building left with much debris around

Back